Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appraise my build? Preeetty Please?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

CPU and Mobo don not support Triple channel RAM- so you're much better off getting 4GB or 8GB (unnecessary unless you do rendering/encoding/mathematical modelling/simulations etc.). 3 sticks will run in single channel mode, effectively cutting your bandwidth in half versus dual channel mode.

Would recommend a Samsung F3 or F4 over the Hitachi.

Mobo is out of stock and only has 1x USB 3.0. For similar money you should be able to get a 8 series board with more USB 3.0 ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Your best option is to get 2 sets of those ram, that will give you 12gb and it will work in dual channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

mtb_kng wrote: »
    Your best option is to get 2 sets of those ram, that will give you 12gb and it will work in dual channel.

There are only 4 DIMM slots! What will he/she (unlikely, but who knows :p) do with the 2 sticks that have nowhere to go?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Diol

Juggle them :D

Thanks a lot guys... as you can see I just barely know what i'm doing choosing these parts, so the advice is greatly appreciated :)

C.D. wrote: »
    There are only 4 DIMM slots! What will he/she (unlikely, but who knows :p) do with the 2 sticks that have nowhere to go?!
    Sell them. :P

EDIT: I might actually buy them, if they're the right price too :D

• Advertisement

Apart from the RAM thing, that looks a pretty solid build.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Diol

So RAM is all sorted :)

As an alternative to the MSI Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 AMD 890FX (Socket AM3) DDR3 Motherboard, how would you say that looks?

Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

The gigabyte would probably be better but if you want something similar to your original choice, the 870A-G54 is a bit better* (and cheaper).
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-134-MS

*Apart from the lack of Lucid Hydra mixing GPUs which is in hardly any boards.

Advertisement