Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Ag Science Book Pls !

• 17-10-2010 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

So im repeating and taking up Ag Science in 1 yr.. Firstly, is it a good idea?
    The book I have is 'Agricultural Science' by Hermann Geissel. I think its only our school who got this "fantastic! book for us :( It looks TERRIBLY out dated and i dont think anyone uses it ! Does anyone here use it Pls tell!???
    Soo what book should i get that covers the course A-Z and can guarantee an A1 if studied in and out.

Really need help on this ASAP.
    Thanks for any replies in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lctake2

get the rapid revision book, it doesn't have everything but the amount of stuff in the book is mad and unnecessary. unfortunately i don't think there is one great book. study the marking schemes for all the past questions, loads of stuff is repeated.
    i got an a1 using the rapid revision one and institute notes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

lctake2 wrote: »
    get the rapid revision book, it doesn't have everything but the amount of stuff in the book is mad and unnecessary. unfortunately i don't think there is one great book. study the marking schemes for all the past questions, loads of stuff is repeated.
    i got an a1 using the rapid revision one and institute notes

Would it be possible for you to PM me the notes from the institute? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭doctorg

NotExactly wrote: »
    Would it be possible for you to PM me the notes from the institute? Thanks.

Me too please I just took on Ag.science this year (6th) and I have to work really hard to cover the two years.
    Help really appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

If you could add my name to that mailing list that would be great! Would really appreciate it, took up ag science this year too (as a repeat) and didn't do biology so I'm struggling a bit with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mentallylc2011

Guys I have started the thread!
    No repies on the Book to buy so ?
    If there is anyone who could mail me the insitute notes, it would be highle, highly,highlyy, highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭soup1

If there is anyone who could mail me the insitute notes, it would be highle, highly,highlyy, highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    If you want the institute notes then perhaps you should pay for them like everyone else! What makes you think for a second that someone who is competing with you next June would give you any sort of advantage ? Pay the fees or **** off!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

soup1 wrote: »
    If you want the institute notes then perhaps you should pay for them like everyone else! What makes you think for a second that someone who is competing with you next June would give you any sort of advantage ? Pay the fees or **** off!

Wow what kind of an education system do we have to be churning out people in this frame of mind. They are notes, he will still have to learn these notes. The education system should be a level playing field but it is clear to see that someone with money has an easier time of achieving higher grades than students who cannot afford these advantages, which is unfair. Anyway your attitude is elitist and selfish and im trying my best not to throw in a few more adjectives to describe you :p

Back OT, Im just using the rapid revision book along with marking schemes. Im a repeat so my best advice to you is to get the project out of the way :)

Did I ask YOU for any help? Did I ask YOU to answer this question? If u dont have anything helpful to say tis better that u dont reply at all. I think YOU are the one who needs to F*** OFF MY QUESTION.

And, Not everyone can afford the Institute notes, if YOU can, Good for YOUUUU.

Liveit wrote: »
    Wow what kind of an education system do we have to be churning out people in this frame of mind. They are notes, he will still have to learn these notes. The education system should be a level playing field but it is clear to see that someone with money has an easier time of achieving higher grades than students who cannot afford these advantages, which is unfair. Anyway your attitude is elitist and selfish and im trying my best not to throw in a few more adjectives to describe you :p

Back OT, Im just using the rapid revision book along with marking schemes. Im a repeat so my best advice to you is to get the project out of the way :)
    Totally agree with you.
    Thanks a mill. Is the rapid revision book enough though? Usually i dont use rapid revision books for any of my subjects cos im afraid it leaves out stuff and I really cant afford anything lower than an A1 hehe. Thanks :) Ps. I dont have the project started yet, i havent even talked to the techer yet about it! :/

Thanks again for helping unlike bastards who just like to brag that they can afford Institute notes, tis rediculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭doctorg

Totally agree with you.
    Thanks a mill. Is the rapid revision book enough though? Usually i dont use rapid revision books for any of my subjects cos im afraid it leaves out stuff and I really cant afford anything lower than an A1 hehe. Thanks :) Ps. I dont have the project started yet, i havent even talked to the techer yet about it! :/

Thanks again for helping unlike bastards who just like to brag that they can afford Institute notes, tis rediculous.

Same here I haven't started my project aswell. All I know is that 50 marks are for your practical copy??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Buy a book or revision book, whichever, and make your own notes.
    Liveit wrote: »

Some people are just sick of laziness where they do all the work and go to the expense and effort of getting notes and then randomers on the internet just expect them to hand over the notes....

Totally agree with you.

Well Ag Science is not the subject to go for then....
    doctorg wrote: »
    Same here I haven't started my project aswell. All I know is that 50 marks are for your practical copy??

It's 45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I already deleted a similar comment from you in the interests of keeping the peace.

You don't take a hint easily, do you?

You're entitled to express your opinion on the subject, but there is no reason whatsoever to be rude and aggressive.

Did I ask YOU for any help? Did I ask YOU to answer this question? If u dont have anything helpful to say tis better that u dont reply at all. I think YOU are the one who needs to F*** OFF MY QUESTION.
    If you have a problem with a post, use the triangular icon beside each and every post to REPORT it, do not abuse the poster on thread!

The kind of attitude and language above is NOT acceptable on Boards and especially not in this forum.

I suggest you both read the forum charter CAREFULLY.

The only thing saving both of you from a few days off is that you are both relatively new. That will only excuse you once.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement