Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda inaction and our area descending into chaos

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

MagicSean wrote: »
    The op lives in a **** hole in a country with a revolving door prison system and a belief that all children deserve many chances. There is often little that can be done in an area that bad, particularly in the short time of one year.

And your advice is that the victim is asking for it.
    Like i said, you should look up the law you are spouting and compare it to the situation. And stop watching CSI.

What? There is nothing wrong with the below. Oh to add the OP probably has camera evidence too.
    Criminal damage, verbal abuse, harassment and if one of those rocks hits a family member, GBH or attempted murder.

Wrong, see above. Also, there are lots of witnesses, arrests can certainly be made. Bring in forensics if needs be, oh wait it will infringe the 'rights' of teenage criminals
    I've been in that situation

Yeh sure, what did they throw at your window, a pebble?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Throwing stones is not a life threatening situation. The op never mentioned the window being broken either. I would barrage of items was as the op described there would be at least some damage. Throwing stones is not a crime by the way.[/QUOTE]

So if your passing in your Squad car sean and i start hurling stones at it, your going to continue driving and take absolutely no notice, after all its not illegal to throw stones!

You're right. We should be like the ops husband and chase young children with a hammer. The world will be better then.
    Maybe if the local Guards would do there well paid jobs, the husband may not have had to resort to that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

So it's "high-horsing" to object to the notion that those putting up with such crap are inviting it on themselves...?
    Seems reasonable to me to avoid doing stuff that would get you killed.

Depressing to read about garda inaction in areas with problems, yet their instant intervention in areas where it's rare for there to be trouble. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Very sorry for your trouble OP.
    It must be awful to be living under such circumstances :(

Here is the Garda Facebook page.

If I were you, I would bombard this GARDA FB page wall, with video clips of this feral scum and their retarded behaviour.
    I would do so at every available opportunity, and every time something happens, with the accompanying words:

GARDA !! HELP ME !! I AM A PRISONER IN MY OWN HOME"

GARDA!! HELP !! I AM ABOUT TO BE KILLED BY A MOB OF MARAUDING SCUMBAGS !!

Bring to the attention of everyone in the world who visits this garda FB page and shame them for their inaction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Maybe if the local Guards would do there well paid jobs, the husband may not have had to resort to that!

i think your directing your anger the wrong place. The Gardaí didn't make these children like this. They can only act within their powers and at the moment their powers in this area are mostly limited to weak asbo orders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

You're right. We should be like the ops husband and chase young children with a hammer. The world will be better then.

At the point when kids are so bad that the only thing that they will respond to is an adult chasing them with a hammer, then we're probably doomed anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

These aren't young children, these are young thugs afforded the rights and protection of children under the legal system due to their age.

gurramok wrote: »
    And your advice is that the victim is asking for it.

First of all, that's not advice. Secondly, that's not what I said at all. i said they should change their approach.
    What? There is nothing wrong with the below. Oh to add the OP probably has camera evidence too.

Like I said, read the statute you are alluding to. Criminal damage requires actual damage. Verbal abuse is not a crime. This situation does not constitute harassment.
    Yeh sure, what did they throw at your window, a pebble?!

Don't think I've done anything to deserve being a liar.
    Dudess wrote: »
    So it's "high-horsing" to object to the notion that those putting up with such crap are inviting it on themselves...?
    Seems reasonable to me to avoid doing stuff that would get you killed.

Depressing to read about garda inaction in areas with problems, yet their instant intervention in areas where it's rare for there to be trouble. :mad:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    marcsignal wrote: »
    Very sorry for your trouble OP.
    It must be awful to be living under such circumstances :(

Here is the Garda Facebook page.

If I were you, I would bombard this GARDA FB page wall, with video clips of this feral scum and their retarded behaviour.
    I would do so at every available opportunity, and every time something happens, with the accompanying words:

GARDA !! HELP ME !! I AM A PRISONER IN MY OWN HOME"

GARDA!! HELP !! I AM ABOUT TO BE KILLED BY A MOB OF MARAUDING SCUMBAGS !!

Bring to the attention of everyone in the world who visits this garda FB page and shame them for their inaction.

You'd probably be better directing it at your local TD.

It's been great folks but this is getting a bit personal so I'll leave ye to it.

i think your directing your anger the wrong place. The Gardaí didn't make these children like this. They can only act within their powers and at the moment their powers in this area are mostly limited to weak asbo orders.
    I would be more worried about the gardais attitude. You intimated earlier that more the OP rings the Garda station the less ye will do for her, because she must be drawing them on herself!

Do you not see anything wrong in what you just said!

• Advertisement

First of all, that's not advice. Secondly, that's not what I said at all. i said they should change their approach.

And that approach is put up with it, you said nothing else to the contrary as the Gardai have failed.
    Like I said, read the statute you are alluding to. Criminal damage requires actual damage. Verbal abuse is not a crime. This situation does not constitute harassment.

So there is no crime to report in this thread at all, lovely.
    Don't think I've done anything to deserve being a liar.

Well, i've had bricks hurtled through my windows before and I was terrified. One narrowly missed me. If it had hit me, I would of been seriously hurt or worse. And yes concrete objects can kill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I'll probably be slated for this post but I'v mentioned about having been in prison before as I used to get into a large amount of trouble, I have never posted a lie before and I'm not lying now so let me tell ye people exactly what a Superintendent in my home town actually told me one morning, " We don't hate you at all, Nothing against you, Young lad like you saves us being sent to the border". Now those words explain a lot..

BTW I wasn't harassing people in their homes, Thats low..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ciaran_h

is any of this last 2 pages or so helpful???

i cant understand why the OP having opened this thread over a year ago has only followed one course of action - dial 999.....particularly since husband is local and would presumably have contacts in the area......TD's? Residents assoc? councillors? neighbours?..... all are helpful in our area (which is NOT a **** hole as boards peeps love to think - how many of you have ever been here?? )
    the guards at sundrive are far from useless in my experience, but i think dialling 999 is not the way to go here......if i was getting this sort of sustained local harassment i'd move personally - rent and rent......anyway my tuppeny's worth...this thread seems pretty pointless at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Have to agree with you ciaran

The OP has been given lots of suggestions but never acknowledges them at all
    The OP does one thing only and that's call the emergency line.

And in a few months the OP will be back with the same complaints and claiming the only reason she is attacked is she stands out to the locals and bringing up her religion

This goes on in every town in Ireland, it's nothing to do with being Muslim

There is a good community in Drimnagh, I can't see the OP has made any effort to get to know others or ask for help.
    I also can't see she has ever gone to the local station to start a dialogue and highlight this.

Pressure builds, people have a breaking point and one day I could see her husband cracking, laying down a beating and then it's the OP's husband who ends up getting prosecuted.

It's good to talk OP, get off the emergency line and go talk to Eric Byrne or whatever public rep you want in your area

charlemont wrote: »
    I'll probably be slated for this post but I'v mentioned about having been in prison before as I used to get into a large amount of trouble,

BTW I wasn't harassing people in their homes, Thats low..

An honourable criminal so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,595 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

What crime you think they commit?

What the op describes is anti-social behaviour. ..........................................................................
    Criminal damage requires actual damage. Verbal abuse is not a crime. This situation does not constitute harassment. .

Ah shure that's alright so I suppose? It's only a bit of anti-social behaviour - not a proper crime. Shure they're only messing, only having a laugh, only hanging around. Shure we've all done it........

What's particularly sad about this thread is that this is happening in the same area where an initial interaction with a few kids who were only hanging around.......only messing resulted in two decent men having a screwdriver driven into their brains. These kids whose behaviour "does not constitute harassment" will be the ones stabbing people in a few years. It's absolutely disgraceful that the Gardai seem happy to let them travel along the road to more serious crime.

ciaran_h wrote: »
    is any of this last 2 pages or so helpful???

i cant understand why the OP having opened this thread over a year ago has only followed one course of action - dial 999.....particularly since husband is local and would presumably have contacts in the area......TD's? Residents assoc? councillors? neighbours?..... all are helpful in our area (which is NOT a **** hole as boards peeps love to think - how many of you have ever been here?? )
    the guards at sundrive are far from useless in my experience, but i think dialling 999 is not the way to go here......if i was getting this sort of sustained local harassment i'd move personally - rent and rent......anyway my tuppeny's worth...this thread seems pretty pointless at this stage

I apologise for calling it a ****hole. That was unfair of me. You are right in that there are many good people in the area.
    Ah shure that's alright so I suppose? It's only a bit of anti-social behaviour - not a proper crime. Shure they're only messing, only having a laugh, only hanging around. Shure we've all done it........

What you consider a crime and what legislation and the courts deems a crime seem to be quite different.
    What's particularly sad about this thread is that this is happening in the same area where an initial interaction with a few kids who were only hanging around.......only messing resulted in two decent men having a screwdriver driven into their brains. These kids whose behaviour "does not constitute harassment" will be the ones stabbing people in a few years. It's absolutely disgraceful that the Gardai seem happy to let them travel along the road to more serious crime.

That lad was a psychopath. No amount of hugs or slaps would have changed that.

I will say it again to the op. You need to change your approach to this situation. Get out of the me versus them attitude. Engage positively with the local community Garda, Juvenile Liason Officer and Residence associations.

You miss my point. The murders arose from an initial incident where one of the Polish men was jostled by a 14 yr old boy who was "only hanging around" with two girls. The eventual murderer was summoned to the scene by the girls by phone. If the teenagers had not being engaging in low level anti social behaviour, the killings would never have happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Worse still a Phadraig,the guilty parties in that particular case,were part of a larger grouping of youths well known to both local residents and Gardai for their constant anti-social activities in the area,adjacent as it was to one of the largest and best run Youth Clubs in Dublin....:(

It would seem that some posters here now view that particular event as old-hat,in the past and have "moved-on" .......Whilst I do have reservations concerning the "Islamic" leaning of the OP's posts I do also see the very obvious direction the entire issue is heading in.

This is but one thread on that sad event....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65756387

The Gardai in most cases are now reluctant to get involved in "Facing Down" groups of underage individuals due to a very high degree of risk to their own well being and career path, should they fail to adhere to the myriad of "safeguards" now in place for youthful criminals

.....it's one reason why the "Big-Name" gangsters now very effectively utilize ever younger persons to do the actual dirty work.....Untouchable.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

I will say it again to the op. You need to change your approach to this situation. Get out of the me versus them attitude. Engage positively with the local community Garda, Juvenile Liason Officer and Residence associations.

I'm kinda lost as to how much more positivity the OP can be expected to display in connection to their "engagement" with the Local Gardai ?

From the initial posts it appears this couple have both called,visited and written (?) to their local Garda Station.....Is this not positive enough ?

I'm equally hopeful,for the OP's sake that there is'nt another Psychopath embedded within the harrassing group described in these posts,as that seems to make the entire thing somehow OK in other posters minds...?

I wonder again,if the OP's biggest problem is'nt simply that they are "Different" and perhaps stick-out just a bit too much for the comfort of the hoodlums....who generally crave the anonymity of the hoodie and the drawn-blinds...which the quiet-lifers tend to give them.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Sounds familiar http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-15551327

Lobbing concrete objects can seriously injure a person.
    A 79-year-old Manchester man has been left with a broken leg after a concrete block was thrown at him on Halloween.

Eggs were launched at the man's house in Sandacre Avenue, Baguley, when he refused to answer the door to teenagers on Monday evening.

When he came outside the block was thrown at him, completing what police said was a "disgusting double attack".

Det Con Anna Meakin said the people responsible for the attack were "no genuine trick or treaters".

Two boys, aged 12 and 13, were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and bailed pending further inquiries.

Greater Manchester Police said five youths were involved in the attack.

They are described as being white, aged between 13 and 15 and wearing dark hooded clothing.

Det Con Anna Meakin said the injuries to the man "could have been even worse".

"This was a frankly disgusting double attack on a pensioner at his own home," she said.

"They pelted his house with eggs, all but forcing him into a confrontation, before launching a concrete block at him.

"The youths responsible have no right to torment an innocent man like this and we will not rest until we have found those responsible.

"We would urge anyone in the community who may have witnessed this attack, or who has information, to call us."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Lets face it, there is no protection for people who have the absolute misfortune of living in an area described in the OP. I agree that we should all make efforts to grow our community, get to know our neighbours etc, but thats only a part of it.

There is way too many people falling over themselves to minimise the destruction that wayward youths cause. The terror they inflict, the damage to area's, including the very underestimated damage to an areas morale. There needs to be a draconian system for certain circumstances. The justice system needs to realise that one size does not fit all. I mean, we recently had a man who got sent down for 16 years for chopping off an artists fingers and stabbing them etc. Now, that may seem like 'We thats a good long sentence, until you realise that a) its feckin not even close to a long sentence considering the crime, and b) the perpetrator had a previous conviction for stabbing a woman 10 times!!

The perpetrator was 'Known to Gardaí', should be a phrase of the past also.

On Haloween we had an incident where jeeps were stolen and used to ram Gardaí. 2 drivers arrested. They should NEVER see freedom. Assaulting firemen and firetrucks, you should NEVER see freedom. This is only getting worse, and needs drastic action. We must begin with the message that there will be no mercy on those who attack our emergency servicemen in such circumstances.

yes we need to look at the social side of why these people exist and do everything to try prevent such things. However, its not a either / or situation. We need a justice system, from the Gardaí up, that has the teeth, and is not afraid to use them. We need the Gardaí to be respectful and respected, but a visit from the Gardaí to be terrifying, not a badge of honour that enhances bravado. We need thugs and criminals to know, that we as a nation have no tolerance of thuggery, be it intimidation/threatening behaviour or be it actual violence. We need to end the bit in a piece about a conviction of a violent crime where it says, 'The perpetrator had 10 previous convictions'.

I know people who have been terrified in their own house. I know men who feel completely emasculated when it comes to protecting their families in certain areas. Seeing their sons come home beaten up, not knowing what to do. I know a mother who's son, standing up for his younger brother, got a machete (Yes, a feckin machete!!!) in the back of the head. They had to move in the end such was the terror. We need 'move out' to stop being a suggested solution.

I think many people are actually blind as to how bad the situation is, including the government and judiciary. Many of the bleeding hearts simply don't know the extent of the issue in many areas, or think they do because they read about it and talked to some disadvantaged kids and felt sorry for them. The fact is, social breakdown and disadvantage need to be tackled, but so does the criminality that arises from it. A person might gush about the unfortunate guy who never had a father, an alco mother etc. However, that feeling of empathy should be a very distant emotion compared to the empathy felt for the innocent lives he may have chosen to impact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Id certainly be worried if he was a guard in my area, with an attitude like that towards crime!

Ah but who are we to be asking Gardai questions, my tax only pays there wages!

So he might pay your wages. In fact he pays his own considering the tax he might pay. What do you work as, i might pay your wages and im entitled to know. i could be your customer if your in the private sector and i put food on your plate. Come on what do you work as?

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Worse still a Phadraig,the guilty parties in that particular case,were part of a larger grouping of youths well known to both local residents and Gardai for their constant anti-social activities in the area,adjacent as it was to one of the largest and best run Youth Clubs in Dublin....:(.

And the teenage girls involved - who engaged in the initial assault on Pawel Kalite (including smashing a bottle over his head), (apparently deliberately) called David Curran to the area knowing how he would react, and one of whom tried to establish a false alibi for Curran - were never charged with anything, and not named. Are these girls still hanging around the area harassing innocent people? Or have they squeezed out a few bastard children yet to get a nice free council house?

cursai wrote: »
    So he might pay your wages. In fact he pays his own considering the tax he might pay. What do you work as, i might pay your wages and im entitled to know. i could be your customer if your in the private sector and i put food on your plate. Come on what do you work as?
    No Guard, i can guarantee you dont pay my wages. Unless your in exports?

the thing is here that the OP comes on with tale after tale over the past year or more about various incidents of anti social behaviou and seems only to contact the guards by 999....doesnt try any other tack depite the advice offered by locals and others, so I cant understand how this will progress....the 'racism' element is a bit baffling too given OP said 2 of the main protagonists are somalis (black muslims?)

Re: Polish murders - Curran and his pal etc are scum bags., Drimnagh has its fair share as does inchicore (where his mate is from....curran was relative newbie to drimnagh having been moved to lissadel from town btw)...their other friends that hung out on the canal are also scum...they were known for causing trouble around liissadell, benbulben....but as far as i know things are a lot quieter around there now....as a local i'm curious to know what part of drimnagh OP is in...and no Padraig i dont think this is 'old hat' but it is something that occurred a few years ago and could happen agin either in Dublin 12 or elsewhere......

the thing is here that the OP comes on with tale after tale over the past year or more about various incidents of anti social behaviour and seems only to contact the guards by 999....doesnt try any other tack depite the advice offered by locals and others, so I cant understand how this will progress....the 'racism' element is a bit baffling too given OP said 2 of the main protagonists are somalis (black muslims?)

Although the tone of the OP's posts could be regarded as somewhat exciteable it's only fair to point out Ciaran h that Utik has from the first post mentioned contacting the Gardai in several different ways....
    UTik: Most of the time when we or neighbours rang the police, they ignore our calls. If they come, it's 40 minutes or even 3 hours after the initial call. When they come 3 hours later, all the gangs have gone and the police treat our calls as a bogus call ( the police who told us this by the way). Most of the time, we ended up have to ring them more than twice.
    Utik:Even after ringing the Gardai 3 times, they only turned up hours later after they had gone. At this point the Gardai said,they could only ask them to stay away.
    Utik: We reported this incident to the local Garda station and nothing was happening since. They did not even take my statement, despite the video and pictures that I have, which clearly identify them.
    Utik: I have been trying to get in touch with the inspector and the community police officer whom never return my calls.
    Utik:I believe there is something wrong with that particular Garda station. One night when about 30 youths lit a bonfire and threw fire works into our houses, I rang the station. After waiting for about 40 minutes, out of desperation I rang other Garda station (at Crumlin Village). I explained them what happen and begged them to send their car into our area. They agreed to do so but they said it was once off as our area is out of their territory. Their car came and they cleared out the whole road in less than 5 minutes (two different gangs at that time) and we able to enjoy peace for 2 days after that. Conversely, if the local car does turn up while these youths are here they usually drive right past them and dont even stop!
    It is kind of funny that the police send the community guard to school in order to speak to the students about ASBO. Most school days, some of them will even appear here while on their lunch from school! I know that some of these youths rarely spend their time in school anyway. So, yet another waste of time not to mention more of tax payers money.
    Utik:One day, I had to argue with a guard on the phone as he accused me of calling the local station 20 times in one day. It was not true of course (the proof being on my mobile bill), I told him that it wouldnt be necessary for me to make call more that once if they able to solve the problem in the first place.

So I hope the above few quotes puts the 999 herring in its basket...

It looks as if Utik just does'nt fit-in with either the local youths,the neighbours or the gardai....being different in Ireland can be a very daunting proposition....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Utik

Incident on 31/10/2011
    Dear all,

It started at 5.52 pm. The usual gang threw stones into our front windows and shouted abuse at me. I called emergency number at 5.54 pm and local station at 5.56 pm. No gardai turned up at all. They were continuing to throw stones into our house. I called the station again at 6.23 and the gardai still did not turn up. Upset with the situation, my husband went out and the gang scatters. My husband then runs after them. The gang hid inside a shop. He caught one of them and held him there. He told the shop owner about what was happening. He knew that the gardai will not turn up for our calls, therefore he asked the shop owner to ring the station. The shop owner then called the gardai and magically the gardai turned up 5 minutes later. The gardai then took his name and drove him home. They advised us to call the station straight away if the youth came back again.
    At 08.03 pm the same gang turned up again and threw eggs into my front windows. My husband run after them and caught one of them. I rang the station twice and no gardai turned up this time. That youth gave us names of youth who were involved in this incident. At 10.08 the gang was harassing us again by walking up and down the road while shouting abuse at us. I called the station and the gardai did not do anything.
    The next morning, I called the station to inform them what has happened since they drove that youth home. The garda asked me why I did not call straight away after the incident. I told him that I called more than 3 times after that and no gardai turned up to dealt with the problem. While we were speaking(at 2.00 in the afternoon), the gang was gathering in front of my house, I informed this to him. He told me that he can not do any thing because the incident happened lat night and that the gang did not commit any crimes RIGHT THIS MINUTE and in addition to that that they are just juveniles. I argued with him that according to The Criminal Justice Act 2006 which amending The Children act 2011, deals in part 13 with anti social behaviour by children: A child behaves in anti social manner if the child causes or is likely to cause to one or more persons who are not in the same household as the child: harassment, significant or persistent alarm, distress, fear or intimidation and/or significant or persistent impairment of their use or enjoyment of their property. This act gives full authority to the gardai to act. Desperate with what was happening; I called Gardai Ombudsman in relation to my complaint. They told me that senior officers are still studying my case and do not yet make decision on whether my case is admissible or not. Just to let you know that I received their acknowledgement on 3 October 2011, nearly a month ago.

As I have mentioned previously, now you understand our situation. The gardai are ignoring our calls. They will not turn up for our calls but they will turn up for someone elses call, even though they are aware of our problem. If this is not discrimination from the gardai toward us, I do not know what it is.
    the thing is here that the OP comes on with tale after tale over the past year or more about various incidents of anti social behaviou and seems only to contact the guards by 999....
    After about 9 months we were told by a superintendent from a different area that no more than 3 incidents had actually been logged in connection with our situation – we were then advised by a Garda (again not from this area) to ring 999 so that each call would be logged and the station bypassed.
    doesnt try any other tack depite the advice offered by locals and others, so I cant understand how this will progress

other tack…….. we have spoken to at least 16 different Gardai, 3 sergeants, an inspector and a superintendent.

Are these girls still hanging around the area harassing innocent people? Or have they squeezed out a few bastard children yet to get a nice free council house?

My husband has been led to believe by someone else that elements of both sentences are true.
    Worse still a Phadraig,the guilty parties in that particular case,were part of a larger grouping of youths well known to both local residents and Gardai for their constant anti-social activities in the area,adjacent as it was to one of the largest and best run Youth Clubs in Dublin....

And many of the ones harassing us are from the same place that those youths came from, in the same area as the murders happened, in the same Garda sub-district, headed by the same inspector, with the same police, the same community garda, and the same attitude from them.

In addition, as I mentioned in my first post on this thread, the heroin is still being sold by the same dealer, a minimum of a dozen times a day openly, without any effort to conceal it - even though a member of that same stations drug unit said that he knew who he was last March and would take action.

Utik: In addition, as I mentioned in my first post on this thread, the heroin is still being sold by the same dealer, a minimum of a dozen times a day openly, without any effort to conceal it - even though a member of that same stations drug unit said that he knew who he was last March and would take action.

Sadly Utik,in these matters it's often down to what's considered expedient on a broader scale.

Your heroin dealer may well be em..."of use" ...to the Gardai in other ways,which in a sense might explain the ability to carry on business without having to worry about the law....;)

I'm aware that some posters have reservations about your posts and the tone used,but I can actually fathom the situation you find yourself in,and it's a VERY lonely place indeed :(

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Ireland has been dying from Apathy for years and it does'nt take long to see it. It's INACTION comes from that.Ireland always was the sleepy outpost of europe.

• Advertisement

Utik wrote: »
    After about 9 months we were told by a superintendent from a different area that no more than 3 incidents had actually been logged in connection with our situation – we were then advised by a Garda (again not from this area) to ring 999 so that each call would be logged and the station bypassed.

other tack…….. we have spoken to at least 16 different Gardai, 3 sergeants, an inspector and a superintendent.

My husband has been led to believe by someone else that elements of both sentences are true.

And many of the ones harassing us are from the same place that those youths came from, in the same area as the murders happened, in the same Garda sub-district, headed by the same inspector, with the same police, the same community garda, and the same attitude from them.

In addition, as I mentioned in my first post on this thread, the heroin is still being sold by the same dealer, a minimum of a dozen times a day openly, without any effort to conceal it - even though a member of that same stations drug unit said that he knew who he was last March and would take action.

right so....and have you contacted any local politicians?...my thing is i'm also from the same area and my area most definitely isnt descending into chaos so im a bit puzzled...its as good (and as bad in spots) as it ever was

Right so....and have you contacted any local politicians?...my thing is i'm also from the same area and my area most definitely isnt descending into chaos so im a bit puzzled...its as good (and as bad in spots) as it ever was

Interesting comparisons Ciaran_h,but the question remains as to whether it has to be an "either-or" situation regarding the definition of chaos.

I do'nt live in the area,but usually travel through it twice or more daily and I often come across examples of the two opposites.

I could weave my way across several quiet,almost deserted resedential streets and cul-de-sac's only to come down to the shops and find two groups of feral youths savaging each other and (in my own case) delivering a few kicks to my car merely cos it prevented the capture of one of the opposing thugs....the savagery I personally witnessed was enough to get me out of there rapidly....but what was perhaps more depressing was the folk's in the Take-Away just gazing upon the scene and even laughing as the scene unfolded.

I have also encountered similar faction-fighting on the Red Line as it passed through the two more popular stops.

However,to counter that I also have many occasions to pass through the area without any occurences whatever.

I'm not so certain that anything can be take from these experiences to prove or disprove opposing posts relating to an area,but sadly the negative occurrences are an abberance and cannot ever be deemed sort-of,kind-of acceptable whereas a quiet peaceful journey free from abuse or threat is an Absolute Democratic Right of every citizen and we need to be VERY careful in allowing that fundamental right to be chipped away in some vague quest for better understanding of marginalized people....:(

Although not directly relevant to this particular location,there is some interesting between-the-lines stuff to be taken from this account .....

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/just-14-gardai-on-duty-during-night-of-attacks-2927107.html

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Ciaran Noonan was walking with his cousin in Dublin in the middle of the afternoon, in broad daylight, when a car pulled up beside him, a bunch of guys jumped out, attacked him with an iron bar, and then pulled him into the car and drove away.
    The car was found in the basement of an apartment block in Meath with blood all over the inside of it. They hadn't even bothered to get rid of the forensics. The guy's body was found last night dumped in a field.

This case absolutely horrified and shocked me. Not because of the incident itself, but because these guys were so fearless. They believed they could beat the sh!t out of a guy in broad daylight in front of tons of witnesses, kill him, leave the car, with its reg plates on and all the forensics intact, and face no consequences.

It terrifies me to my soul. If people think they can get away with stuff like this, our country really is in a very, very bad state indeed.

And I have to ask how much police time is wasted by useless nanny state crap like people smoking weed in their own homes or having a few beers outside at a beach or green (which is illegal in Dublin).

Furthermore, even if people ARE busted for this stuff how likely is it that they'll get a "suspended sentence" (read: Get off scott free) or some such bullsh!t?

We have messed up priorities, and a totally defunct legal system to deal with the tiny minority of actual criminals who ARE caught in the net.

Hell, just look at the fraud that's gone on in the banking sector and ask yourself, why has nobody been charged with any offenses four years on?

You can get up on your high horse all you want. But in the real world this is a common problem everywhere. It has not been properly addressed by politicians via social policy and legislation. These people look for a target and if you give them the enjoyment they want they will come back. It's simple really.

Arrested them for what?

The only criminal act there is the use of a firework. It would not be possible to arrest for it as there is no evidence and the identity of the one who threw it is not known.

I think you should look up the legislation you think these crimes fall under.

Throwing stones is not a life threatening situation. The op never mentioned the window being broken either. I would barrage of items was as the op described there would be at least some damage. Throwing stones is not a crime by the way.

Sorry but are you implying vandalism of private property isn't illegal?

Sorry but are you implying vandalism of private property isn't illegal?

That's what I felt Hatrickpatrick,I hope it's not the implication but if so then it's a perfect example of the "Broken Pane" syndrome in action......First the pane,then the window,then the wall,then the building,then the area etc etc....:(

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Interesting comparisons Ciaran_h,but the question remains as to whether it has to be an "either-or" situation regarding the definition of chaos.

I do'nt live in the area,but usually travel through it twice or more daily and I often come across examples of the two opposites.

I could weave my way across several quiet,almost deserted resedential streets and cul-de-sac's only to come down to the shops and find two groups of feral youths savaging each other and (in my own case) delivering a few kicks to my car merely cos it prevented the capture of one of the opposing thugs....the savagery I personally witnessed was enough to get me out of there rapidly....but what was perhaps more depressing was the folk's in the Take-Away just gazing upon the scene and even laughing as the scene unfolded.

I have also encountered similar faction-fighting on the Red Line as it passed through the two more popular stops.

However,to counter that I also have many occasions to pass through the area without any occurences whatever.

I'm not so certain that anything can be take from these experiences to prove or disprove opposing posts relating to an area,but sadly the negative occurrences are an abberance and cannot ever be deemed sort-of,kind-of acceptable whereas a quiet peaceful journey free from abuse or threat is an Absolute Democratic Right of every citizen and we need to be VERY careful in allowing that fundamental right to be chipped away in some vague quest for better understanding of marginalized people....:(

Although not directly relevant to this particular location,there is some interesting between-the-lines stuff to be taken from this account .....

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/just-14-gardai-on-duty-during-night-of-attacks-2927107.html

:eek:

yeah fair comment....the shops in question are the scene of a lot of anti social behaviour - and to my mind the result of dublin ciy council housing section relocating problem families to that part of the area a few years ago leaving a critical mass of scumbags down there

• Advertisement

Ciaran Noonan was walking with his cousin in Dublin in the middle of the afternoon, in broad daylight, when a car pulled up beside him, a bunch of guys jumped out, attacked him with an iron bar, and then pulled him into the car and drove away.
    The car was found in the basement of an apartment block in Meath with blood all over the inside of it. They hadn't even bothered to get rid of the forensics. The guy's body was found last night dumped in a field.

This case absolutely horrified and shocked me. Not because of the incident itself, but because these guys were so fearless. They believed they could beat the sh!t out of a guy in broad daylight in front of tons of witnesses, kill him, leave the car, with its reg plates on and all the forensics intact, and face no consequences.

It terrifies me to my soul. If people think they can get away with stuff like this, our country really is in a very, very bad state indeed.

And I have to ask how much police time is wasted by useless nanny state crap like people smoking weed in their own homes or having a few beers outside at a beach or green (which is illegal in Dublin).

Furthermore, even if people ARE busted for this stuff how likely is it that they'll get a "suspended sentence" (read: Get off scott free) or some such bullsh!t?

We have messed up priorities, and a totally defunct legal system to deal with the tiny minority of actual criminals who ARE caught in the net.

Hell, just look at the fraud that's gone on in the banking sector and ask yourself, why has nobody been charged with any offenses four years on?
    They actually returned later that night to burn out the car, panicked and burned out a similar car in a different part of the car park. Thus leaving the car they used as a DNA goldmine for the Gardai!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Can't imagine Gardai would have the resources to do DNA on that level of crime. Solving those type of crimes really relies on the community passing information, not hi tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

edanto wrote: »
    Can't imagine Gardai would have the resources to do DNA on that level of crime. Solving those type of crimes really relies on the community passing information, not hi tech.
    DNA isnt exactly hi-tech at this stage and it isnt all that expensive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    DNA isnt exactly hi-tech at this stage and it isnt all that expensive either.
    Its only going to get worse over the next few years OP. This country is going down fast.

Yeah I'd heard that, wasn't sure if it was confirmed. The point is though, what kind of society are we living in where people believe they can do something like that in broad daylight and face absolutely no consequences over it?

What kind of society are we living in where people like Seanie can do what they did and feel no fear of justice?

Not specifically blaming the Gardai for any of this, IMO it's the entire system, the police, the courts, the politicians and our country's incredibly screwed up (a) priorities and (b) way of doing things which leads to the sort of society we have today.

• Advertisement

edanto wrote: »

Errrr on a murder? Why wouldn't they? Think were talking about Ciaran noonan (RIP) abduction in east wall and subsequent murder

BTW I asked last night and this is indeed something you could report to the Ombudsman, give that a try if it's really bad. "Neglect of duty".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Utik

hatrickpatrick, we have sent our complaint to the garda ombudsman 6 weeks ago and didnt hear anything from them since. I rang them after a month and they still did not make any decision on whether it is admissable or not.
    I will update daily incident on twitter: @theamrad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

No Guard, i can guarantee you dont pay my wages. Unless your in exports?

Do you export fertiliser?

Utik wrote: »
    hatrickpatrick, we have sent our complaint to the garda ombudsman 6 weeks ago and didnt hear anything from them since. I rang them after a month and they still did not make any decision on whether it is admissable or not.
    I will update daily incident on twitter: @theamrad.

And that helps you how?? I'm sure all the boardsies love reading it but that aside....

And how did you get on with drimnagh Res Assoc or politicians?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Look get real Guys:

Everybody knows that in the Guardai there exists a significant rump of hole pickers and lazy cnunts with minimal social skills.

Go into almost any garda station and you will be met by the following.

Dirty tattered notices sellotaped to grotty windows (standard civil service signage).

A fat unkempt member will waddle over to you from the day room from a table littered with papers and coffee cartons and licking the stub of a pencil will ask you gruffly what you want.

Three or four more equally unkempt members will wander in pick their holes and make inane enquiries as to what shift Tadgh / Mary is on etc.

Phones will be ringing incessantly but ignored by the "busy" guards.

That my friends is the typical Garda station....and you expect them to take on a shower of viscious ferral knacks......?

Get real my friends......

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

is to blame...if the call for Law and Order was loud and clear enough the politicians would have to deal with it.There is no collective sense of responsibility for the common good.Citizenship it's called.Apathy is our undoing as a nation.

Advertisement