Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cataclysm Intro released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

What Cathedral is that he lands on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭KilOit

it's Stormwind i'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Wowza... I got goosepimples.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Pretty sure its the abandoned town in arathi highlands he lands on as he comes from wetlands before it :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

...well thats Stormwind ****ed anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Very average intro imo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's definitely Stormwind that he lands on. Thats the Valley of Heroes that you see being wrecked at the end. Amazing looking trailer, but i expect no less from Blizzard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

If it is SW they made a balls of that video location wise, he flies over the damn and into wetlands and lands on SW?

By my navigation skills he should be landing on the Stormgarde keep, but Kiith is right about the statues so whoever made the vid didnt put much effort in outside the looks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

looks like orcs putting the armour into him aswell, sure wasnt it goblins in the books?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Dcully wrote: »
    Very average intro imo
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

:eek:

Sorry i just dont see anything special about it.
    Its the usual standards nothing more not that thats a bad thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭KilOit

Wotlk trailer was better imo even though their very similar, both show a dragon breaking from the ground then sweeping the plains in an impressive fashion although Sindragosa sweeping over an undead army looked better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Dcully wrote: »
    Sorry i just dont see anything special about it.
    Its the usual standards nothing more not that thats a bad thing :)

Yeah, Im with you there. Looks great as usual but it lacks a little bit of depth that i expected after the wotlk one.

KilOit wrote: »
    Wotlk trailer was better imo even though their very similar, both show a dragon breaking from the ground then sweeping the plains in an impressive fashion although Sindragosa sweeping over an undead army looked better.

What made the wrath intro so good was the dead king Terenas letter to his son as voiceover. That was that was the touch of genius about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I enjoyed it, especially the way that Deathwing's literally leave a rain of fire behind them, but they definitely have done better trailers before. Warcraft 3 is still their finest hour with regards to cinematics, with Thrall and Grom vs. Mannorath or Arthas destroying Lorderon being the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 parmele

I like the focus on Deathwing's armor. It's a big part of his lore, and probably quite importart for us as the expansion unfolds.

P.S. What flight speed speed does he have? Looked like 1000%!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,464 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

nix wrote: »
    If it is SW they made a balls of that video location wise, he flies over the damn and into wetlands and lands on SW?

By my navigation skills he should be landing on the Stormgarde keep, but Kiith is right about the statues so whoever made the vid didnt put much effort in outside the looks :P
    You assume he flew in a straight path. Looks like he burst out of the earth from some snowy mountains north of Auberdine. Northrend? Then he flies north across the Wetlands before landing in Azeroth. Dont forget he also had to find time to raze Booty Bay and many other locations. A joyride if you will.

But my goodness for a dragon he's fairly emo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Dustaz wrote: »
    What made the wrath intro so good was the dead king Terenas letter to his son as voiceover.

Simpler story in this cinematic, I think. More of a blockbuster :D

Deathwing's here.
    He gonna fuck shit up.

...like a giant wasp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Looked amazing, once again the scripting and voice acting aren't up to scratch.

He sounded slightly less retarded than Illidan I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I was not prepared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 UberGeneration

make sure u die by deathwings fire when he leaves it behind in the week before launch of cataclysm!! u will get achievement :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

doesnt have a scratch on the original intro or tbc one really.
    I thought the wotlk one was kinda boring to. This is does not excite me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Wotlk intro was unbelieveable, I'd never got goosebumps watching a video game intro, so much so that I still listen to the song that plays in that intro, its pretty tremendous.

I enjoyed this one, I thought there was a good feel about the impending destruction, the loud clatter of armour being pierced onto him, the hollow drums, I thought it was cool.

Advertisement