Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parma Violets

Options
  • 17-10-2010 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

How is there even a market for these sweets!? I've never met anybody who likes them enough to buy them over another type of sweet. They taste like soap or something. Amazingly undelicious!! :eek:

20081118-uk-parmaviolets.jpg

Anybody in here like them???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Think they are normal part of those party packs, there nasty though, dont know why they dont bin them. They have been around for YEARS though, so who knows...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

They're usually the bits left behind after those party bags. I like the ones that are the same shape&in a same packet but are fruit flavoured.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Ugh, they taste like chalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

I have to say, they're one of the only sweets that I just can't get my head around it being possible that some people like them. I used to think that about turkish delight and liquorice when I was younger but I can imagine now how some people could like them...but parma violets :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I dont really like them, but I do eat them. I think its the texture, I love that crunchiness! But yeah, whoever unleashed them on the world should be banged to rights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yep, they taste like perfume or something.

I do know someone who likes them though. I got one of those retro sweet jars a few years and this person ate all the leftover parma violets :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I love them! Every Halloween I used to collect loads and loads of packets because nobody else liked them :D

it used to be one fudge bar (ew) for 4 packs of parma violets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I <3 fudge bars :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

star-pants wrote: »
    I <3 fudge bars :D
    We should arrange a swap :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

Totally agree, they always end up in the bin. I saw a large pack of them in a shop once, I don't know who the hell buys them!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

They're the first things I go for, after the pink refreshers :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

+1, love these!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Love them too! and fudge bars....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Wow I completely forgot about them - what a blast from the past! They were a staple of party bags, trick or treat bags or multi packs when I was a kid. I agree they are rank, but I probably ate them anyway. A sweet is a sweet as far as I was concerned and you took what you could get back then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭lisao80

My mother LOVES them, our local shop was stockin them recently and i reckon she was the only one buying them in there. I dont like them at all, tastes like perfume or flowers yuk!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Pittybitty

Old lady perfume flavoured chalk - gross!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

phasers wrote: »
    We should arrange a swap :D

I doubt you'd want to take a fudge-bar from star-pants :pac:

Parma violets were always weird. Flower flavoured sweets :confused:

Advertisement