Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rooney not signing a new contract?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

What I don't get us if Rooney said he wanted out it August why we didn't sell him then, while the window was still open? His value is going to fall greatly by Christmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

On the flip side there are alot of Utd fanboys on here and EPL lovers on here who cant see a footballing world past Dover .
    They base their opinions of foreign teams and players most likely on a few Champions league viewings per season.
    There is a football world outside the circus that the Sun,Sky Sports News and the British and Irish media peddle every day.

That's certainly true, but it doesn't make the anti-PL rubbish any more credible either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Mister men wrote: »
    Amazing how rooneys said he no longer wants to play at old trafford he's suddenly not that great a player
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Amazing how many people have said this despite the distinct lack of United fans saying he's not that good in the thread. I guess some things are worth the few brownie points and thanks even if they're not even true.

On Rooney, this kinda stuff is just another nail in the coffin of soccer for me. If he wants out, leave him off, better men than him have left and the club survived.

I think it was MNG who said it best - you'd be hard pushed to find a hero you'd be glad to see your kids idolise these days.

Thank God for GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Cant understand for the life of me what Rooney's story is. Some cheek if you ask me. After all he's been up two lately. Thought Fergie played a very clever game with his emotional press conference today. Be interesting to see how Rooney responds & what happens now. Could see him at Chelsea. Be interesting to hear the whole story though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

flahavaj wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Amazing how many people have said this despite the distinct lack of United fans saying he's not that good in the thread. I guess some things are worth the few brownie points and thanks even if they're not even true.

On Rooney, this kinda stuff is just another nail in the coffin of soccer for me. If he wants out, leave him off, better men than him have left and the club survived.

I think it was MNG who said it best - you'd be hard pushed to find a hero you'd be glad to see your kids idolise these days.

Thank God for GAA.

And Pepe Reina.

Oh and on a side note, WP Fergie today. Played a blinder IMO.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    And Pepe Reina.

Wouldn't hurl county tbf. He's no Xabi Alonso.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

utd with no money to buy players and possibly now no rooney , the decline is setting in , rooney can see it and thats why he wants out. Utd always have Gibson and O'Shea :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Oh and on a side note, WP Fergie today. Played a blinder IMO.

It is amazing that Rooney has not even given Fergie a reason. I think Fergie was great today. He all but challenged Rooney to call a press conference. Doubt Rooney will bite though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Mr Alan wrote: »
    And Pepe Reina.

Heard a nice story about him there the other week.
    A friend of me Ma was over at the Liverpool v Arsenal game there this season and they went to Carragher's restaurant and Reina was in a private room with friends having dinner or something and he noticed walked by their table to get someone or something and he stopped, without them even asking, to have a chat about the game and he gave autographs and took pictures etc.
    Very nice gesture I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

One thought struck me in the darkness on the way home, if this bombshell was dropped in August how come it only known about now? Did some hack get lucky or was it leaked by Camp Rooney, if it was why now? In October isn't obvious good timing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Mister men wrote: »
    Amazing how rooneys said he no longer wants to play at old trafford he's suddenly not that great a player

Who exactly said that though ? United fans ?

Infact i would say quite the opposite is happening.Many said he wasn't world class or quality until 2pm today but now have changed their tunes, i wonder why ??? :rolleyes:

He is a quality player who will be missed until he is replaced 'though i doubt we will find that type of player easily :(' just like all players at all clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Whatever about Rooney leaving or not, it was embarassing to hear Ferguson grovel on tv.

Also, who else chortled when he said he gave Rooney 10 days off so that he'd be able to play for England?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Wouldn't hurl county tbf. He's no Xabi Alonso.

Xavi Alonso had one great season at L'pool, he is hardly world class. He is a passenger at Real and will probably be sold in the summer.

killwill wrote: »
    It is amazing that Rooney has not even given Fergie a reason. I think Fergie was great today. He all but challenged Rooney to call a press conference. Doubt Rooney will bite though.

It was a real "balls in your court" message to Rooney I thought. He came across as very decent I thought and painted the club in a very good light.

• Advertisement

Vanbis wrote: »
    Xavi Alonso had one great season at L'pool, he is hardly world class. He is a passenger at Real and will probably be sold in the summer.

I was referring to his reputed GAA expertise.

He is also very much world class and far from a passenger at Real.

Holy ****.

Good post.

mike65 wrote: »
    One thought struck me in the darkness on the way home, if this bombshell was dropped in August how come it only known about now? Did some hack get lucky or was it leaked by Camp Rooney, if it was why now? In October isn't obvious good timing.

Rooney's camp leaked it deliberately on Sunday night. Associated Press journalists were on twitter with the news, although the Mirror broke the news that morning.

The timing is strange. Doesn't make any sense.

Whatever about Rooney leaving or not, it was embarassing to hear Ferguson grovel on tv.

Also, who else chortled when he said he gave Rooney 10 days off so that he'd be able to play for England?

Grovel? Really? Mind games me thinks!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Xavi Alonso

Xavi Alonso, what has Jose been up to...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

He was world class before he signed for Liverpool, actually this post is so shocking i am hoping there is hidden white text i didn't highlight.. :o

Grovel? Really? Mind games me thinks!!!!
    Grovelling!
    He almost had to stifle a tear.
    He knows that if Rooney leaves that it's all over for himself.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Heard a nice story about him there the other week.
    A friend of me Ma was over at the Liverpool v Arsenal game there this season and they went to Carragher's restaurant and Reina was in a private room with friends having dinner or something and he noticed walked by their table to get someone or something and he stopped, without them even asking, to have a chat about the game and he gave autographs and took pictures etc.
    Very nice gesture I thought.

Eveything I've ever heard about him seems to point to him being a legend of the highest order.

Bizarre interpretation of the interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

any one think that NESV might throw all their eggs in one basket and make rooney their marque signing in Jan , Rooney would really hack old fergie off then.

#15 wrote: »
    Objective interpretation of the interview.
    Fixed it for you.

Fixed it for you.

Moronic is a more suitable word than objective

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

BERBA wrote: »
    any one think that NESV might throw all their eggs in one basket and make rooney their marque signing in Jan , Rooney would really hack old fergie off then.

Whilst hacking off United and already very hacked off Everton fans, oh and hacking off most of his friends an family while he's at it.
    Yeah, that'd be a really good choice in the head of Wayne Rooney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

mike65 wrote: »

Rooney camp leaked that for one reason only. Fergie wants to keep him until the summer and Rooney wants to move in January. He forced their hand when we said his ankle was fine and he wasn't injured. The fans will turn on him now and he will get his move to Man City, tapped no doubt about it but i also think the lack of investment during the summer has had some affect on him wanting to leave.

Fixed it for you.

That made it worse.

• Advertisement

tapped no doubt about it .
    \what goes around comes around.

Grovelling!
    He almost had to stifle a tear.
    He knows that if Rooney leaves that it's all over for himself.

Must have missed that. Have to take your word for it!!! You do know there was life before Rooney and there will be again.
    It is just back to the drawing board again. One man doesn't make a team and whilst he was our best player, Man United and Sir Alex Ferguson will move on.
    Time for the next generation to prove their worth. It might not happen overnight but it will happen.

BERBA wrote: »

That would possibly the biggest transfer in English history. We seen what happened when Fergie wouldn't let Heinze go there. Who am I to say it'll never happen? If we've learned one thing in the past few days it's that anythin can happen in football. This time last week we were chewing the fat over high courts etc. this week Rooney wants away from United! Roll on next week!

It was a real "balls in your court" message to Rooney I thought. He came across as very decent I thought and painted the club in a very good light.

I loved when he said, "I just told him, respect this club". Fantastic.

Just seen the FIFA 11 ad there, Im sure EA are interested in this story!

Must have missed that. Have to take your word for it!!! You do know there was life before Rooney and there will be again.
    It is just back to the drawing board again. One man doesn't make a team and whilst he was our best player, Man United and Sir Alex Ferguson will move on.
    Time for the next generation to prove their worth. It might not happen overnight but it will happen.
    There was money before Rooney.
    If Rooeney leaves, that will be both of the major factors in their recent success gone and no money to replace them. Add to that the end of Scholes and Giggs and that leaves you with a team that will struggle to make the top 4.
    No youth development since the original top team. Things not looking good.

I loved when he said, "I just told him, respect this club". Fantastic.
    Playing to the gallery.
    The truth is that the ball was always in Rooney's court and he has already decided that that court isn't Old Trafford.

There was money before Rooney.
    If Rooeney leaves, that will be both of the major factors in their recent success gone and no money to replace them. Add to that the end of Scholes and Giggs and that leaves you with a team that will struggle to make the top 4.
    No youth development since the original top team. Things not looking good.

What? No youth development? I am talking to a brick wall, a clueless brick wall. I'm off to walk the dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

baz2009 wrote: »
    I really hope he goes abroad, because it'd be seriously painful to see him win the PL with Chelsea, City or Arsenal.
    Surely he'll stay in England? The wife will hardly want to move and he has a 6 mth old son. Plus, he'd have to learn Spanish or Italian - the man can barely speak English as it is!

City and Chelsea have to be favourites to sign him.
    Chelsea's bid for Tevez fell through in the summer, so they are obviously looking to find Drogba's successor.
    City will obviously offer more money, but Fergie surely won't let that one go through?

• Advertisement

Playing to the gallery.
    The truth is that the ball was always in Rooney's court and he has already decided that that court isn't Old Trafford.

No I would think he was telling him, you are hitting us with this so suddenly and whatever you do respect the club and what it stands for for the during off your stay.

What? No youth development? I am talking to a brick wall, a clueless brick wall. I'm off to walk the dog.
    Name them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Just saw the FIFA 11 ad during half-time in the CL. Rooney in a Utd jersey features prominently.

Bring on the software patch!

No I would think he was telling him, you are hitting us with this so suddenly and whatever you do respect the club and what it stands for for the during off your stay.
    No, apparently they've known since August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I wonder has the ankle injury Rooney picked up against Bayern in the away leg any bearing on Rooneys state of mind ?
    Did Ferguson force him back too quickly for the second leg ,Rooney has been atrocious since that incident.
    Perhaps Rooney blames Ferguson for rushing him back and his subsequent poor form in the World Cup.
    Just a thought .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    What has happened:

- Wayne Rooney cheats on his wife and his personal life is in turmoil, subsequently his form is lost.
    - Sir Alex tells Rooney to take a break and sort his head out, in the meantime he lies to the press LIKE HE DOES NEARLY EVERY WEEK (because he hates the press) and says Wayne Rooney is injured.
    - When asked, Wayne Rooney says he is not injured.
    - The press decide this is a contradiction of the boss, they decide that Rooney and Fergie have a fight and they decide that Rooney will be leaving Manchester United.
    - The press print this non-story and all types of media run with it, as it is major if true.
    - People hear this on the radio etc and as a result, people I know who dont really like football are coming up to me and saying "So Rooney is leaving United?"
    - The Club come out and say its all nonsence. The only actual quote so far from anyone.
    - A new thread was started about a rumour that should have been in the superthread.

What will happen:
    - Wayne Rooney or Sir Alex will come out and say that there has been no breakdown in relations.
    - Wayne Rooney will stay at Manchester United.
    - The press, in an attempt to cover their gigantic pile of shíte story, will run a new story about how Fergie and Rooney had an "air it out" no holding back 1 to 1, heart to heart talk and Ferguson convinced Rooney to stay.
    - Further rumours will be put in the superthreads, not have their own threads.

Thats how I see it, I may be wrong, but these stories pop up all the time, and I think this one is snowballing because Wayne Rooney is public enemy #1 in England at the mo... Oh yeah and the tabloids are absolute flith.

Completely wrong hahaha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

his poor form in the WC was because he knew the poop was about to hit the fan in his private life, i do believe there is some truth in what merson has just said in SSN and that he was tapped up, why would you want to leave the biggest club in the world ? DOUBLE YOUR WAGES IS WHY (IMO)

Rooney's take on it will be interesting.

Who knows why he wants out.

He seemed as happy there last year, in the form of his life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Name them.

Cleverley and Macheda will become first team regulars I would imagine.

In time we'll see Pogba, Eikrem, Morrisson and Keane maybe? and King.

That's a pretty good return in my book.

mars bar wrote: »
    Cleverley and Macheda will become first team regulars I would imagine.

In time we'll see Pogba, Morrisson maybe? and King.

That's a pretty good return in my book.
    So, one.
    And he's not good enough.

So, one.
    And he's not good enough.

Can you even count

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement