Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for prices on all aspects of 2200sf house in southeast

Options
  • 17-10-2010 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

hi we were just after getting planning for a 22000 square foot house in the south east. Were looking for prices from all companies and private tradesmen in the area. Feel free to pm me and leave your contact details

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

I presume you mean 2200 sq ft as opposed to the idea that you are building a shopping centre.

Have you contacted a Quantity Surveyor about costings?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭valtra2

sorry 2200sf,no did not think i would need one have plans here nd thought i would give them out and get about 4 prices for each, would they not be able to price it off drawings

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

They would be able to price off drawings but you don't know exactly what they are pricing for. If you are planning to go with direct labour then having a Bill of Quantities at least allows you to know what the individual professionals are bidding on. As the smallest example... I have no idea how much 804 it will take to cover my driveway & construction area... it is however listed in my BOQ and now I know if my groundswork quotes are pulling a fast one when they tell me I need 400 tonne when in fact I only need 250.

I went a little backwards and got contractor quotes first and looking back at them while they all came in at approximately the same amount they were all quoting for slightly different things so there is no real way to compare them and there is at least €50k on top of what each of them tendered to make it what I actually asked for.

Getting a BOQ now will save you in the long run :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 bartooseboy

Hi Valtra,

Just wondering how the house is going? did you get a QS to do out a bill of quantities in the end?

Advertisement