Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crack in Alloy

Options
  • 17-10-2010 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

I have a set of alloys and recently I have noticed there is a crack in one of the alloys. There are no tyres on atm and the crack would not be visable with a tyre on it. The crack is less than 1 inch long and I was wondering would this be dangerous to drive with the alloy and if it was dangerous is there anyway of getting it repaired for a small fee....? Thanks for help in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

you can get it welded but it will more than likley crack again. fine if you dont pass 70 mph etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Are you sure it's the alloy itself that's cracked and not just the paint?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

Ye its the alloy itself thats cracked. Whats the chances of the alloy dismantling when driving over 70mph? Is that common Ive never heard of it happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

danwhite88 wrote: »
    Ye its the alloy itself thats cracked. Whats the chances of the alloy dismantling when driving over 70mph? Is that common Ive never heard of it happening?

I don't know why you'd take that chance.

If the alloy is worth more than your life, use it if you want with or witout a repair. If your life is the most valuable, then don't take a chance, put it in the bin.

Advertisement