Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Coming to Ennis?

• 17-10-2010 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

Any chance of this happening, my uncle has this broadband up in Swords and it's great, and the Vodafone "broadband" down here is just terrible.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

What package do you have? I have had the Ideal package (8 megs) for two years now with no problems. I had Eircom and it was one problem after the next. Vodafone is also a pleasure to deal with via the phone if you ever have to ring them sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

CptSternn wrote: »
    What package do you have? I have had the Ideal package (8 megs) for two years now with no problems. I had Eircom and it was one problem after the next. Vodafone is also a pleasure to deal with via the phone if you ever have to ring them sure.
    I have 3meg broadband, and have been capped at 20gb download and 20gb upload. Nowhere near enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 camroc84

Yea is there any way of knowing if or when they will be coming because sky are just charging way too much and eircom are geting away with murder for what they charge with a 30gb cap.

CptSternn wrote: »

We've upgraded to the 120gb a month plan thats €48, and that is okay, but I'd still prefer UPC as there is HD tv and cheaper, faster internet.

Has anyone heard anything about this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I've heard nothing at all, having said that when I see that UPC have entirely upgraded many other towns since they took over, I suspect that they will move on to the likes of Shannon and Ennis perhaps as early as next year when the Dublin upgrade works will be virtually complete. I'd be suprised if Ennis didn't have UPC broadband by 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

The day they are available in part of shannon where I am, I will be signing up. I won't hold my breath though!

Advertisement