Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Getting worse??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

TheDoc wrote: »
    Essentially the first guy I got on the phone lied to me saying there was no problem, the second girl was at the end of her shift so arranged a callback tomorrow and third guy manned up and took control.
    tech_support.png

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

30Mb connection here too- results:

[IMG][/img]995465147.png

and

[IMG][/img]26307497.png

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

15mb UPC Waterford City

995498300.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

speeeds still crap in dublin 9 as of 11pm last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

ye problem in swords for the last week with a constant drop in packets nearly every night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ragbak

Same here in D9.
    In the mornings it's fine, but in the afternoon and evenings I won't get download speeds over 5 mbit, upload seems to be fine at 1 mbit (have 15/1 mbit subscription).
    Also in the evenings a lot of websites time out (probably due to dropped connection).

Sent an e-mail yesterday, and although they react quite quickly, they ask questions for which the answers can be found in my first email that I sent. :confused:

Also, don't use a speedtest within Ireland, check with one on the continent since it's a better representation of what you would get if you would use e.g. youtube. UPC actually ask you to do a speedtest on www.upc.nl/speedtest, very reasonable of them.

Anyone got experience with quitting halfway a year contract due poor connection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Terrible here in Waterford as well, Speedtest results are fine but actually browsing the internet is slower than 56k with lots of time outs.

Rang them last week and they told me it was my wireless router so I replaced that and still having the same problems. Not very happy as I need my broadband for work and dealing with clients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

upc pure ****/e again tonight unable to play the xbox these last few nights it keeps freezing on me and disconnecting me

I had this ****/e with vodafone for a year the last thing i want is the same from upc i joined them because i heard great things about them but so far there just like any other isp here in ireland ****/e broadband for a rip off price

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

Yet again the speeds are sh**te tonight, wtf is going on? My phone service hasn't worked properly all evening either, this is certainly something more than problems with their dns servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

Same again here. This is beyond a joke at thus stage. Was lee
    Ft on hold for about 20 mins this eve and then got cut off. Can't believe I'm paying €55 a month for this absolutely appalling service!!! :mad:

• Advertisement

Speeds are so slow I would be better off with a 56k modem. No phone service either!

barrackali wrote: »
    Same story here in Kilbarrack, the ping is sh*te, my phone is all over the place with dropped calls etc.

That has been a recurring issue for the last couple of Sunday nights.
    Im in Kilbarrack too and connection is rotten, constant disconnection.:mad:

Im in Kilbarrack too and connection is rotten, constant disconnection.:mad:

Are you using the UPC phone service?

Are you using the UPC phone service?
    No just the broadband, have not been able to play xbox past 3 nights. Any idea what the problem is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 hotboxaerox

atrocious service in D5 near constant connection drops.

I'm using Google Dns a few days now and it hasn't improved a bit, really pissed off.

are ye guys ringing upc about this problem??

every time i ring them they say there is no problem being reported in the area. surely this cant be true if we are all on boards complaining and all living within 6 miles of each other??

are ye guys ringing upc about this problem??

every time i ring them they say there is no problem being reported in the area. surely this cant be true if we are all on boards complaining and all living within 6 miles of each other??
    I know its ridiculous. I had left Eircon for these reasons and now this:mad:

im ringing the ***** up 2moro if this persisits fecking ****e modam they give you aswell not worth a **** for wireless laptop

every isp in ireland ive being with exception being BT have being pants

how do they get away with charging us the highest prices in europe for one of the worst services

I will be ringing 2morrow for what its worth.

• Advertisement

how come you left bt???

also are they using eircom lines or have they got their own??

I'm gonna ring them tomorrow and make a complaint about the service. ill post on here when i do. could everyone else ring them as well tomorrow and see if they even acknowledge that a complaint has been made about the upc service. they have to eventually admit there is something wrong,,,

and another thing... why are the going on about 100mb broadband when they cant even get the 30mb broadband to work consistently??

mention the fact that the problem is being discussed on Boards.ie

how come you left bt???

also are they using eircom lines or have they got their own??

I'm gonna ring them tomorrow and make a complaint about the service. ill post on here when i do. could everyone else ring them as well tomorrow and see if they even acknowledge that a complaint has been made about the upc service. they have to eventually admit there is something wrong,,,

bt pulled out of the irish market and there customers were bought by vodafone

A shock to the system going from bt to them

hoping this is only a temp problem from upc

mention the fact that the problem is being discussed on Boards.ie

i did yesterday when i rang them as well and was again told that there was no problem...

then i asked him if he was sitting in front of a computer or a book reading scripted answers and he just said nothing... its beyond a joke at this stage though...

and why does the tech support place close at 10pm. they are surely making enough money off of us to have 24 hour tech support even if its just a skeleton crew.

i might ask for a tech guy to be sent out as well to test the lines, exchanges, etc just to be awkward... get a reference number for your call as well and do the whole supervisor thing as well i you are getting no joy

26383402.png

^^^^^

words not needed

luckyfrank wrote: »
    26383402.png

^^^^^

words not needed
    Thats about what i got. My ma rang earlier and they tried to sell her something else, shower of baxtards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

996966534.png

terrible tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,918 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So much for 30meg I'm only getting 20 Meg speeds at best, quality isn't great some pages load up quickly others can take 5 seconds, impacting me on MW2 as well with me lagging badly and being kicked out of games randomly
    My QOS from Irishisptest is only 27%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 bolders

Hi All

This is a f*** joke . I pay around 200 quid for tv broadband and phone service each month . And the only thing thatt actualy works is a tv ..

Past week is a joke . Phone is not working . broadband is not working.
    Making a video calls on skye is impossible

Try not paying a bill and you'll get cut off.
    Why the hell do i have to pay the full price for service that i am not getting ?

I'll ring UPC 2moro and tell them that they can stick their services up there a***

Advertisement