Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rooney not signing a new contract?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Fans showing up at his gaff.. fcuking ridiculous the sh1te some football fans resort to, pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

They had a banner that said "If you join City, you're dead".

Idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

baz2009 wrote: »
    I'm nearly sure that was when he left Leeds, he talked about it on Live at the Red Cafe on night.

No, it was United fans I think:
    Negotiations over his previous contract took 16 months - involving considerable angst and, at one point, the arrival of a gang of balaclava-clad United fans on the player's doorstep, telling him to “sign or else” - but this has been a remarkably swift process, reflecting Ferdinand's increased sense of belonging at Old Trafford.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_united/article3746867.ece

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

whats blue and f**** old ladies?

Wayne Rooney in his Man City top ..:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Quick one. Fergie says in his lastest interview defending United being able to compete.

"I had a player once who said to me that Rooney and (Cristiano) Ronaldo weren't good enough and he was not prepared to wait until they were good enough.".

Was the player who said it Ruud or was it Keano?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

whats blue and f**** old ladies?

Wayne Rooney in his Man City top ..:eek::eek:

What smells like stale Stella, can't answer his phone and tells sh*t jokes?

You.:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

One positive from this whole thing is that at least we shouldn't have to hear that Gerrard tune about kissing the crest and handing in a transfer request from united fans anymore, fond of the aul crest kissing was Wayne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Quick one. Fergie says in his lastest interview defending United being able to compete.

"I had a player once who said to me that Rooney and (Cristiano) Ronaldo weren't good enough and he was not prepared to wait until they were good enough.".

Was the player who said it Ruud or was it Keano?

Ruud.

Keane is a big fan of Ronaldo.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    One positive from this whole thing is that at least we shouldn't have to hear that Gerrard tune about kissing the crest and handing in a transfer request from united fans anymore, fond of the aul crest kissing was Wayne.

Deadly. Where's my lighter and replica shirt gone?

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    What smells like stale Stella, can't answer his phone and tells sh*t jokes?

You.:eek::eek:

Dont think you got my post, I can answer my phone, if only it rings.. :rolleyes:

and stella is much better than the muck we get on tap here...*

mmmmm

*as long as you dont have a wife:eek::eek:

flahavaj wrote: »
    Deadly. Where's my lighter and replica shirt gone?

Ask your angry, death threat yielding mob, they might know!

Ask your angry, death threat yielding mob, they might know!

For some reason Mancs don't do injustice and self pity as well as other supporters.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Rooney is listening to the wrong people and is easily influenced. He's having a tough time at the moment and he's only turning 25. His life is plastered all over the place in every paper and on most channels. Wouldn't surprise me if the lad had a meltdown.

If he did have a meltdown or not, the best place for him as things are, is with Alex Ferguson.

If he moves on, fair enough. United will still continue on without him. That's the beauty of United.

Rooney is listening to the wrong people and is easily influenced. He's having a tough time at the moment and he's only turning 25. His life is plastered all over the place in every paper and on most channels. Wouldn't surprise me if the lad had a meltdown.

If he did have a meltdown or not, the best place for him as things are, is with Alex Ferguson.

If he moves on, fair enough. United will still continue on without him. That's the beauty of United.

thats true, people in oklahoma probably know who he is now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Bollocks! Where did this myth originate from?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I still want to know if Fergie had anything in particular in mind when he said "We're going to put this to bed tomorrow" in that interview after the match
    ziggyman17 wrote: »
    seems Rooney had a few visitors to his home tonite,, outlining what would happen if he signed for city..

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The people turning up at his house are nothing but scum and so is anyone else who threatens his life/family or anything. Disgraceful behaviour, these people are scum, not fans

He doesnt deserve that, nobody does, regardless of who he signs for. If he stays then these same assholes will probably be cheering and singing his name once he starts scoring again. Pathetic human beings

( I feel a bit like Ian Holloway here )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Only if Rooney stays... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

It's disgraceful what happened outside Rooney's house last night. Those people could be in all noew version of Misery. "I'm your No1 Fan" - Sledge out - "God I love you"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Pathetic.

2572bfm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Troglodytes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

As Kryogen and others have stated These so called fans that protested outside Rooney's House last night are total scum , Its one thing (right or wrong )to sing and take the p1ss at /during a game...
    but
    to turn up at a man's house ,his kid's home is totally wrong and sub human , If they are proven to be season ticket holders they should be Barred for life .The game would be a hell of a lot better off without them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Rumours have surfaced that Wayne Rooney is giving serious consideration to a move to Juventus.

He has admitted that he would find it tough to turn down the old lady of Turin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

orourkeda wrote: »
    Rumours have surfaced that Wayne Rooney is giving serious consideration to a move to Juventus.

He has admitted that he would find it tough to turn down the old lady of Turin.
    That took a second to get :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

That's impressive, they spelled "you're" correctly

jebuz wrote: »
    That's impressive, they spelled "you're" correctly

Thats exactly what I thought as well :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    As Kryogen and others have stated These so called fans that protested outside Rooney's House last night are total scum ,

They just let him know that if he moves to City he is a dead man. Something I agree with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Then you really need to get a life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Betting suspended on a number of betting sites on Rooney staying at United

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Looks like he is going nowhere. From Daniel Taylor's twitter:

"Just taken a call that Rooney is staying. Statement from #MUFC imminent . "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

is he still overrated ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

RasTa wrote: »
    They just let him know that if he moves to City he is a dead man. Something I agree with.

Are you retarded also?

Mob power! Strange week....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

SSN confirms he is staying

kryogen wrote: »
    Are you retarded also?

In your eyes, probably. I would throw a pig's head at him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Rooney signs a new 5 year deal at OT. Just announced on Talk Sport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

/thread

• Advertisement

well this thread can be closed now so

Football, bloody hell

Contract negotiations, bloody hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Fecking hell looks like threathening people works so :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Close the thread? We have to bear witness as the utd fans do a turn about face and preach forgiveness.

lets see all these fickle united fans do another u turn here......... people who were calling him a traitor scumbag will be singing his praises from the rooftops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

http://www.guardian.co.uk/

Breaking news here. Same journo who broke that he is leaving also confirmed on twitter that he is staying, got a call from the club about 20 minutes ago.

Apparently there was a large amount of bets that he was staying placed in the Liverpool area about 40 minutes ago, leading the bookies to suspend betting.

Rooneys family getting their moneys worth!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

What a bizzare saga!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Will there be a mad scramble on the wage structure ladder at Old Trafford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Weird.

karma_ wrote: »
    Close the thread? We have to bear witness as the utd fans do a turn about face and preach forgiveness.
    lets see all these fickle united fans do another u turn here......... people who were calling him a traitor scumbag will be singing his praises from the rooftops

Rooney: "The fans have been brilliant with me since I arrived and it’s up to me through my performances to win them over again"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Hmm, all of them?

There some people who thought this might happen, and thus decided not to curse him out.

Feels good. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement