Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cold frames, tunnels, green houses

Options
  • 17-10-2010 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi All, I am a little lost what the differences are, beside shape, between a little green house, cold frame or tunnel and when to use what. What would be the most versatile? It is going to be for my sweet peas but would be great if I could use it for other things too. Thanks, :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

A cold frame is very versatile. You can start up lots of plants/seeds etc in it depending on the size. A tunnell is probably better but takes up more space. You can grow stuff on to a further level in them and then plant them out. A greenhouse/tunnell may need some form of heating depending on what you are planting. For sweet pea a cold frame would be fine to start them and then plant them out as soon as they are big enough.

Advertisement