Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rooney not signing a new contract?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I really hope he goes to Real Madrid.

"I wouldn't sell them i virus........

but i will sell them Beckham, Van Nistelrooy, Heinze, Ronaldo and Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

johnnyjb wrote: »
    Dont really think so. Rooney will prob use every excuse in the book if the club said they were gonnna sped 200 mill on players. Its only an easy excuse, every one knows united have money "problems"

Leave him go to City and be a turncoat (again) , or go to Madrid and be burned alive by the sun. United were only one point behind chelsea last year and people say they are doomed.

As a united fan i wish he stayed but cant love someone who dont love you back, the damage is done. Sell him in Jan and buy him a tub of factor SPF 100 for Madrid as a golden handshake.

So the star player leaves publicly stating that it was because they wouldnt give reassurances over player investments and you think nobody else will question their future? If players perceive that United is in decline or not fulfilling promises made at contract time like Rooney thinks then its a real problem for the club.

I think United fans should focus their anger at the Glazers and keep the spotlight on their high gearing ratio and its affect on football matters at the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

The Muppet wrote: »
    Ha Ha , How naive are you if you think Rooneys comments would stop anyone moving to United. I'd be fairly sure the contract on offer would be the deciding factor rather than the mumblings of an x player who has had his head turned by the prospect of a mega cash deal. Most rational people will be well aware of whats happening here.

I think you're giving too much credit to footballers tbh. I would think they are quite easily swayed by the hype and bluster that something like this would stir up in the press. But it's a judgement call and it's probably not really that important whether I'm right or naive and wrong.

Either way, money can fix the problem as you say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

mars bar wrote: »
    Yeah, I suppose we were making the top class players ourselves! :D
    veronreutf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

ntlbell wrote: »
    because when he looks up to play a pass he see's players like klose and muller? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If he is for sale there will be plenty of clubs in for him, what can United offer that others can't? It's not playing with world class players that's for sure.
    I don't know if he would or not but I'd doubt Rooneys comments would make any difference to whatever his current stance is.

Fair enough, I'd be very surprised if he didn't at least ask the same questions to Gill himself then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Pro. F wrote: »
    I think you're giving too much credit to footballers tbh. I would think they are quite easily swayed by the hype and bluster that something like this would stir up in the press. But it's a judgement call and it's probably not really that important whether I'm right or naive and wrong.

Either way, money can fix the problem as you say.

They are swayed by one thing and one thing only, Money, end of.

If he is for sale there will be plenty of clubs in for him, what can United offer that others can't? It's not playing with world class players that's for sure.
    That train station that Vidic loves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I liked recyclingbin better when he wasn't trying to veil the BS:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055877616

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Location and chances of success also play a part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I'm sure his head has been turned by his advisors indicating there is more money to be made elsewhere. Coupled with the fact Ronaldo wasn't (really) replaced. I really can't see him joining City after making his statement. Maybe if City had of finished 2nd for a couple of seasons and made real progress in the CL you could see him joining them but I don't see that for at least 3 seasons. If he really is moving for money, he'll have a pre-contract signed with City before Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

"31Corry Evans - first name is corry. prob a ponce."

some in depth analysis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I must admit - I lol'd :pac::

"31Corry Evans - first name is corry. prob a ponce."

EDIT: snap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭pavb2

I think he'd have to be exceptionally mentally tough to go to City.

Sol Campell springs to mind but at least he can claim it was vindicated by the success at Arsenal.

Is it worth the vitriol £200K a week but public enemy no 1 certainly up the northern half of the country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

He's not playing with world class players now and doesn't want to go anywhere he said at the world cup:confused::confused:

Your point makes no f*cking sense at all.

what can utd offer? are you from the past?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

At least he was somewhat funny back then. Alas, like most of his ilk, he ran out of steam depressingly quickly - despite there never before being as much material for him to slobber over.

Pro. F wrote: »
    Location and chances of success also play a part.

That's why Robinho signed for City instead of Chelsea Yeah.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

We know that is not the case though (Joe Cole most recent example, Spurs offered more, he went to Pool). Playing time, winning and being with a team they want to play with is just as important to most. There are mercenaries about the place but to paint all players with the same brush is just silly. Rooney is leaving because he thinks Man U will not win anything any more and cannot see where more titles will come from in his time. Fair play to him and if he gets a few extra quid out of it then so be it.

He's not playing with world class players now and doesn't want to go anywhere he said at the world cup:confused::confused:

Your point makes no f*cking sense at all.

what can utd offer? are you from the past?

I read in the United thread today that he was looking to leave, not idea how true it is. Must be BS then if he said in the summer he wanted to stay. United can offer Hernandez, Bebe, Anderson and other excellent players. :D

That's why Robinho signed for City Yeah.:eek:

Yeah because one example make you right... Raul anyone? :rolleyes: We can sling about once offs every day, you will still not justify your sweeping generalisation.

LOL @ EA Sports as well btw.:pac:

• Advertisement

Apart from Nani, who I'll admit has stepped up, I don't see a wrong call there.
    Maybe Berbatov, but a good month and a bit isn't enough. I'll change my mind if he scores more than 15 prem goals -> upgrade to decent, more than 20 ->upgrade to good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

In fairness to Rooney when was the last time United really signed a marquee world class player ?
    Ferguson has repeatedly bought average players and bought alot of unproven players too,some of whom became top class players but many of whom were failures.
    There seems to be a reluctance for him to go out and buy genuine creative attacking players .
    Its as if he is afraid to buy a recognised star .
    He couldnt see fit to sign Ozil ,a class act,but he could throw 7m at a player he only saw on video and that could have been bought for 150,000 euro last year.
    With Scholes and Giggs nearing retirement there is a lack of quality in the United midfield .

Man Utd like to tout themselves as the biggest club in the world but that doesnt ring true anymore.
    They cant attract the top top names in football and they are struggling to hold onto the players they have.
    The players they currently have coming through are too workman like,and lack flair and creativity.They are simply not good enough .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

I read in the United thread today that he was looking to leave, not idea how true it is. Must be BS then if he said in the summer he wanted to stay. United can offer Hernandez, Bebe, Anderson and other excellent players. :D

If there's anything we can take from this crisis, it's confirmed that Utd have caused untold pain and suffering to the likes of chucky the tree over the years.

All the bitterness is pouring out. Every cloud has a silver lining.

why are you mentioning bebe? he's played about 5 minutes

it's like saying chelsea can offer some kid in their reserves?

you're talking utter nonsense.

In fairness to Rooney when was the last time United really signed a marquee world class player ?

In fairness to United this has never been their policy, pre or post Glazer.

And when they did so they tended to get stung badly.

I see...

Out of interest, who do you support?

I'm a United fan, but not compared to a lot of people on here in terms of dedication etc.

I'm losing interest in soccer in general pretty rapidly tbh, it's just turning into a complete soap opera.

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'm a United fan, but not compared to a lot of people on here in terms of dedication etc.

I'm losing interest in soccer in general pretty rapidly tbh, it's just turning into a complete soap opera.

Actually, scratch that.

Soccer is reminding me of nothing so much as WWF these days.

#15 wrote: »
    If there's anything we can take from this crisis, it's confirmed that Utd have caused untold pain and suffering to the likes of chucky the tree over the years.

Heh indeed.

Even if United went out of business it wouldn't make up for the lifetime of misery he and his ilk have had.

get down to your local park and watch a bit of sunday league so, no drama.

• Advertisement

lol, wp :D

Actually, scratch that.

Soccer is reminding me of nothing so much as WWF these days.

+1. Except I like WWF better.

Thank God for hurling and the likes of Brick Walsh.

I think he may have been being facetious...

He'll be playing more no with Rooney out, on the bench tonight and he's deemed one for the future. Chelsea can offer a lot more then some kid in their reserves, United can't.

lol, keep those heads in the sand lads.

We know that is not the case though (Joe Cole most recent example, Spurs offered more, he went to Pool). Playing time, winning and being with a team they want to play with is just as important to most. There are mercenaries about the place but to paint all players with the same brush is just silly. Rooney is leaving because he thinks Man U will not win anything any more and cannot see where more titles will come from in his time. Fair play to him and if he gets a few extra quid out of it then so be it.

Did Joe cole go to Liverpool because he thought it was a better location to live than London, and did he think he had a better chance of winning silverware or was it because he didn't want to move to another London Club and livepool offered him the most money outside of London ?

get down to your local park and watch a bit of sunday league so, no drama.

Yup, you're dead right tbh.

I never really understood people who used to scorn the big leagues, going on about how it has no soul and all that - thought they were talking shíte.

I kind of see where they were coming from now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

I preferred WWE when it was WWF! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

A United fan?! Strange use of the term fan ya have there! :p

It's certainly getting harder to love the "commercial" game alright.

Did Joe cole go to Liverpool because he thought it was a better location to live than London, and did he think he had a better chance of winning silverware or was it because he didn't want to move to another London Club and livepool offered him the most money outside of London ?

Does it matter why? You have introduced something apart form money into the equations. It just proves that he was not only justified by money like you said all footballers were when dismissing your departing superstar. Get it?

I preferred WWE when it was WWF! :)

Money killed wrestling as well as soccer.:pac:

God be with the days of the NWA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

LOL, nice one for the link, great read. :pac:

• Advertisement

Typical Utd fan.
    When the going gets tough...
    :pac:

A United fan?! Strange use of the term fan ya have there! :p

It's certainly getting harder to love the "commercial" game alright.

Why? Because I think the club is in terrible trouble?

He'll be playing more no with Rooney out, on the bench tonight and he's deemed one for the future. Chelsea can offer a lot more then some kid in their reserves, United can't.

Sorry, I just can't take you serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

flahavaj wrote: »
    In fairness to United this has never been their policy, pre or post Glazer.

And when they did so they tended to get stung badly.

Yes ,thats true ,but you cant keep turning a pigs ear into silk,its just not feasible.
    There are glaring weaknesses in the squad not being addressed and havent been addressed in many years.
    Ferguson can see fit to spend £19m on Carrick,£18 on Hargreaves ,€30m on Andersen ,all average players .
    Thats alot of money .He hasnt bought a genuine top class central midfielder in 17 years and even he wasnt a creative midfielder.

Yeah because one example make you right... Raul anyone? :rolleyes: We can sling about once offs every day, you will still not justify your sweeping generalisation.

HA HA you couldn't even give an example in the premiership. I'm expecting the obvious one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

flahavaj wrote: »
    Money killed wrestling as well as soccer.:pac:

God be with the days of the NWA.

After watching old matches with Flair, Steamboat, Sting, etc - couldn't agree more!

Anyway, back on topic - with some good young strikers coming through, will Rooney even remain an England int'l for very long?

Does it matter why? You have introduced something apart form money into the equations. It just proves that he was not only justified by money like you said all footballers were when dismissing your departing superstar. Get it?

Money is the overriding factor as you well know but if you insist on being pedantic work ahead.

It does matter why because they were the two reasons give by PHB, keep up.

Yes ,thats true ,but you cant keep turning a pigs ear into silk,its just not feasible.
    There are glaring weaknesses in the squad not being addressed and havent been addressed in many years.
    Ferguson can see fit to spend £19m on Carrick,£18 on Hargreaves ,€30m on Andersen ,all average players .
    Thats alot of money .He hasnt bought a genuine top class central midfielder in 17 years and even he wasnt a creative midfielder.

So whats your point?

United do spend money or United don't?

Or does it really matter as long as you get to have a good aul rant about United.

Seize the day baby.

HA HA you couldn't even give an example in the premiership. I'm expecting the obvious one.
    Well it says a lot about you I suppose. You said all footballers are motivated by money. You have been proven already once to be speaking from your nether regions and you laugh. Good lad, I suppose it could have been nervous laughter, ya know, embarassed at being so easily found out. :rolleyes:

yorkie to sunderland? :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement