Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rooney not signing a new contract?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Thread out of superthread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

COCAINE, MMMM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

oh well on current orm we might get a 5r 4 him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

wouldnt be at all surprised to see him go to city and link up with tevez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Friend! football friend! thanks friend, ah new car friend! Friend!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Yeah, sooner he's sold off the better. LUHR.
    Sad thing is, some 'fans' are probably already thinking like this.

:eek::P:eek::rolleyes::D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BrianJD

kryogen wrote: »
    Friend! football friend! thanks friend, ah new car friend! Friend!!

Hey ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Sell Him.

The transfer fee will put a minor dent in Manchester United' interest payments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Wazza turning into Gazza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

#15 wrote: »
    Wazza turning into Gazza.

Hardly. Just another victim of Fergies poor man management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Twitter is going bananas over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

LOL, the desperation in that claim.

Fergie mismanaged him into the brothel, did he? (rhetorical question, no need to answer).

#15 wrote: »
    LOL, the desperation in that claim.

Fergie mismanaged him into the brothel, did he? (rhetorical question, no need to answer).

Desperation? Huh?

That post is one of the most retarded and ignorant posts I've ever read from a "football fan" on the Soccer forum. Hang your head in shame.

Where is Jazzy and his Derp of the Day award when you need him?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Winn0r!
    2aca6.jpg

Stam, Beckham, Van Nistelrooy, Keane now Rooney.

Jazzy wrote: »
    Winn0r!
    2aca6.jpg

:pac:

Excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

This story appears to have legs. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Gerrard, Carragher, Diouf, Pennant, now Cissé.

Wispa, Yowie, Spira, Fuse now Wispa Gold.

Right...... Anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭furiousox

His current contract expires in June 2012, I wouldn't be panicking just yet.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Dont get the relevance TBH....

Anyway.....is this really true? Dont see it happening TBH...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Le King wrote: »
    That post is one of the most retarded and ignorant posts I've ever read from a "football fan" on the Soccer forum. Hang your head in shame.

Where is Jazzy and his Derp of the Day award when you need him?

I'm fairly sure he was sarcastic...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

evad_lhorg wrote: »

I don't think the actual author is too reliable though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Some major presumptions but anyway...

The lad has ****ed up on the family front not once but twice, I'd imagine Fergie roasted him over it and he's not one bit happy but I think Fergie is pretty justified to go through him for a shortcut in private.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

thats what happens when you go banging whores...

boys,... dont do it.. :P:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

He may have done a Stam...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

he's gong to liverpool

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Tevez?

Cryuff, Poborsky, Taibi, Veron and now.... cheese?

• Advertisement

there should be a united book

f00ked out by SAF

Stam
    Keane
    Becks
    Tevez... :)
    Rooney
    \Ince..

would be quite a good read tbh

Ah but your missing some and including others who shouldnt be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

f00ked out by SAF

Stam
    Keane
    Becks
    Rooney
    \Ince..

Better reads are the books showing his dominance over the premiership era :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

The special one is probably creaming his jocks looking at this.

....and so the man utd annual sale to real madrid gets going. I wonder who it will be next year if they have anyone left to sell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

How would you manage a long time under performing big earner who has a penchant for doing the dirt on his misses with prozzies of all ages?

You may also explain how you would deal with said prozzie lovers outburst to the media about you being dishonest in telling stories about phantom injuries he has when really all you were doing was just trying to protect him in the first place.

Fizman wrote: »
    How would you manage a long time under performing big earner who has a penchant for doing the dirt on his misses with prozzies of all ages?

You may also explain how you would deal with said prozzie lovers outburst to the media about you being dishonest in telling stories about phantom injuries he has when really all you were doing was just trying to protect him in the first place.

should av stayed at Everton, poor (durty) fellow..:D

he has been an idiot thou, so id say Moyes would have him cleared out long ago, as Moyes doesnt take $hit from anyone either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I love how an article from the 'credible' Guardian without any quotes from anyone, not even 'a source close to Rooney' got all the ABUs out from under the bridge...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I hope we put in a cheeky bid to sh*t stir but don't sign him.

Poor man's Tevez ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Liam O wrote: »
    I love how an article from the 'credible' Guardian without any quotes from anyone, not even 'a source close to Rooney' got all the ABUs out from under the bridge...

I would be of the opinon that given the Guardian is a credible source it says a lot that they have published the story. Both Daniel Taylor and Richard Williams have written on it already and I highly doubt they would without be solidly IDK.

Who did expect quotes from at this stage?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Liam O wrote: »

No smoke without a fire. Can you honestly say that everything that has gone on with Wazza that things are perfectly fine with himself and Fergie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

You're using Keano as an example of Fergie's poor man management? The guy who later apologised to Fergie for his behaviour when at Sunderland?
    'Yes, I've apologized. I spoke to Sir Alex. He wished me good luck and said I'd need it. I always enjoyed the way he backed the players, defended them and looked after them. Maybe I crossed that white line towards the end at United and was punished for it. Sometimes I was looking at the bigger picture when I really shouldn't have been. I was fortunate to play for him and I'm sure I can pick up the phone any time and he will lend me a few players'.

Van Nistelrooy later acknowledged both were to blame for their split. Beckham became a major brand which was always going to cause a split at some point, and yet he holds no bitterness towards Fergie. The Stam sale was regrettable but Stam did himself no favours and could have shown more tactfulness at the time. As for Rooney, anyone who says Fergie has handled him poorly is either stirring it up or has been living under a rock for some time. The chap has in the past year made decisions that jeopardised his marriage and family, he managed to get his own country on his back ('nice to see your own fans booing you...'), before the start of the year he was seen partying hard, and he's since put the manager in an awkward position in the public eye. Fergie has always leapt to the defence of Rooney in his moments of stupidity over the years but he's really been ramping up the idiocy the last while.

I'm a Rooney fan but I'm more loyal to Fergie as most United fans are. The club is bigger and better than Wayne. If he wants out we'll deal with his absence. I think he will be making a big mistake though.

f00ked out by SAF

Stam
    Keane
    Becks
    Rooney
    \Ince..

Don't forget to mention what they won since they left. That would really make it a good read, particularly when we compare it to what Fergie has won in their absence. (Of course, unlike Fergie, Tevez won SFA last year and was on the losing side more times in the matches vs United - always nice to read that).

Time will tell what the story is. Perhaps it's a ploy for a better deal, in which case it could backfire on Wayne. If he wants out, offering him to Jose for cash plus Benzema could be a decent solution.

You're using Keano as an example of Fergie's poor man management? The guy who later apologised to Fergie for his behaviour when at Sunderland?

Van Nistelrooy later acknowledged both were to blame for their split. Beckham became a major brand which was always going to cause a split at some point, and yet he holds no bitterness towards Fergie. The Stam sale was regrettable but Stam did himself no favours and could have shown more tactfulness at the time. As for Rooney, anyone who says Fergie has handled him poorly is either stirring it up or has been living under a rock for some time. The chap has in the past year made decisions that jeopardised his marriage and family, he managed to get his own country on his back ('nice to see your own fans booing you...'), before the start of the year he was seen partying hard, and he's since put the manager in an awkward position in the public eye. Fergie has always leapt to the defence of Rooney in his moments of stupidity over the years but he's really been ramping up the idiocy the last while.

I'm a Rooney fan but I'm more loyal to Fergie as most United fans are. The club is bigger and better than Wayne. If he wants out we'll deal with his absence. I think he will be making a big mistake though.

Don't forget to mention what they won since they left. That would really make it a good read, particularly when we compare it to what Fergie has won in their absence. (Of course, unlike Fergie, Tevez won SFA last year and was on the losing side more times in the matches vs United - always nice to read that).

Time will tell what the story is. Perhaps it's a ploy for a better deal, in which case it could backfire on Wayne. If he wants out, offering him to Jose for cash plus Benzema could be a decent solution.

can i have what you are on sir?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I think United would be wise to cash in on him now if they can find a new AMF and Striker in January. I think as a player he won't perform as well as he did last season again. He has always stuggled with consitency and I think as he gets older he may have to reduce his work rate which is his most impressive trait as a player. I used to really enjoy watching him because he was sort of an "everyman" character but I haven't seen him perform well since Bayern game in the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

can i have what you are on sir?

:confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement