Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sister in law visiting this week - how do I hide the extra weight?

• 17-10-2010 8:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭

Hi, this sounds minor but one of my sister in law's is coming to visit this week - how do I hide the fact that I am pregnant as it is too early to say yet. I have not gained much weight (1-2lb) but can not stand loose things around my tummy. Could I blame it on pms?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

No one will say anything even if it is noticed. All that you will hear is that when you announce it, they will say "I knew it!"
    I wouldnt get worked up over a few pounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Jumpy wrote: »
    No one will say anything even if it is noticed. All that you will hear is that when you announce it, they will say "I knew it!"
    I wouldnt get worked up over a few pounds.
    She has said that I was overweight in the past (am a size 8, she is a size 6 or less), this has led to rows in the past as I think that she has issues. This is why I am nevous, anyone else I would not care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Just say, I have a baby I don't have time to lost weight anymore ;)

Just say, I have a baby I don't have time to lost weight anymore ;)
    She has a son who is almost a year though, great idea otherwise though. I did get back to my pre-pregnancy weight within a month of giving birth to my son as I put on only 14lb myself (not by choice). Sorry for stressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Stop apologizing missus! :p

• Advertisement

Stop apologizing missus! :p
    Thanks, am just hormonal. Going upstairs to get hugs from my two Shanes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

CathyMoran wrote: »
    She has said that I was overweight in the past (am a size 8, she is a size 6 or less), this has led to rows in the past as I think that she has issues. This is why I am nevous, anyone else I would not care.

Cathy you poor thing, she sounds like an unpleasant madam :eek:
    You have a fantastic slim figure, if she thinks you're 'overweight' then she'd definitely think I was morbidly obese :rolleyes::D

I think if you layer clothes it might not be as obviously, even if you wear a cardigan or blazer it mightn't be as obvious.

Or if she is rude enough to mention it, then I would blame pms.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If she comments tell her it was for health reasons:)

Advertisement