Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting a theatre set

Options
  • 17-10-2010 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭

Hey hooo

I'm building a set for an upcoming production and I'm making some trees for a forest/garden scene. Its all going well except I am looking for the right colour for the tree trunks. All the stores, Woodies, Homebase have, naturally, domestic pastel colours... but I need a more workable natural colour, browny green. I need enough to paint 5 trees so it would need to be a big tub.

Does anyone have any advice for this?

Ta very much....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ehewitt

you can get any colour emuslsion mixed that you like! my tip would be pick 2 tones of the same colour and work around these, using smaller pots for finishes. rosco stage paints the best, stage lighting centre has them...used to do this work...nearly 10 yrs ago!! great fun...enjoy, hope that helped a little

ps dont bother with woodies or any of those types, go to your local paint shop!

Advertisement