Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water - tasting terrible?

Options
  • 18-10-2010 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Anyone else notice this in the last few weeks? It's reminiscent of last year's floods - the water tastes like bleach

:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Sometimes it goes mank alright...Weve given up drinking the tap water at home now suffered with bad stomachs all last week and tis the only thing we can think off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭bellx1

Milly33 wrote: »
    Sometimes it goes mank alright...Weve given up drinking the tap water at home now suffered with bad stomachs all last week and tis the only thing we can think off...

Same here, stomachs were in bits after drinking tap water. Went and bought a filter jug and filters today.

And €18 for 3 filters when ones I have run out. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

I drink a fair bit of tap water (from a few different sources) and I cant say i've noticed any difference at all recently.

corkcomp wrote: »
    I drink a fair bit of tap water (from a few different sources) and I cant say i've noticed any difference at all recently.

Got a strange taste from it last few days. Drank a glass of water Sunday morning and threw up (not hangover I swear :))
    I'm sticking with the filtered stuff anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Never thought i'd be saying this but i can't drink water from the tap except for tea or coffee. But thats obviously boiled. I find it tastes metallic or something?

I only drink bottled water. The cheap stuff in tescos. 55c for 2 liters i think.

• Advertisement

Never thought i'd be saying this but i can't drink water from the tap except for tea or coffee. But thats obviously boiled. I find it tastes metallic or something?

Ya I find it metallic at times too. My sister said that last week she had little white "bits" floating in hers.
    Lidl are meant to have very cheap water - something like 49c a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Well, all I notice is that during the summer + or - a couple of months the water has more of a chlorine taste alright, making it harder to drink on its own, but in the winter its so cold it's not as evident.

Maybe it depends on what pipeline your on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Out of curiosity, are you certain you've a properly fitted plastic cover over your cold water tank?

Never found one myself, but I have heard of rats and pigeons falling into and drowning in cold water storage tanks
    due to people having either no cover or a sheet of chipboard thats disintegrated or plywood that's warped due to the tank sweating.

seen a few pics once at a course I was doing, looked similar to the ones on this thread

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbing-forum/10673-rat-tank.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Out of curiosity, are you certain you've a properly fitted plastic cover over your cold water tank?

Never found one myself, but I have heard of rats and pigeons falling into and drowning in cold water storage tanks
    due to people having either no cover or a sheet of chipboard thats disintegrated or plywood that's warped due to the tank sweating.

seen a few pics once at a course I was doing, looked similar to the ones on this thread

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbing-forum/10673-rat-tank.html

while the issues above do sometimes occur, people wont be drinking the water from their attic tanks unless drinking from bathroom taps... or worse:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

what part of cork are you from? i ask because different parts are on different mains,

i live in the Douglas area and haven't noticed anything wrong with the water, and i drink litres of it every day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

We got a notice last week that they were flushing the pipes and that the taste would be a little off for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

The family house as such is up in Rochestown old Rochestown and the water up there taste fine all the time, a little chlorine-ie sometimes but nothing too bad.. The place we rent is in Ballintemple and there is a huge differance between smell, taste. Ive seen the bits floating around but that is usually after they have done work on the pipes.

Mind you I laugh at the council sometimes they had signs up (not too sure have they been taken down now) just in random spots saying they were flushing the pipes in the area on dates ??? blank had them up for 3 months nearly. Whats the point in going to all the effort if they dont give you the information anywho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭seensensee

Colibri wrote: »
    Anyone else notice this in the last few weeks? It's reminiscent of last year's floods - the water tastes like bleach

:(

Yes the drinking water stinks of chlorine, I consider it to be non potable, good for flushing the toilet with, Have not drank it in over two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

I know where there is well in Bishoptown where the water is free.

Advertisement