Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Di Luca is back!

• 18-10-2010 2:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

Here and here

In reply to Ettore Torri’s recent comments
    "However I am sure that not all cyclists are drug users. Things have changed a lot in the last decade. I can guarantee that most of my colleagues are clean. It isn‘t true that you need to dope yourself to win. A born champion is always a champion, while a domestique rider is always a domestique.”
    La Gazzetta speculates that Di Luca provided highly significant testimony to prosecutors seeking to break through the wall of silence to understand how the practice of doping is structured in Italy

Not sure if it warrants a reduction in the sentence? Will we hear his full (truthful) story? Will Valverde be next for a pardon?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

::sigh::

It seems (ex)dopers are coming back into the sport at a higher rate than they're getting kicked out. That, to me, indicated that the standard two-year ban is too light, especially for those guys nearing the end of their career for whom the chance of a final good season hugely outweighs the risk of an early retirement.

With DiLuca and Ricco both being able to turn state's evidence for a reduced ban it again sends the message that being caught, well, if you do well enough before it, just isn't that big a deal.

Dope - ride well - get caught - name names - come back to a decent contract.

That's not bad really. How about

Dope - ride well - get caught - seek employment another industry. ?

I think that might work a bit better.

Having said that I have to admit that Menchov and DiLuca's battle for the Giro was maybe the best grand tour I've ever watched... I really like DiLuca's style. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

How about this:

Get caught: lifetime ban.
    Full co-operation: reduce to 2 years.

And by "full co-operation" I mean "grass up everyone, and you only get to come back when people are in jail".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

^^^^^

What he says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Vélo wrote: »
    ^^^^^

What he says.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

1579102.jpg

Tar and feather them. This might make them think twice....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Just want to say that if not for Scaraponi on Sat, that Lombardy would have been a yawnfest. I say that as a massive Gilbert fan. I fully support do the crime/do the time. However there are very few "crimes" where life is handed down. I think 5yrs is sufficient with monetary penalties.
    An unintended consequence of a life ban could be dangerous extremes taken to doping as it is **** or bust so to speak.
    A lot of behavioural studies have been undertaken on the extreme lengths that sportspeople will go to in order to achieve victory.
    We need to keep things in perspective.

Advertisement