Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New vegas round the corner, who's still playin Fallout 3?

Options
  • 17-10-2010 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭

Isn't it just an awesome game?:D I can't seem to stop playin it :P Im glad New Vegas is out soon because then I'll stop playin Fallout 3 :p

I actually lost everything on my HDD because i'm fairly stupid, deleted my profile AND items by mistake while attempting to transfer to another HDD lol

So i started Fallout 3 again around 2 weeks ago and have already hit level 20.

Still so much stuff I've not found in the game or noticed either.

Anyway, Fallout 3, class game. Lookin forward to Friday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'm still playing Fallout 3 but I'm not getting my hopes up on Vegas.

Obsidian made some cut backs on KOTOR2, almost wrecked the alternate Star Wars universe that Bioware created.

They made a mess of Alpha Protocol, a game that had a ton of stuff going for it in concept but they just could not pull it all together when it came down to it.

I know Bethesda were ment to be keeping an eye over the Obsidian team throughout the Vegas development but still, I'll wait and see how this goes.

I can just see it ending up more simplified and alot more glitches than Fallout 3 has/had before it got patched up.

I hope they do it I really do and the work they put into Vegas is the excuse for the shambles that was Alpha Protocol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im certainly looking forward to it,dunno whether to get it for console or pc though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

I'm still playing Fallout 3 but I'm not getting my hopes up on Vegas.

Obsidian made some cut backs on KOTOR2, almost wrecked the alternate Star Wars universe that Bioware created.

They made a mess of Alpha Protocol, a game that had a ton of stuff going for it in concept but they just could not pull it all together when it came down to it.

I know Bethesda were ment to be keeping an eye over the Obsidian team throughout the Vegas development but still, I'll wait and see how this goes.

I can just see it ending up more simplified and alot more glitches than Fallout 3 has/had before it got patched up.

I hope they do it I really do and the work they put into Vegas is the excuse for the shambles that was Alpha Protocol.

you do know it wasnt obsidian that wrecked kotor 2 but lucas arts, LA made them rush the game so it would be out for xmas which meant that obsidian had to cut a lot of content (a lot of which has been restored on the pc), also alpha protocol isnt that bad its actually a decent game with good characters and a good story its the technical side of things that obsidian arent too great at which is why new vegas could be brilliant (seeing as bethesda gave them the game mechanics)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Im certainly looking forward to it,dunno whether to get it for console or pc though :eek:

pc is always the better option if you can run it maxed as it will have a ton of mods as well as better graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I have the game of the year edition of Fallout 3 just lying there for months now, I really should start it! I just know it's going to take some load of time to get through!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

i put it in last night to get started. ill try to get in a couple of hours a day for a while to see what i can get done! its not generally my type of game, but im having trouble putting it down when i get going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I really should play F3 before Friday, bought the Broken Steel DLC and only played the first mission of it.

Soon as i get a decent PC will pick up the GoTY of F3 and NV.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

folan wrote: »
    i put it in last night to get started. ill try to get in a couple of hours a day for a while to see what i can get done! its not generally my type of game, but im having trouble putting it down when i get going.

^^^^ This.

Installed Fallout 3 on my PC last night, already debating whether to get the GOTY edition as it is only £11.99 on amazon :P. I knew I would be hooked the moment I poked my head outsuide the vault for the first time,

Halfway through Dead Space on the Xbox as well, which one to concentrate on is an awesome gaming dilema to have :pac:.[/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

only recently stopped, savage game played thru twice at the start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

I started playing again over the weekend, to get back into it.

Only 4 days to go!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

working my way through fallout 3 now... started it about a week after it came out and never finished it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I stopped playing Fallout 3 before I finished it but had always intended to return to it. I downloaded all the DLC that was made free last week on PS+ so that should really make me go back and finish it.

I won't be buying New Vegas until I finish Fallout 3.

Advertisement