Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rooney not signing a new contract?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

killwill wrote: »
    I can't believe the momentum this story has gathered considering there has not been any quotes from anyone, not even a "source close to the player"!!!!
    This is a total non-runner IMO.

Exactly!! IMO, its the press trying to make a story out of nothing. In legal terms there is not even circumstantial evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

killwill wrote: »
    I can't believe the momentum this story has gathered considering there has not been any quotes from anyone, not even a "source close to the player"!!!!
    This is a total non-runner IMO.

The Sun had quotes from a "good friend of Rooney", apparently. Absolute bollix in other wors.:rolleyes:
    SlickRic wrote: »
    have you seen Ferguson angry at a press conference?

he's more likely to tell them to shut the fúck up or something. he doesn't like controversial questions; never mind questions which may chink his armour which protects him as the greatest manager ever.

he'd rather just end the conference early.

But Fergie is the greatest manager ever..?;):P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Mister men wrote: »
    I think people just need to deal with the facts here. Rooney won't sign a new contract for United because he knows that City,Real or Chelsea will pay him huge money 200,000+ a week.

Show me that you know that for a fact?

Pure speculation on your part.

Speculate all you want, but for Gods sake dont call it fact when you, like me, dont know for sure either way.

The Muppet wrote: »
    I,m still Supporting Man United If thats what you mean Yes.:D

Hows things on merseyeside?

I'll leave that answer for another thread ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I don't buy into the idea that the Glazers want Ferguson to get rid of Rooney because of poor financial results. The Glazer's income will mostly depend on success on the pitch so selling one of their best assets seems counter-productive, even if the club is losing money. It doesn't make sense.

Ronaldo wanted to leave and Utd got a good price for him.

If Rooney wants to leave, it will have been because of a falling out with Ferguson over the prostitute story. Ferguson loves players in the Scholes mould and the Rooney scandal would have disappointed him.

In saying that, I expect the issue to be resolved internally and Rooney to sign a new contract. His wife apparantely wants to stay in Manchester and i don't think City have the presitege yet to draw a player like Rooney.

The Guardian's Daniel Taylor tweet:
    In place at Old Trafford . . word is that Fergie is definitely going to address Rooney issue rather than putting up shutters.

MUTV must be expecting something big because there's nothing on today/tonight other than "The Managers Press Conference".:pac:

Fergie has already spoken to MUTV about Rooney . . not expecting Gill at press conference (or many questions for John O'Shea)

DT

MUTV have a private interview with Fergie, who will give all the answers on the contract!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'd love if he says Rooney is finished at OT and can rot in the reserves til his contract expires :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Fergie said he wouldn't sell Real Madrid a virus and then sold them Ronaldo.

Its a day to day thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I'd love if he says Rooney is finished at OT and can rot in the reserves til his contract expires :pac:
    You were right, Bosnich is talking some amount of shíte on SSN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Paleface wrote: »
    Fergie said he wouldn't sell Real Madrid a virus and then sold them Ronaldo.

Its a day to day thing!

Well unless you see Ronaldo as a virus, I dont see the problem.:D

He said Rooney had an ankle injury. Followed by giggles.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

baz2009 wrote: »
    Whats Ryan got to do with it?

• Advertisement

Are any of you watching the conference live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

"Ferguson not taking questions on Rooney in press conf. Says he'll address issue at the end - just what he did after Beckham "boot" in 2003"

the times' oliver kay's twitter

As it's a Champions league match there are journo's there that Fergie would not usually allow in press conferences. Some Uefa regulations or something.

According to Newstalk.

Fergie: "His agent has intimated he won't sign a contract and he wants away. It's a shock."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

greendom wrote: »
    Can't get much more clear cut than that.

absolutely.

and if Fergie actually says that when he starts the interview that'll be the time to discuss it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭KJF

Looks like he's gone.

Paul@ManchesterEveningNews: BREAKING NEWS from James Robson at OT:

Ferguson says he has had a meeting with Rooney and the player wants away. Ferguson said he wanted Rooney to stay but respected his position. Ferguson says he never had an argument with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Alex Ferguson: "David Gill told me [Rooney's agent] said he wanted away. I couldn't believe it. It was a shock."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Gill talked to his agent, initimated wouldn’t be signing new contract and wanted away, I’m shocked……………fergie

Phil McNulty - Ferguson confirms Rooney's agent said the player "wanted away". "Shocked...terribly disappointed".

Oliver Kay - Alex Ferguson on Rooney: "The player is adamant. He says he wants to leave. We have to deal the next part in terms of this request"

:eek:

Fergie: "the player says he's adamant he wants to leave"

Biggest football story of the year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

LoL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

its disappointing, we've done nothing but help him, we bemused he wants to leave............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I wonder who he'll go to. I don't think we will have much sway in a sale. Rooney will go where he wants. We won't be able to bargain much with money because of his contract. Hopefully it's City Vs Madrid in a bid war.

Manchester United moves on.

Would you be disappointed if Torres came in as replacement?

• Advertisement

MUTV summary:

He was injured, scan proved it.
    Fergie's disappointed with contradiction, blaming it on form. He was protecting him.
    Fergie gave him proper break for Sunderland so he could get form back in the Enlgand game.
    NO argument.
    Rooney didn't wanna sign contract in summer. Fergie recieved cal on 14th August, him nor Gill could believe it.
    Fergie asked for meeting, Rooney said he wanted to go. Fergie told him to respect club. Fergie doesn't think he has repsected the club in how he has acted.
    Fergie going on about United being a family etc. treated Rooney excellently with advice, both professional and personal. No falling out.
    No contract officially offered yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

**** 'em so, club is bigger than him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

He better be going abroad. I will personally run onto the pitch and loaf him if he wears a city shirt. €5k to charity if I don't.

RasTa wrote: »
    He better be going abroad. I will personally run onto the pitch and loaf him if he wears a city shirt. €5k to charity if I don't.

Quoted so you can't edit later on ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

MUTV summary:

He was injured, scan proved it.
    Fergie's disappointed with contradiction, blaming it on form. He was protecting him.
    Fergie gave him proper break for Sunderland so he could get form back in the Enlgand game.
    NO argument.
    Rooney didn't wanna sign contract in summer. Fergie recieved cal on 14th August, him nor Gill could believe it.
    Fergie asked for meeting, Rooney said he wanted to go. Fergie told him to respect club. Fergie doesn't think he has repsected the club in how he has acted.
    Fergie going on about United being a family etc. treated Rooney excellently with advice, both professional and personal. No falling out.
    No contract officially offered yet.

Wonder when we'll get to hear from Rooney TV.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

joe316 wrote: »
    **** 'em so, club is bigger than him.
    I don't get commemts like this. After years of loyal service to the club he's immediately turned on by 'fans' when he says he wants to leave. Childish bullsh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Would you be disappointed if Torres came in as replacement?

Torres wouldn't disrespect Liverpool by doing that.

They should have sold him before the world cup.

greendom wrote: »
    Wonder when we'll get to hear from Rooney TV.?

Straight from Fergie's mouth that was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

RasTa wrote: »

I really can't see him living abroad. Think he'd rather Spotland than the San Siro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Daemos wrote: »
    I don't get commemts like this. After years of loyal service to the club he's immediately turned on by 'fans' when he says he wants to leave. Childish bullsh1t.

Loyal my arsé.

Loyal is Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Gary Neville. Not Wayne Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

He's cracking up he's cracking up, fergies cracking up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

What United fans need to remember is that this has come and gone before. Everytime a big player looks like leaving its a "massive blow" to the club.

As stated earlier in this thread, the big name players that have left under SAF management should have by right made the club defunct.

Have faith in your club and your manager. Personally if I was a professional footballer I have no idea why I would leave Manchester united, with a manager who has proven time and time again how he can make someone a superstar.

I have to say the stories being run ring very truthful and I hope I see something arise soon to keep Rooney at United. On form he is fantastic to watch and makes that team brilliant to view.

but if he does leave, it is not the end of the world. And who knows what strikers might become available come end of season.
    Huntelaar was always a long term project to sign which never came about but hes starting to find form again. I'm sure there would be a striker around that could score the goals.

However lets not forget that goalscoring wasn't exactly Rooneys fortay until last season when he was played in centre. His ability to find space and create things is highly regarded.

What it means however is the possability of replacing him with an attacking midfielder, a forward or a striker.

I can't see Rooney leaving for his 5 million and I cant see him leaving. These guys have alot of smart people around them that should be advising them on moves. Even his agent.

You can't see exactly where Rooney can fit in anywhere else, on paper it looks great to see Messi - Villa - Rooney but you have to wonder if playing styles he would fit into the likes of madrid etc.

I'll hold to see what the short term future holds but a good performance from Rooney soon along with a statement of intent on his plans would do the world of good.

This is just getting headlines because its Rooney, a far more worrying situation for Strikers in my view is Torres at liverpool. Looks jaded and unwilling, clearly regrests his move and will be gone in January or Summer. That loss will be a proper blow for a football club.

***posted before press conferance,***

niallo27 wrote: »
    He's cracking up he's cracking up, fergies cracking up
    Not today niallo, any chance you could keep your trolling to yourself for one day?

Just the one?

Too much to ask?

Fantastic news for the rest of the league.

United will become just that bit more ordinary without him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

So im the child when after the club has stood by him and made him the player he is now and throws his toys out of the pram. Only one child here and his first name is Wayne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Le King wrote: »
    Loyal my arsé.

Loyal is Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Gary Neville. Not Wayne Rooney.
    Giggs, Scholes and Neville are the exception, not the rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

ManU's interest payment must be due.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Utd lack ambition in tranfers market over last 2 years, sold your star player Ronaldo and now Rooney. Ye are broke and a selling club now!!

Giggs, Scholes and Neville are the exception, not the rule.
    They are the exception to the term loyalty??

Think about what you just said for a minute.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement