Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rooney not signing a new contract?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Samba wrote: »
    I will streak at Ireland's next game in the Aviva stadium if Rooney goes to City.

It's not just United he wants out of, it's England. I would say his marriage is over at this point too. That or she is pushing for a fresh start in a new country, and what a fool she is if that's the case, new country new scandal is about all she will get out of a move to Spain.

Can't help but wonder if he's spoken to Roy Keane lately... you're ****ed the moment you start taking personal advice from him imo.

Colleen's sister is seriously ill and she doesn't want to move away from her.

*so the tabloids say. Although the sister, Rosie, is really ill.*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Ush1 wrote: »
    But last season City did go up and United did go down?

Are talking in terms of stature and finishes in the league?

united lost the championship by one point.

They didnt score against blackburn, in the week they got dumped out of the champions league with a last gasp fantastic turnaround by bayern munich.

Not being smart but when City can say how they missed out on the title by one point, by literally drawing a game in the week united had, then I will accept a comment like that.

Fair is fair, granted united and city fans banter is going to be fierce over the coming weeks/months with rooney potentially making the move, lets be realistic in whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

People seem to automatically assume this is about money. Maybe he wants to move for footballing reasons? If he wants to play alongside the likes of Xavi, Messi, Villa and Iniesta who he has labelled the best player in the world, can anybody really blame him? He's given enough to United.

For what it's worth, and take this with a pinch of salt - I was told by a scouser a while back that Rooney told his cousins he wanted to play in Spain. I thought this guy was just full of shít, but now that i hear Rooney told Fergie he wanted to leave as far back as August i'm thinking this guy might've known something. Again though, pinch of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

TheDoc wrote: »

City's league position improved last year, United's went down.

Sure it's only a one season sample but our squad is now significantly better than last year while United, and others, are getting weaker.

I'd nearly be tempted for a few quid on us to go top 2 with the way things a panning out at the mo (though I'll see how the Arsenal game goes first).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Xavi6 wrote: »

Sure it's only a one season sample but our squad is now significantly better than last year while United, and others, are getting weaker.

I'd nearly be tempted for a few quid on us to go top 2 with the way things a panning out at the mo (though I'l see how the Arsenal game goes first).

easiest grand I'll make, I'll take that bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

united lost the championship by one point.

They didnt score against blackburn, in the week they got dumped out of the champions league with a last gasp fantastic turnaround by bayern munich.

Not being smart but when City can say how they missed out on the title by one point, by literally drawing a game in the week united had, then I will accept a comment like that.

Fair is fair, granted united and city fans banter is going to be fierce over the coming weeks/months with rooney potentially making the move, lets be realistic in whats going on.

Umm, both I suppose. City are signing quite a few big name players raising the stature of the club, United seem to be losing theirs.

Citys position improved last year, United failed to retain the title. So what he said was accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Umm, both I suppose. City are signing quite a few big name players raising the stature of the club, United seem to be losing theirs.

Citys position improved last year, United failed to retain the title. So what he said was accurate.
    Is this what the thread has come to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Some bookies have pushed out Utd. to 6-1 for the PL and even have City as second favourites.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I'd nearly be tempted for a few quid on us to go top 2 with the way things a panning out at the mo (though I'll see how the Arsenal game goes first).

Well thats what a couple of hundred million and nabbing clubs top players will do for you. But be sure, and this will happen sooner or later when UEFA imposes restrictions on your wage bill or the Skeekh decides he no longer wants the club that the bubble will burst on City and they will also be plunged into a mass exit of all their top players and will once again struggle to survive in the premiership, the bubble always bursts. Look at what happened to the housing market here..it can't go on forever.

ntlbell wrote: »
    easiest grand I'll make, I'll take that bet.

What odds are you offering? And I said a few quid, not a fortune. I know better than that with City.

• Advertisement

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    People seem to automatically assume this is about money. Maybe he wants to move for footballing reasons? If he wants to play alongside the likes of Xavi, Messi, Villa and Iniesta who he has labelled the best player in the world, can anybody really blame him? He's given enough to United.

I wouldnt have much quabbles with that what so ever. That or Rela madrid, thats understandable. To stand out on a field beside the best players i nthe world would be enough.

for me though the only attraction city has is the "promise" and "potential" of silverware, and a massive **** off pay packet.

If I was interested in only footballing matters and my fotballing career and furthering myself as a player and maybe making a bit of history, City wouldnt be on a list of 5 clubs for me to look at.

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Well thats what a couple of hundred million and nabbing clubs top players will do for you. But be sure, and this will happen sooner or later when UEFA imposes restrictions on your wage bill or the Skeekh decides he no longer wants the club that the bubble will burst on City and they will also be plunged into a mass exit of all their top players and will once again struggle to survive in the premiership, the bubble always bursts. Look at what happened to the housing market here..it can't go on forever.

Of course the bubble will burst, we all know that. It's what happens between now and then that's important. Win a few trophies, become a force in the Champions League and we'll be fine imo. If not, well then...

The point is we are currently on the ascendency despite the opposite being wished and predicted right, left and centre. United are going the opposite way to us both on and off the pitch.

It's not so outlandish to state the obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

syngindub wrote: »
    Is this what the thread has come to?

Yeah. United missed out on the title by 1 pt. City missed out on their target of a CL spot by 3 pts. United won a trophy that required them to beat City on the way, City sacked their manager and went another season without winning anything. Obviously City had the better season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If I was interested in only footballing matters and my fotballing career and furthering myself as a player and maybe making a bit of history, City wouldnt be on a list of 5 clubs for me to look at.

City have the potential to win their first silverware in many years. They also have the potential to dominate English football if they progress in the right way. Being part of that History whilst not as glamorous as other clubs could be more rewarding, and long lasting.

What odds are you offering? And I said a few quid, not a fortune. I know better than that with City.

you won't get as much satisfaction taken it from paddy as you will me and vice versa.

I'm not doing girly bets tho.

My grand says city won't be in the top 2 pm me if you're interested!

I can see how the statement has some truth but it sounds very very short sighted.

For all anyone knows this might galvanise the united team. Obviously the compounding talk from pundits and fans will be " united are in trouble" and all this crisis talk.

If I was a player in red I'd like to show just how much this club is more then anyone player.

Basically do the exact opposite of the liverpool players in recent seasons.

If I was Dimitar Berbatov, Michael owen, chiko or hernandez I would be fired up, and in some cases I'd be asking the manager

"I assume he isnt playing for us again and I can show you what I'm worth"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

you won't get as much satisfaction taken it from paddy as you will me and vice versa.

Why are you being mister big balls with that ****ty bet, you could just go to your bookies and cover the bet if he did accept it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Yeah. United missed out on the title by 1 pt. City missed out on their target of a CL spot by 3 pts. United won a trophy that required them to beat City on the way, City sacked their manager and went another season without winning anything. Obviously City had the better season...

That wasn't the arguement at all, the question was which club is in the ascension, which the descension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Don't expect the press conference at 2pm to reveal anything of value. I'm sure Ferguson will say things along the lines of 'concentrating on the next game', etc. Just because he has to talk to the press, doesn't mean he'll give them what they want.

Lol

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why are you being mister big balls with that ****ty bet, you could just go to your bookies and cover the bet if he did accept it

You've obviously never seen my big sack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Just checked the odds there for a Top 2 finish.

Utd are slight favs at 11-10 whereas City are 13-10. Regardless the shift is enormous.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-2-finish

Obviously you had a better year but in terms of progression we had a better season.

Sorry, all I got is girly money. Very tempted though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

You've obviously never seen my big sack?

i actually have i like to peek over mens cubicles in my spare time

You have untill may to save up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

This may have been already said but There is no way Man Utd or Alex Ferguson would admit that Rooney wants to leave unless either the club, Fergie or Both wanted him to leave also.

They would attempt to keep it under wraps for as long as possible if they wanted him to stay in an attempt to buy time to persuede him to.

Fergie came out today teary eyed and down heartened after Big Bold Wayne came out and said he wants to leave after all the club has done for him, after he said he wants a new contract for life.
    Dont buy into it one bit.

whycliff wrote: »
    This may have been already said but There is no way Man Utd or Alex Ferguson would admit that Rooney wants to leave unless either the club, Fergie or Both wanted him to leave also.

They would attempt to keep it under wraps for as long as possible if they wanted him to stay in an attempt to buy time to persuede him to.

Fergie came out today teary eyed and down heartened after Big Bold Wayne came out and said he wants to leave after all the club has done for him, after he said he wants a new contract for life.
    Dont buy into it one bit.

wayne and all the rumours forced fergie's hand tbh why didn't he come out in auguest if that was the case?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,528 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Beckham is different. He and his wife both actively court and encourage the tabloid media.

So Wayne and Colleen Rooney aren't at all guilty of courting the tabloid media?
    Bloody hell, am I in a parralel universe or soemthing?

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

hes had all his little problems cleaned up by utd, had his hand held, won trophies with the club and pushed to football mega stardom and this is how he repays them and the fans?
    true colours etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,528 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Jazzy wrote: »
    hes had all his little problems cleaned up by utd, had his hand held, won trophies with the club and pushed to football mega stardom and this is how he repays them and the fans?
    true colours etc.

Complete lack of decency never mind class.
    I think a lot of us got the measure of Wayne Rooney completely wrong after he's dragged the club's reputation through the dirt.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Jazzy wrote: »
    true colours etc.

What problems did they clean up for him?

He was well on his way to mega stardom before he even signed to United. I don't really think he owes United anything. They paid his wages, he was part of some of their most succesful teams ever. Fair deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Obviously you had a better year but in terms of progression we had a better season.

Xavi, I am a United fan, and even I see that you would be mad to turn down that bet. I reckon ye will beat most if not all the big teams at home this year and I see City finishing second. IMO I reckon ye will win the league by 2014, although I do think a new manager is needed to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

He can go the the bookies and get 6/4 so not a good bet.

He can go the the bookies and get 6/4 so not a good bet.

but the bookie wont break down crying and go into a deep depression and not post on boards for month's

you can't put a price on breaking a utd fan's heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,423 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Bodhisopha wrote: »

To be honest Rooney isnt fit to lace the boots of any of those players even when he was at his peak 8 months ago.
    That quartet can do things Rooney can only dream of .
    He is an overated player ,simply because he is English and almost all English players are overated.
    His first touch isnt good enough and he isnt prolific a striker to get into either the Barca or Real team.

I suspect that Rooney wanting out of United ,is in effect him wanting out of England and a bid to escape the gutter tabloids.It seems like an act of desperation from a confused man.

Real or Barca may buy him if they can get him cheaply ,give him a season and them sell him on at a profit and bank the money from shirt sales and merchandise.
    I dont think he is suited to either club long term.

Its a sad day for Utd ,the decline on the pitch over the last 2-3 years and the change in Uniteds style is reaching a breaking point.
    They are no longer the flamboyant ,attacking side they used to be ,whose ethos was to score more than the opponent.
    They have become more and more negative over the last few years and relied on individuals ,primarily Ronaldo ,to create a moment of brilliance to eek out a win.
    The days of turning weak teams over 6 and 7 nil are gone ,its been a struggle for them to even score against some teams,teams in previous years Utd would have destroyed.

Looking at the current setup I dont see any quality in the midfield ,there is no player there with the killer touch ,vision or intelligence.
    The spine of the team is looking weak and if Rooney goes it will be another weakening of that spine.
    Ferguson has bought poorly ,especially in central midfield where the last decent acquisition was Roy Keane,since then he has bought sub standard players, Djemba Djemba,Kleberson,Veron,Andersen,Gibson,Miller,Carrick and Hargreaves (a crock) .

It pains me to say it but Utd dont play attractive football anymore and havent done so for the last few seasons ,bar in spurts.
    The high tempo attacking game has become replaced with a pedestrian ,grind.

Perhaps Rooney has realised that Utd are in terminal decline and is getting out early ,but I dont think he is that intelligent .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Wes or Owen?

article13218940bad9de80.jpg

Today's training.

article13218940bad9df00.jpg

• Advertisement

wasn't bloody carrick anyway lazy feck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

He is an overated player ,simply because he is English

Biggest load of sh1te i've read all day, the chap is a quality player it's funny how bad form seems to change people's memories. It's the same with Torres at the world cup and at the moment, people giving it the large about how he's overrated. Form is temporary yada yada yada...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Beckham is different. He and his wife both actively court and encourage the tabloid media.

Yeah, and that's not the case with the Rooneys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

To be honest Rooney isnt fit to lace the boots of any of those players even when he was at his peak 8 months ago.
    He is an overated player ,simply because he is English and almost all English players are overated.
    His first touch isnt good enough and he isnt prolific a striker to get into either the Barca or Real team.

I suspect that Rooney wanting out of United ,is in effect him wanting out of England and a bid to escape the gutter tabloids.It seems like an act of desperation from a confused man.

Real or Barca may buy him if they can get him cheaply ,give him a season and them sell him on at a profit and bank the money from shirt sales and merchandise.

Its a sad day for Utd ,the decline on the pitch over the last 2-3 years and the change in Uniteds style is reaching a breaking point.
    They are no longer the flamboyant ,attacking side they used to be ,whose ethos was to score more than the opponent.
    They have become more and more negative over the last few years and relied on individuals ,primarily Ronaldo ,to create a moment of brilliance to eek out a win.
    The days of turning weak teams over 6 and 7 nil are gone ,its been a struggle for them to even score against some teams,teams in previous years Utd would have destroyed.

Looking at the current setup I dont see any quality in the midfield ,there is no player there with the killer touch ,vision or intelligence.
    The spine of the team is looking weak and if Rooney goes it will be another weakening of that spine.
    Ferguson has bought poorly ,especially in central midfield where the last decent acquisition was Roy Keane,since then he has bought sub standard players, Djemba Djemba,Kleberson,Veron,Andersen,Gibson,Miller,Carrick and Hargreaves (a crock) .

It pains me to say it but Utd dont play attractive football anymore and havent done so for the last few seasons ,bar in spurts.

Perhaps Rooney has realised that Utd are in terminal decline and is getting out early ,but I dont think he is that intelligent .
    this is the biggest load of rubbish I've read today, and I've read a lot. Rooney was the 3rd best player in Europe last season, to say he's not prolific enough is a joke. You clearly don't watch much of United if you manage to come out with silly comments like the bit in bold. Paul Scholes ring any bells? United have had no problems scoring this season either so I don't see where you're getting that from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Biggest load of sh1te i've read all day, the chap is a quality player it's funny how bad form seems to change people's memories. It's the same with Torres at the world cup and at the moment, people giving it the large about how he's overrated. Form is temporary yada yada yada...

Good post.

Even worse when it's Utd or Liverpool fans trotting out that nonsense about Rooney or Torres (respectively), given that they watch them on a regular basis. It's mind-boggling that any long time followers of football cannot see the talent those guys have.

There is a strong anti-PL bias from some people on these boards, and an unjustified exaltation of Barca/Real. There is an eagerness to constantly proclaim the PL's best as overhyped, overrated, etc.

It's probably a reaction to Sky's hype machine - but the anti-hype crowd have become so entrenched in their views that they fail to recognise genuine talent in the PL.

I can only laugh every time I hear the same nonsense being wheeled out - Rooney isn't good enough for Barca, Torres does nothing for 89 minutes and then pops up with a goal, Gerrard can't influence a game, headless chickens, PL is all hype, Rio is a poor defender, etfúckincetera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

What a load of utter shíte. His first touch isn't good enough? If you really believe that then you actually haven't been watching him play. The only way you could come to this type of conclusion is by basing your opinion on the WC performances and making some crazy assumptions about how he's played during the rest of his career.

Let me make this clear: Rooney's technique is top quality.

Just because he has a phenomenal work rate people assume that he's not technically gifted. Anybody who makes this assumption is showing themselves to be a woeful judge of footballing ability.

On the point of him not being prolific enough: Up until last season this could have been argued. Although there was a very good case for the rest of his game making up for his slight lack of goals. Since last season when he learned how to head the ball, his goal return has become as good as anyone could want.

Current form aside, Rooney is a near perfect centre forward. About the only thing that his game lacks is outright pace, and even that's not much of a problem for him.

United's style only changed in Europe and in some bigger PL games. The rest of the time the approach of not settling for draws has stayed the exact same. Also, since Ronaldo left, the negativity has actually gone and we're back to playing a much more balanced style in the CL and big PL games.

The only problem, in footballing terms, has been a lack of quality central midfielders which has been hurting us. And you are right about Fergie failing to buy the necessary improvements there. But up until the Rooney cluster fúck of recent months, every other aspect of the squad has been very good. The best defence in the world, considering strength and depth; decent wingers and a top class attack.

There might well be a world of shít in line for United if the Glazers plan on keeping the purse strings tight, but people assuming that the squad is already useless are jumping the gun.

Just read through the last 20 pages. Some great posts btw.

But let's just say it was quite easy to pick out the proper Utd fans from the plastics

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

#15 wrote: »
    Good post.

Even worse when it's Utd or Liverpool fans trotting out that nonsense about Rooney or Torres (respectively), given that they watch them on a regular basis. It's mind-boggling that any long time followers of football cannot see the talent those guys have.

There is a strong anti-PL bias from some people on these boards, and an unjustified exaltation of Barca/Real. There is an eagerness to constantly proclaim the PL's best as overhyped, overrated, etc.

It's probably a reaction to Sky's hype machine - but the anti-hype crowd have become so entrenched in their views that they fail to recognise genuine talent in the PL.

I can only laugh every time I hear the same nonsense being wheeled out - Rooney isn't good enough for Barca, Torres does nothing for 89 minutes and then pops up with a goal, Gerrard can't influence a game, headless chickens, PL is all hype, Rio is a poor defender, etfúckincetera.

I remember before Beckham went to Spain people in this part of the world used to say he was overrated and that his crossing ability was what was expected as the norm in la liga. Then he goes to Madrid and becomes a hero there and everybody in Spain is full of praise for his ability.

It's easy to say so-and-so isn't as good as what they have in such-and-such league. So people who haven't got the honesty or ability to properly judge players will always be at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Maybe that won't be an issue by the time his contract is up

This is bad form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I can see Rooney getting quite a few red cards and suspensions if he does move to Spain or Italy. English referees are lenient on him because they know what he's like. But mainland European refs take no shít, especially if Rooney goes flying in like he's prone to doing. But, he wouldn't need the extra intensity in his game because of the reliance on technique rather than speed and determination - but that could set him above the rest, putting pressure on players who aren't used to that kind of thing etc.
    I think he'd terrorise lower-mid table Spanish defences, tbh, he'd be too direct for them, imo.

I really hope he goes abroad, because it'd be seriously painful to see him win the PL with Chelsea, City or Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Amazing how rooneys said he no longer wants to play at old trafford he's suddenly not that great a player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Mister men wrote: »
    Amazing how rooneys said he no longer wants to play at old trafford he's suddenly not that great a player

That in reference to my post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Mister men wrote: »

Yeah, but it's mostly non-Utd fans saying that isn't it? What's your point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,423 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Its also funny how a brief spell of good form can change peoples opinions too.
    So you are not agreeing with me that Rooney is overated ?
    The talk of him being the next Pele,being the best player in the world ,a prolific striker,the comparisons with Messi etc etc.
    What a load of utter shíte. His first touch isn't good enough? If you really believe that then you actually haven't been watching him play. The only way you could come to this type of conclusion is by basing your opinion on the WC performances and making some crazy assumptions about how he's played during the rest of his career.
    I have been watching him play week in week out for the last 6 years and I have always thought his first touch was his weakest attribute.
    His touch is poor for a player supposedly in the top 3 in Europe.
    He has 2 good feet,is strong on the ball ,reads the ball very well and is a good passer.
    He doenst have much pace though and is a poor dribbler.
    Current form aside, Rooney is a near perfect centre forward. About the only thing that his game lacks is outright pace, and even that's not much of a problem for him.
    He is far from a perfect centre forward and his international and club scoring record would prove that.
    If he is marked tightly by a fast centre back ,he will most likely get frustrated and lash out .
    Rooney isnt a player who can create space for himself in a match ,he doesnt have the pace or trickery to do that.
    You clearly don't watch much of United if you manage to come out with silly comments like the bit in bold. Paul Scholes ring any bells?
    Paul Scholes is 35 years of age ,has only a few more miles left on the clock and is only half the player he used to be.
    He was a great player and servant to the club but his days are numbered.
    Who will fill his boots ?
    United's style only changed in Europe and in some bigger PL games. The rest of the time the approach of not settling for draws has stayed the exact same. Also, since Ronaldo left, the negativity has actually gone and we're back to playing a much more balanced style in the CL and big PL games.
    I cant agree with that ,Utd have become very negative in away CL matches,Valencia this season ,Bayern last season (bar the opening 15 mins) ,they resemble Liverpool under Benitez in away matches.
    I remember before Beckham went to Spain people in this part of the world used to say he was overrated and that his crossing ability was what was expected as the norm in la liga. Then he goes to Madrid and becomes a hero there and everybody in Spain is full of praise for his ability.
    It's easy to say so-and-so isn't as good as what they have in such-and-such league. So people who haven't got the honesty or ability to properly judge players will always be at it.

On the flip side there are alot of Utd fanboys on here and EPL lovers on here who cant see a footballing world past Dover .
    They base their opinions of foreign teams and players most likely on a few Champions league viewings per season.
    There is a football world outside the circus that the Sun,Sky Sports News and the British and Irish media peddle every day.

Rooney is overated but perhaps then again so are 90% of footballers .
    Anyway enough talk ,I must watch some ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Rob113 wrote: »
    This is bad form.

The poster already said he was on about the Rooney's getting a divorce.
    Why bring it up again?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement