Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Leaving cert Business book?!

Options
  • 17-10-2010 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Repeating LC..
    So have 1 yr (make that 8 months lol) only..
    Teacher is pretty much useles..
    Cant go to the Institute or any grind schools as such.. pity..
    Really and desperately will need an AI though.
    So help guys! what to do ? is it really the institute's rich students who can get those A1s cos it isn't fair..:mad:

So, what is the best book for LC business out there that covers thr entire course, and guarantees an A1 if studies in and out!
    Business Today or 21st Century Business are ones I've heard.. but u can suggest others if ye can.

Thanks any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mentallylc2011

Anyone ? :confused:
    Pls! :(
    Im sure loads of people do Business for LC.. Pls help. Sharing knowledge = Improving knowledge. :rolleyes:

Thanks for ANY help in advance. Highly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mentallylc2011

Lol anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭doctorg

Lol anyone?

Well the one I have is called " business a dynamic world" it is fairly descent has all the main points. If you learn all that book you will get an A1!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

"The Business" by John O sullivan is good, but demands a serious amount of learning. But if you do learn it its an A1 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

Does anyone have any experience with Global Business?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I had 21st Century Business and thought it was brillant and really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Global Business is really student friendly and probably the best book available

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭quiz

Relax. Its a pretty easy subject. I did it by self study and got an A1 and I have come to accept I might not be Einstein reincarnated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Hi quiz. Can I ask what did you do studywise to get your A1? Did you work off exam papers or what?. Where did u get your notes?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

I can't remember the name of my book but there was a japanese woman on the front though I did my LC in 2005. I got an A1 in business and honestly you are overly fretting, just put loads of headings in your answers, have really good structured responses and don't waffle.

Bear in mind that simply regurgitating the material in the book does not an A1 make. Read the papers, commercial awareness is a big advantage. :) Hope that helps!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

I can't remember the name of my book but there was a japanese woman on the front.

Global Business. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Global Business. ;)

This is the one- Business- a dynamic world

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭work.inprocess

Repeating LC..
    So have 1 yr (make that 8 months lol) only..
    Teacher is pretty much useles..
    Cant go to the Institute or any grind schools as such.. pity..
    Really and desperately will need an AI though.
    So help guys! what to do ? is it really the institute's rich students who can get those A1s cos it isn't fair..:mad:

So, what is the best book for LC business out there that covers thr entire course, and guarantees an A1 if studies in and out!
    Business Today or 21st Century Business are ones I've heard.. but u can suggest others if ye can.

Thanks any help is appreciated.

21st Century Business is written by one of the Business teachers in the Institute. Laid out perfectly and is very concise, all you need for the exam. Used it for my LC and got an A2, with not a whole lot of study.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The best 'book' and the one the exam will be based on, is the syllabus.

Advertisement