Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rooney not signing a new contract?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Fuhrer wrote: »
    She probably doesnt want him sleeping with whores either.

NEWSFLASH
    Just confirmed that there are prostitutes outside of England too. Well I never.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The Muppet wrote: »
    We havn't lost Rooney and not replaced him have we?

We have replaced Ronaldo, Valencia was his replacement, Nani also plays that positions, they may not be as good as Ronaldo was but tell me WHo is? Who should united have baught to replace Ronaldo?

Financially there is no comparison to be made between United and Liverpool.

I don't know which party line you are on about , It's the club accounts I use to form my opinions unless you think they are lies too, do you? Even the MUST financial advisors have conceded that their earlier murmurings of the danger the club is in is rubbish, so you see the likes of phb who is still spouting that crap two years down the line is talking bull**** and most United fans have seen through their scare mongering lies which is why the green and Gold campaign has died a death.

Valencia is a fine player, no doubt about that.

On the finances, no point looking at the here and now, that's the problem Liverpool fell for. It's what is going to happen in the future is the problem.

The Swiss Ramble: United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Best piece I've seen on it. Yes there were exceptional items in the accounts but there are going to be a few more down the line too! ;) So get used to it.

From my experience of financial figures, they definitely aren't as good as the club and you make out.

PS. The one single major limitation of Accounts is they are looking at the past performance, very important to bear in mind.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The Daily Fail will do anything to sensationalise a story -

article-1321997-0BAE0063000005DC-568_634x370.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Xavi6 wrote: »

That your next sig pic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

K-9 wrote: »
    Valencia is a fine player, no doubt about that.

On the finances, no point looking at the here and now, that's the problem Liverpool fell for. It's what is going to happen in the future is the problem.

The Swiss Ramble

Best piece I've seen on it. Yes there were exceptional items in the accounts but there are going to be a few more down the line too! ;) So get used to it.

From my experience of financial figures, they definitely aren't as good as the club and you make out.

PS. The one single major limitation of Accounts is they are looking at the past performance, very important to bear in mind.

How can you predict what will happen in the future with any certainty? Too many united fans got bogged down with speculation which has come to nothing to date.

Accounts are real life , All I have said about the accounts is that they prove the club is a viable business, nothing More. My stance all along has been to adopt a wait an see aproach and so far things are working out ok.

I will only address the here and now, Nobody knows what will happen in the future, there is no point worrying about things that may never happen. Must said we'd be bust by now, we're not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Thats rich considering your signature :pac:

They could at least picked someone that has a similar haircut to Rooney!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

All the tabloids seem to be doing everything they can't to discredit themselves again, after being right about the rumors in the first place. It's like they hate to be seen to be informative.

Trilla wrote: »
    That your next sig pic?

Does it bother you if it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lu Tze wrote: »
    To those saying he is only leavibg for the money-abd not personal ambition;

rooney had the best season of his career last season. Yet they lost the league and the champions league. The team around him just isnt up to it yet, it may never be and no indication of replacements coming for the likes of scholes.

I just think it is harsh some of the judgements he is getting is all.

i don't buy it.

Utd were a point off the League and won a trophy, be it the Carling Cup.

if he jumps ship that easily, then he's got less gumption than i originally thought he had.

how fúcking arrogant would he be if he jumped ship the minute he even remotely smells the possibility that it could be a little tough (even though Utd will remain at the top end of the league)?

it's money.

he may say it's 'ambition' if (or when) he goes, seen as it's usually the party line, but if he goes to City, it's definitely money. if he goes to Real, it's arguable.

and i don't see him going anywhere else.

Wow the four lads on sky sports last night Merson and Thompson especially reallying shocked at it. To be fair God knows whats going on at United. Gullit is convinced he's going abroad. Have to say I'm warming to the sky sports lads, even Redknapp. RTE lads like to tell it how it is but its all getting a bit samey and a bit cringy!
    Does it bother you if it is?
    No just wondering thats all. After all its just the internet and people are having a laugh. As long as they don't over do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

jank wrote: »
    Plently to see in this thread. Any Tevez thread is also a good source..

You have no links because you are talking shìte. Any normal United fans would still agree that, on form, Rooney is exceptional.

On Tevez, his last season at United he was shìt. He couldn't handle squad rotation and his form fell apart. Lots of United fans predicted that he would do well at another club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

When asked if City had been in contact with the United star, Mancini replied: "No, never. I have never seen him, never.

Interesting he used I not we

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

SlickRic wrote: »
    i don't buy it.

Utd were a point off the League and won a trophy, be it the Carling Cup.

if he jumps ship that easily, then he's got less gumption than i originally thought he had.

how fúcking arrogant would he be if he jumped ship the minute he even remotely smells the possibility that it could be a little tough (even though Utd will remain at the top end of the league)?

it's money.

he may say it's 'ambition' if (or when) he goes, seen as it's usually the party line, but if he goes to City, it's definitely money. if he goes to Real, it's arguable.

and i don't see him going anywhere else.

and if he doesn't comment - its money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

kryogen wrote: »
    are you off your game?

Rooney provides much more to a team then just his goal return

I don't disagree but i'd be happy if all he did was scored goals. He drops so deep sometimes and i know it's his style but i'd be happier with a box striker scoring 30+ goals a season ala Van Nistelrooy.

What i don't inderstand is why he said in August he wanted to leave? Do you all think he'll be able to command whatever wage he wants? Because i don't think he'd be on the par of ronaldo when he went to Madrid with regards wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

A third possible reason for leaving is a breakdown in relationship with the manager.

Its probably third favourite behind Money and Ambition, given Ferguson's press conference, but Ferguson might not have been telling the whole truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I think this whole issue might have been a poker style stand off that went too far.
    I reckon it's all money and Rooney and his cronies thought they held all the aces.

It could still be salvageable but United will have to make Rooney one of, if not THE, top earner in the league.

I will only address the here and now, Nobody knows what will happen in the future, there is no point worrying about things that may never happen.

Oh Good God of almighty, did you believe property prices always go up too?

The big problem and nobody can argue with this, is the PIKS and how they are going to be serviced together with the loan debt.

They are there in the Accounts, so we know what will happen.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Oh Good God of almighty, did you believe property prices always go up too?

The big problem and nobody can argue with this, is the PIKS and how they are going to be serviced together with the loan debt.

They are there in the Accounts, so we know what will happen.

Do you mean Glazers Piks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Yea, the ones that have nothing to do with Utd at all at all.

• Advertisement

Its clear to most that the PIK's are going to have to be paid off by taking money from the club, its not clear to one particular chap here though

So tell me, Muppet. What do you think the Glazers are going to do to pay off the PIK's? where is the finance coming from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

If Rooney won't leave England due to his Wife's ill sister I think Chelsea or Arsenal would be the most likely destinations I don't think he'll move to City and I think them aside only Arseanl or Chelsea can afford his wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

If Rooney won't leave England due to his Wife's ill sister I think Chelsea or Arsenal would be the most likely destinations I don't think he'll move to City and I think them aside only Arseanl or Chelsea can afford his wages.

Arsenal have a wage structure which they dont break.

Wenger was asked tongue in cheek last night in his post match interview would Rooney fit into the wage structure and he took the questions well laughing basically saying no.

I have more admiration for that club as time goes on, even if they arnt winning, they run a proper football club.

Like for all the talk about Van Der Vart, for me Chamak has been the best signing this year....the lad was free.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just mention of 20 million offer from City for January buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

He is too overpaid to play for Arsenal. Chelsea, City or Real. IMO, Chelsea are favourites, followed by City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Considering the Glazers' shopping malls have been going down the swanny, Man Utd is their only cash cow capable of dealing with these PIKs. If, of course, it is able to deal with them.

Wont leave England due to his wifes ill sister.................*shakes head in amazement*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Even the MUST financial advisors have conceded that their earlier murmurings of the danger the club is in is rubbish, so you see the likes of phb who is still spouting that crap two years down the line is talking bull**** and most United fans have seen through their scare mongering lies which is why the green and Gold campaign has died a death.

The MUST financial adviser you are referring to is Andersred. He is saying the same thing as he has always said. That is, United are a well run club but are losing big chunks of money totally unnecessarily to interest repayments and United fans have the specter of United money being used to pay the Glazers' PIKs. Andersred has been saying this all along. You are wrong about him changing his stance.

You need to read the link in your sig all the way through.
    My stance all along has been to adopt a wait an see aproach and so far things are working out ok.

I will only address the here and now, Nobody knows what will happen in the future, there is no point worrying about things that may never happen.

No, your stance has not been one of ''wait and see''. Your stance has always been one of ''everything will be all right''.
    Here's what you had to say 5 months ago:
    I have never defended Glazer, I always said things would work out...
    ...I'm satisfied that everthing with the club will be fine in the long term,

Yep, the ones they have to pay interest on.

Where will they get the money from?

• Advertisement

:)

thats twice you been asked for your opinion on it and you go quiet for a change, funny that

Pro. F wrote: »
    The MUST financial adviser you are referring to is Andersred. He is saying the same thing as he has always said. That is, United are a well run club but are losing big chunks of money totally unnecessarily to interest repayments and United fans have the specter of United money being used to pay the Glazers' PIKs. Andersred has been saying this all along. You are wrong about him changing his stance.

This +1,000.

Everybody agrees the Glazers are running the club from day to day very well. Revenues good, wage costs low compared to revenues. Sure Hicks and Gillet did that at Pool.

So why the huge loss?

Anglo Irish had a brilliant set of results in 2007 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

A statement from Rooney is expected at some point this afternoon

Rooney will be making a statement today according to Daniel Taylor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Now this is where it's going to get interesting.

Is he leaving because

A. He wants more money

B. He wants to win more trophies.

A means he moves to City
    B means he moves to Chelsea, Madrid, Barca or someone like that

Both will radically alter my perceptions of him as a person in polar opposite directions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

PHB wrote: »

Is he leaving because

A. He wants more money

A means he moves to City

Both will radically alter my perceptions of him as a person in polar opposite directions.

B could be City too and he can have A whilst doing it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Rooney can't say he's leaving for money and he can't name any clubs. It will be something along the lines of "a new challenge", which is fair enough. It's a short career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Source ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Is he leaving because

A. He wants more money

A means he moves to City

You are forgetting the possibility that him and Fergie have fallen out or there are irreconcilable differences between them. Fergie just doesn't see it like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

There's no way in hell he'd be stupid enough to come out and say he's leaving for mor money, even if thats the real reason. No player has ever come out and said that.

Not even Wayne is that thick surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

kryogen wrote: »
    Wont leave England due to his wifes ill sister.................*shakes head in amazement*

For once I'm going to drop my level of posts to make the following statement

He is probably reluctant to leave because he got her pregnant...just saying....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Is he leaving because

A. He wants more money

A means he moves to City

He can do both at city.

s8n wrote: »
    Source ??

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Paleface wrote: »
    You are forgetting the possibility that him and Fergie have fallen out or there are irreconcilable differences between them. Fergie just doesn't see it like that!
    Fergie made fun of his hair plugs :P dressing room bullying too about it :pac:

:confused:

Probably means a link, not that hard to figure out tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,423 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

All the tabloids seem to be doing everything they can't to discredit themselves again, after being right about the rumors in the first place. It's like they hate to be seen to be informative.

If you are seeking informative journalism in the British tabloids I'm afraid you are looking in the wrong place my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

everything these days is done on twitter with sports journos

if anyone ever puts anything by daniel taylor, it'll be from his twitter

One day you'll direct a comment at me that isn't an attempt at being a smart arse. I look forward to it.

Here's your source -

https://twitter.com/#!/DTguardian/status/27928464557

event wrote: »
    everything these days is done on twitter with sports journos

if anyone ever puts anything by daniel taylor, it'll be from his twitter

To be honest I didnt know who he was, I googled him though and his twitter was first up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm sorry, City are coming on leaps and bounds, there's no doubt about that. But frankly, to compare them to Chelsea, Madrid or Barca is just ludicrous. At this point in time, City are no better than United, and frankly I think anyone who says otherwise is just deluded. There's argument, certainly, that City will overtake United in the future. But the idea that you'd move to City when Chelsea, Madrid or Barca want you, for footballing reasons is just stupid.

One day you'll direct a comment at me that isn't an attempt at being a smart arse. I look forward to it.

Sorry wasnt trying to be. I just checked I havent thanked a post by you in 8 months :eek:

I'm just a bit touchy and anti-City this month, apologies Xavi

I love you

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement