Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rooney not signing a new contract?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

ntlbell wrote: »
    yorkie to sunderland? :pac:

Nicolas Anelka and Craig Bellamy's whole careers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Nicolas Anelka and Craig Bellamy's whole careers!

cardiff is lovley :pac:

and bolton do peas with their chips!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Nani's better than Rooney anyway imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

cardiff is lovley :pac:

and bolton do peas with their chips!

By their club count alone, they do embody the word mercenary tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

The Muppet wrote: »
    That's why Robinho signed for City instead of Chelsea Yeah.:eek:

That proves nothing. Players are influenced by money and other factors, like potential success and location. I don't know why you are trying to deny this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

keane2097 wrote: »
    Nani's better than Rooney anyway imo.
    Joking right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Well it says a lot about you I suppose. You said all footballers are motivated by money. You have been proven already once to be speaking from your nether regions and you laugh. Good lad, I suppose it could have been nervous laughter, ya know, embarassed at being so easily found out. :rolleyes:

It say's more about you that you're arguing that footballers primary motivation is not money.

Have a nice evening.:D

Pro. F wrote: »
    That proves nothing. Players are influenced by money and other factors, like potential success and location. I don't know why you are trying to deny this.

Primary Motivation is money it can circumvent all other consideration as per the example I gave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭pavb2

Do we know why he doesn't want to re-sign,is it money? fall out with Fergie? Or does he simply want to get out of UK away from press etc?

If it's the latter try and salvage marriage,new start etc I wouldn't blame him

• Advertisement

Primary Motivation is money it can circumvent all other consideration as per the example I gave.
    Yes I agree it's the primary motivation. In a lot of cases anyway.

If you'd said that in the first place I wouldn't have disagreed with you. But you said something quite different.
    They are swayed by one thing and one thing only, Money, end of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

flahavaj wrote: »
    So whats your point?

United do spend money or United don't?

Or does it really matter as long as you get to have a good aul rant about United.

Seize the day baby.

My point is that they pay well over the odds for limited players and unproven players .

If you'd said that in the first place I wouldn't have disagreed with you. But you said something quite different.

Are you doing this on purpose?

If the right amount of money can make a player disregard, everything else

then everything is money?

everyone has a price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

My point is that they pay well over the odds for limited players and unproven players .

So why are you banging on about them not buying world class players these days when according you they've never done so?

everyone has a price.

To say that things like location and prospects of success aren't a factor is nonsense. Of course money is a big factor I'm not denying that.

To say that things like location and prospects of success aren't a factor is nonsense. Of course money is a big factor I'm not denying that.

They can be, all things equal. But when it's not E.G. one is offering more money, they can over ride everything else if the money is big enough.

there goes, money is the be all and end all as it can override everything else.

christ all mighty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

That is not what you said though. Perhaps you should read some of the claptrap you come out with, then you could defend it without having to shift the goalposts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

flahavaj wrote: »
    So why are you banging on about them not buying world class players these days when according you they've never done so?

Because alot of United players came through the youth team .
    Top class players like Scholes,Giggs,Beckham .
    They arent coming through anymore .
    Van Der Sar,Giggs and Scholes will be gone in 12 months time ,there are no replacements.
    You cant keep relying on buying unproven players and hoping they will be world class and you also cant buy attacking midfielders and try to convert them into defensive midfielders (something Ferguson has been consistently guilty of doing over the last 5 years )
    There are times when you need to go out and buy a few big proven world class players if you expect to be the "Biggest" club in the world .

Why does every thread here require play ground explanations

"Hai, i want success, sun and the womenz."

Rea:, we have it all 50k a week.

Chelsea, no sun here, suchess womenz and 100k a week

Bolton, no sun no women no success. 250k a week.

"I hear peter kay is funny!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Because alot of United players came through the youth team .
    Top class players like Scholes,Giggs,Beckham .
    They arent coming through anymore .
    Van Der Sar,Giggs and Scholes will be gone in 12 months time ,there are no replacements.
    You cant keep relying on buying unproven players and hoping they will be world class and you also cant buy attacking midfielders and try to convert them into defensive midfielders (something Ferguson has been consistently guilty of doing over the last 5 years )
    There are times when you need to go out and buy a few big proven world class players if you expect to be the "Biggest" club in the world .

Your argument is all over the place.

Maybe you and recyclingbin should have a chat - he thinks he's a chequebook manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

£18 on Hargreaves.
    Thats alot of money.He hasnt bought a genuine top class central midfielder in 17 years.

I know he's crocked but 18 quid... :)

Also he was top class just injured a lot. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

It doesn't, they mostly require people who can see sense. Money is not always the only thing. If it was everyone would be playing for Monaco where they do not have to pay taxes on the same amount of money and so earn twice as much as a player in the prem for example.

What every thread needs is people who are happy to accept that sometimes, no matter how odd it seems, they can be wrong or at least not as right as they think they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Come on lads..

06a2e9ae_someone-wrong-on-internet.jpg.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Come on lads..

06a2e9ae_someone-wrong-on-internet.jpg.png

Bed at half 8?:P

They can be, all things equal. But when it's not E.G. one is offering more money, they can over ride everything else if the money is big enough.

christ all mighty.

Ugh.

Money is not the only factor that determines where players go.
    Are you denying this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

baz2009 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure a lot of them have school in the morning. ;)

Ugh.

Money is not the only factor that determines where players go.
    Are you denying this?

Monery can over turn any stumbling block if the amount of money is right.

Monery can over turn any stumbling block if the amount of money is right.
    I agree.

Edit: (I got distracted by the football) I agree that, in theory, if the amount is big enough money can overcome nearly any obstacle, but it still doesn't change the fact that money is not the only factor that determines where players go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'm pretty sure a lot of them have school in the morning. ;)

So do I.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

banner at Old Trafford, which I thought was amusing..

69162452768974559510114.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Put the money from Rooney towards bringing in Luis Suarez and Wesley Sneijder and the squad will be stronger for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Can't believe how disloyal Utd fans are to Rooney tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Put the money from Rooney towards bringing in Luis Suarez and Wesley Sneijder and the squad will be stronger for it.

I doubt they'll get enough to buy Sneijder on his own tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

That is laughable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

baz2009 wrote: »

I have to get up at 11 in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

John Giles's comment about a deal already being done was an interesting point. I wonder if his representives do have a verbal agreement with someone for Rooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hilarious and rather expensive looking posters there. Glossy? Whatever happened to a white sheet and paintbrush?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

That is laughable
    It was meant to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Well to be fair, if there's one thing Rooney understands, it's disloyalty.

Ask Everton.

Ask United.

Fúck it, even ask his wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Does anyone else feel like they've been broken up with by a long term partner that they totally didn't see coming?:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

imo (and I'm not looking to rag anyone) it's hypocritical for some fans to get angry at Rooney for wanting to leave. It's for the same reasons he left Everton to go to United in the first place. More money and a better chance of winning things. It's just that the shoe is on the other foot now. It's all about perspective.

I really think he should stay at United though. It would be best for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

I can't believe how troll-y trolls are tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

doc_17 wrote: »
    imo (and I'm not looking to rag anyone) it's hypocritical for some fans to get angry at Rooney for wanting to leave. It's for the same reasons he left Everton to go to United in the first place. More money and a better chance of winning things. It's just that the shoe is on the other foot now. It's all about perspective.

Listen to the stuff he was saying less than a year ago:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/6509413/Wayne-Rooney-I-want-to-follow-Ryan-Giggs-example-and-stay-at-Manchester-United.html

You can't really blame the anger and the sense of betrayal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Man United boss Sir Alex Ferguson: "I haven't read Wayne Rooney's statement, but we'll have a view on it tomorrow and probably put it to bed tomorrow. As I said, the door is open. We keep good players, particularly when they are that young. He wants assurances? Have I won 30 trophies or what?!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

as a Liverpool fan, Im taken aback by the whole thing. Im trying not to listen to what the press is spouting but if this is a 'footballing' decision Im genuinely surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

doc_17 wrote: »

Very good point but some Utd. fans are so blinkered they can't see this. They can't handle the fact that they are not a big enough club now for players like Rooney so they resort to lowlife personal blows against the guy and his wife. That goes for all the typical heads that actually thanked the thread with that poster on the previous page.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Rooney walked out on the club he supported as a kid fir UTD and now UTD supporters are calling him disloyal. Lol

everyone has a price.

christ all mighty.

You got to be a pedant to play the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

thegen wrote: »
    Rooney walked out on the club he supported as a kid fir UTD and now UTD supporters are calling him disloyal. Lol

Find me a United fan who denied Rooney was being disloyal when he left Everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Easy to say now. Never heard a UTD supporter comment on it back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Warper wrote: »
    Very good point but some Utd. fans are so blinkered they can't see this. They can't handle the fact that they are not a big enough club now for players like Rooney so they resort to lowlife personal blows against the guy and his wife. That goes for all the typical heads that actually thanked the thread with that poster on the previous page.

And yet yourself, recyclingbin and chucky have spent the guts of the last two days here trolling and goading united fans, with unabashed glee.

Yeah ... classy!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement