Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chapelizod - Coffee?!

Options
  • 17-10-2010 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I have just moved to Chapelizod.. and am wondering is there a hidden coffee shop I haven't come across?! I love love love coffee, brunch etc; and presumed there was one there somewhere!
    Anyone know?? The Spar don't even have a working coffee machine! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

alas carrie i dont think there is one:( however why dont you open one yourself. i can be your 1st customer. obriens in jfk is the nearest good coffee place

carrieb wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I have just moved to Chapelizod.. and am wondering is there a hidden coffee shop I haven't come across?! I love love love coffee, brunch etc; and presumed there was one there somewhere!
    Anyone know?? The Spar don't even have a working coffee machine! :eek:

Maybe take a nice walk, or a lazy drive, to the boat house in Farmleigh in the Phoenix Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

There is usually something on in the community centre for coffee.
    Also, the villager do a lovely coffee/sambo combo

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jbombon

I was just thinking the other day that there are a number of empty buildings that would be great as coffee shops in the Main Street.... *sigh*...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 barstool

Unfortunately, Chapelizod seems to be the death of business for some reason. It's a real shame, it could really do with a coffee shop and a proper greengrocers. The small unit beside the Pharmacy had a planning notice up to become a cafe but that was about two years ago and I havent heard anything since. Presuming it fell through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

barstool wrote: »
    Unfortunately, Chapelizod seems to be the death of business for some reason. It's a real shame, it could really do with a coffee shop and a proper greengrocers. The small unit beside the Pharmacy had a planning notice up to become a cafe but that was about two years ago and I havent heard anything since. Presuming it fell through.

And I see the fairly new Chinese restaurant and takeaway has closed, it was near the bottom of chapelizod hill,very surprised at that as I thought there would have been a good market area for them there,and they usually don't giveup easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Went by the bridge pub tonight and that's closed now aswell. Thought that pub would have enough regulars to keep it going ?

So that would leave the west county hotel mulligan house and the village inn left.

Advertisement