Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

raspberries

Options
  • 17-10-2010 8:55pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

i have been given 2 raspberry plants and i am wondering can i plant them in containers, as i have heard they spread everywhere are are impossible to get rid off.

i only have a small northfacing garden, and the part that gets the most sun is the patio area.

would they survive in a planter? if they would, has anyone any suggests of what type and where to get them ?

thanks

ib

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

I've not tried but according to this site you should have success.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_6098751_plant-raspberries-pots.html

Good Luck!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

My next door neighbour grew damn tasty raspberries this summer from large pots.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 LoveGreen

A little off topic but can anyone tell me the type of Raspberries they have been selling in Lidl latley? Are they the summer kind or everbearing? thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Yeah they throw runners, the victorians use to use slates old house slates partly sticking out of the ground either side to control this. They like moisture so make sure the pots are kept pretty moist. A friend grows his against a fence in a raised bed and I have to say it doesnt throw that many runners as raspberries grow on the flat. The rainfall runs off the fence so the bed is kept moist and he gets a very good crop.

Advertisement