Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rooney not signing a new contract?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Lukker- wrote: »
    I think United would be wise to cash in on him now if they can find a new AMF and Striker in January. I think as a player he won't perform as well as he did last season again. He has always stuggled with consitency and I think as he gets older he may have to reduce his work rate which is his most impressive trait as a player. I used to really enjoy watching him because he was sort of an "everyman" character but I haven't seen him perform well since Bayern game in the CL.

That's because he hasn't been fit since then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

:confused:

benzema is a useless piece of (grossly) over paid trash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

benzema is a useless piece of (grossly) over paid trash

Another nail in the X in the City and his clueless opinions coffin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Archimedes wrote: »
    Another nail in the X in the City is clueless coffin.

my coffin will be twice the coffin yours will ever be sir.. :p

and, he is bollocks. i hope he goes to man united for all to see, another dose of the Jo's and Robinihos of this world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think Benzema would be brilliant in the Premiership. Could see him adapting very nicely, just like Anelka and Malouda have managed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

my coffin will be twice the coffin yours will ever be sir..

You do realise that makes you out to be worse than what I was originally implying! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

TBH where would he fit in a Madrid? Higuaín is the main out and out no 9. Cristiano Ronaldo is the one who most often is the "second striker" Mezul Ozil in midfield, Khediera, Alonso aswell.

I suppose he could replace Di Maria, I say £40-£45 million plus Benzema would be enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

We've seen it this season and we've seen it last season - United struggle without Rooney, and I for one, will be dancing with joy when/if he leaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The most annoying thing about that "article" is the way he lists man city and Madrid as probably candidates to buy him, without any substance or foundation - just because they have money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

CorkMan wrote: »
    I say £40-£45 million plus Benzema would be enough.

Bahahahaha you sir are a comic genius :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I couldnt see Rooney playing for a team in mainland Europe. He's not the cosmopolitan type!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

I couldnt see Rooney playing for a team in mainland Europe. He's not the cosmopolitan type!

Could see him settle in quite
    well with Ajax in Amsterdam TBH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Bahahahaha you sir are a comic genius :D
    Unfortunately I don't think he's trying to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

CorkMan wrote: »
    TBH where would he fit in a Madrid? Higuaín is the main out and out no 9. Cristiano Ronaldo is the one who most often is the "second striker" Mezul Ozil in midfield, Khediera, Alonso aswell.

Higuain would get the chop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Was gonna post something but then realised that you can't have a negative thought about Man Utd or any of their players cos then your labelled ABU.......

All in the Irish Independent as well, not sure if this makes the grade as a proper paper for some of ye but here have a read.

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/sport/rooney-gives-fergie-much-to-ponder-2383898.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Rooney will go for 40m max if he goes, and he wont leave the uk as his wife sister is very ill and he is close to her.

In fairness Rooney is very stubborn and will do what he wants and not what fergie wants, he proved that at Everton so either :
    - he will sit out his contract
    - Or get a move to the club he wants.

In the end this is a disaster for Utd who are financially broke, easy to see this as they havent bought any big players in the last 2 years and god knows they need 6 of them!!

Rooney will leave some stage, fergie will retired within 2 years and utd are on the way to meltdown, same way as the pool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

orourkeda wrote: »
    Sell Him.

The transfer fee will put a minor dent in Manchester United' interest payments.
    I'd be surprised if anyone offered over 40m for him.

Rooney will go for 40m max if he goes, and he wont leave the uk as his wife sister is very ill and he is close to her.

In fairness Rooney is very stubborn and will do what he wants and not what fergie wants, he proved that at Everton so either :
    - he will sit out his contract
    - Or get a move to the club he wants.

In the end this is a disaster for Utd who are financially broke, easy to see this as they havent bought any big players in the last 2 years and god knows they need 6 of them!!

Rooney will leave some stage, fergie will retired within 2 years and utd are on the way to meltdown, same way as the pool
    The only similarity between United the Liverpool is that they both have American owners.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    The only similarity between United the Liverpool is that they both have American owners.

That is all.

Well, that is true since Friday given that we don't have any debt anymore and you lads do. No similarities at all! :)

Also the same similarity that both americans were and are at utd still taking money out of the club!

Not a pool fan but at least they have Reina, Gerrard and Torres, who arent in good form either but Utd only have Rooney and thats it!

No other world class players there!!

Utd are on the way out unless ye spend 100-200m in next two years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Vidic, Rio, Evra.

Also the same similarity that both americans were and are at utd still taking money out of the club!

Not a pool fan but at least they have Reina, Gerrard and Torres, who arent in good form either but Utd only have Rooney and thats it!

Vidic, Evra, Nani, Berbatov, Scholes, Valencia, Ferdinand.

The twins will come good, as will chico and kiko hopefully.

Realistically, we need 2 decent midfielders and a GK.

Nothing even close to 100-200m.

The twins will come good, as will chico and kiko hopefully.

Realistically, we need 2 decent midfielders and a GK.

Nothing even close to 100-200m.

The phrase 'world class' has become absolutely worthless.

The phrase 'world class' has become absolutely worthless.
    I never said world class?

I gave the bones of a team that is very good, which is nowhere near on the way out as he stated?

I never said world class?

I gave the bones of a team that is very good, which is nowhere near on the way out as he stated?

He said -
    Utd only have Rooney and thats it!

And you gave a list of average to decent players as a response.

Sorry if I picked that up wrong.

He said -

And you gave a list of average to decent players as a response.

Sorry if I picked that up wrong.
    He also said -

So I gave a list of players to show we weren't exactly on the way out, as there is young blood coming in, and a few well established players there.

I am also sorry you took it up wrong :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I dont think Rooney is worth 40 million, and the only club that would is City, because they can pay it.

Id be surprised if Real Madric came in with a bid, sure isnt Jose going to United in about 2 or 3 years, why would he want to buy Rooney and then try and resign him when he takes over United :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Rooney to Real Madrid, then José and Ronaldo to United next year!

Rooney brought this all on himself being such a dirty brazzer lover, I have no respect for him these days anyway. Fergie should let him go if he wants to go. But still, fcuking hate glazer

Scholes: If your counting on a very old player to make you a great team again, your deluded.

Vidic: Not that great, had one good season.

Evra: Yeah top class player forgot about him.

Berbatov: ha ha ha ha, too laz.

Nani: Not there yet, maybe has potential but way off still.

Ferdinand: Injury prone and lapses in concentration happens too often to be considered!

Scholes: If your counting on a very old player to make you a great team again, your deluded.

Vidic: Not that great, had one good season. - Well that's just laughable

Evra: Yeah top class player forgot about him.

Berbatov: ha ha ha ha, too laz. - Have you watched any of the games this season at all??

Nani: Not there yet, maybe has potential but way off still. - Way off what? 3 goals and 7 assists in 8 games isn't a bad return at all, is it??

Ferdinand: Injury prone and lapses in concentration happens too often to be considered! - He is a great defender on his day, he and vidic have been one of the best CB pairings in the league the last few seasons

Do you actually watch games at all?

• Advertisement

Rooney brought this all on himself being such a dirty brazzer lover, I have no respect for him these days anyway. Fergie should let him go if he wants to go. But still, fcuking hate glazer

There is more than one Utd player that has done the dirt over the last two seasons!.

Remember is not Rooney who came up with the rule that wives and girlfriends are not allowed at the xmas party!

And Mr Ferdinand is no angel going his past history for the dirt on his wife!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Smokin_Aces

gavredking wrote: »
    I dont think Rooney is worth 40 million, and the only club that would is City, because they can pay it.

Id be surprised if Real Madric came in with a bid, sure isnt Jose going to United in about 2 or 3 years, why would he want to buy Rooney and then try and resign him when he takes over United :rolleyes:

Am I missing something? Jose to Manchester United? Since when? How? Or is that just fantasy from United fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

lads, stay on topic.

debate Utd's 'world class' players in the Utd thread.

SlickRic wrote: »
    lads, stay on topic.

Well there isn't really much else to say on the topic tbh.

Rooney hasn't said he isn't going to sign, and the only statement from the club has said that rooney will not be leaving in january, or in the summer.

It's a non story running because Rooney is Public Enemy Number One in the british media.

Am I missing something? Jose to Manchester United? Since when? How? Or is that just fantasy from United fans?

Chelsea fan first off, and my post was sarcasm :)

Do you actually watch games at all?

I doubt you have watch much games to be honest!

Berbatov : a few good games dont make him great, what about last season, did you see that???? What about the Sunderland game, was so bad didnt even know he played!!! And the same can be said for the Bolton Game!!

Vidic and Ferdinand were the best pairing two seasons ago, last season they didnt exist as were out injured and when they did play they werent great.

This year they played two PL games together and havent been great against Sunderland or West Brom and they arent Power houses,

Oh yeah dont forget Davis pretty much beat Vidic against Bolton too. And look at the amount of goals ye conceding with vidic there this year too, your defence hasnt been good and Vidic has been poor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

SlickRic wrote: »
    lads, stay on topic.

Define world-class. Its a phrase used too often these days for players.

Does it mean would he get on a World XI. If so, the only player I can think of is possibly Vidic.

I doubt you have watch much games to be honest!

Berbatov : a few good games dont make him great, what about last season, did you see that???? What about the Sunderland game, was so bad didnt even know he played!!! And the same can be said for the Bolton Game!!

Vidic and Ferdinand were the best pairing two seasons ago, last season they didnt exist as were out injured and when they did play they werent great.

This year they played two PL games together and havent been great against Sunderland or West Brom and they arent Power houses,

Oh yeah dont forget Davis pretty much beat Vidic against Bolton too. And look at the amount of goals ye conceding with vidic there this year too, your defence hasnt been good and Vidic has been poor!
    We've been asked to stop, so if you'd like to continue, I'll happily engage you in the united thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Follow it live on the Guardian (clearly the Liverpool/RBS saga was so successful generating traffic, every two-bit football story will get the same treatment!)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/18/wayne-rooney-leaving?showallcomments=true#end-of-comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Off to Man City, if you ask me. United are in no position to refuse a big money bid, and as Rooney was happy to leave his boyhood club for Newcastle (only for an 11th hour move from Man Utd), he'll follow the money too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

what this needs is a reliable twitter feed & facebook group to kick things off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

With very little cash in the game these days is there any club that would have a cash plus player exchange that would suit united?

Inter swap him with Sneijder plus cash? Madrid off load a few players in exchange?

Barcelona? Where would he fit in and who would they let go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Benzema plus a load of money could tempt Fergie if talk of a rift it true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think Utd are in serious trouble on this, Rooney can afford to sit his contract out, while the Glazers will want to sell asap. City can buy him in a trice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

• Advertisement

Benzema + cash deal doesnt sound to tempting though if I was a Uniuted fan. If they were trying to offload Rooney id hold out out for Higuain. Hes better then Benzema.

If it was Benzema I could see it going Benzema + 10-15million (max), if they tried to get Higuain, im not sure real Madrid would want to swap one of their top scorers for Rooney, its interesting though if Rooney does leave, it could open the door for Chico and Macheda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

True but they are one of the most credible news agencies in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_6452141,00.html
    Sky Sports News
    Real Madrid director general Jorge Valdano has played down rumours linking the club with Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney.

The England international has seen his future at Old Trafford cast into doubt, with his relationship with manager Sir Alex Ferguson reported to have become strained.

Reports have suggested that Rooney is now seeking an imminent exit from United, having informed the club that he has no intention of penning a new contract and would like to move on.

Inevitably, the apparent availability of a global superstar has seen Real Madrid mentioned as possible suitors.

The Spanish giants have never been afraid to dig deep for top talent and have previous when it comes to snatching the cream of the crop away from Old Trafford.

They splashed out £25million on David Beckham in 2003 and a world record transfer fee to lure Cristiano Ronaldo away from the Red Devils last summer, and would have no problem funding a similar move for Rooney.

However, Valdano has sought to bring about an end to the incessant rumours by insisting that Real have no need to bolster their attacking ranks.

With Ronaldo, Gonzalo Higuain, Angel Di Maria, Mesut Ozil and Karim Benzemaalready on the books at Santiago Bernabeu, he believes a move for Rooney is unnecessary.

Firepower

Valdano was quoted as saying on Telemadrid: "Madrid have two great strikers; Higuain and Cristiano, who already showed last season that they are capable of scoring 60 goals between them.

"As well as that there are Di Maria and Ozil, who are going to help these two goalscorers. The question is, who would we move aside if we signed another striker?"

He added: "It's not a debate in Madrid. Mourinho had to come out and stop these types of rumours. And as well as that, Benzema has not had the last word."

While keen to distance Real from Rooney, Valdano has refused to rule out the prospect of making a move for Athletic Bilbao's in-form Fernando Llorenteat some point in the future.

He said: "I like him, but from that to finding him a place in Madrid, that won't be easy. Every season there will be a new player, but it doesn't always have to be a centre-forward.

"Llorente is improving a lot and he is ready for new experiences, but often the media are discussing things that are not happening in the club."

Whatever happens, Valdano is adamant that no business will be conducted during the January transfer window, with Real more than happy with the quality they currently have at their disposal.

"In January there will be neither ins nor outs. June is a long way away," he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Just how stupid is Wayne Rooney?

Ferguson went out of his way to protect him in a time of personal crisis and the player publicly contradicts him.
    Does Rooney really see himself as a victim at the moment?
    He's only a victim of his own stupidity.

It's such a pity to hear that he's essentially calling time on his United career as he's got what it takes to be an all time legend at the club.
    What's really dissapointing is that this could all have been avoided and very easily too.:(

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement