Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 4 - Main Thread / General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

2 defeats there. PaddyBomb destroyed me 4-1, deservedly. That Guy was a little more fortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

are real madrid or spurs around now (premiership)

Yep, I'm on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Lost 4-1 to markontap there, was 1-1 within the first 5 minutes and stayed like that until half time, thought I was very unlucky though not to have at least one more goal. Before the 60 minute mark it was 3-1 so in desperation I switched to 3-5-2 and ultra attacking which left me wide open to attacks, Utd hit the post three times and had a few other good chances while I probably only made one chance myself, was lucky not to have lost by a couple of more goals

Got whooped 3-0 by Colly earlier. He was super efficient early on and very dangerous throughout. I'd like to think I had a decent game, but I made an absolute hames of every chance I fashioned and overall wasn't good enough. Good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

That's a no so!:D

Should be on after work tomorrow so between around 10.30pm - 12. Might even get on for half an hour between getting home from college and going to work between 4pm - 5pm. Need to get these done by Thursday night as I've a busy weekend and defo won't be onlin between Thurs night till Monday.

Sorry man I've been sick d last 2 days. I'll be on tomorrow evening after 5 if that suits you. I'll leave ya a message here to arrange a time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Gillysome wrote: »
    Sorry man I've been sick d last 2 days. I'll be on tomorrow evening after 5 if that suits you. I'll leave ya a message here to arrange a time

Not in work tomorrow and doubt I'll be arsed going to college so I'll be around from about 3pm till 11pm, will be out for an hour or two in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Kensutz
    Paddysnorch

I'll be on from 6pm but will be offline from 7pm until the Newcastle game is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Voltwad wrote: »
    2 defeats there. PaddyBomb destroyed me 4-1, deservedly. That Guy was a little more fortunate.

Deserved a draw at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Il be online tonight for my games against

Inter
    CSKA Moscow
    Chelsea

All in the Premiership

Not in work tomorrow and doubt I'll be arsed going to college so I'll be around from about 3pm till 11pm, will be out for an hour or two in between.

I'll get on about half 6. Hopefully I'll catch ya then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭hatchets27

Ac milan 0 chelsea 2.
    I literally gift wrapped the first goal by playing a free kick straight to drogba. After that I was always chasing the game. Very impressed with chelsea's defending. The Milan centre halves are more hale than pace. I'm sure one of them was overtaken by a snail at one stage. Still I was well beaten by the better team.

I'll get on about half 6. Hopefully I'll catch ya then

Grand, I'll head out before that so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

hatchets27 wrote: »
    Ac milan 0 chelsea 2.
    I literally gift wrapped the first goal by playing a free kick straight to drogba. After that I was always chasing the game. Very impressed with chelsea's defending. The Milan centre halves are more hale than pace. I'm sure one of them was overtaken by a snail at one stage. Still I was well beaten by the better team.

Ye might want to pop that result into the main league thread lads, just in case it is left here and not recorded.

Got beaten 2 nil by liverpool there. Happy to have kept the score respectible in fairness because gavin had loads of chances:pac: My transistion to manual isnt going as smoothly as id like:p Althou i got slightly better passing wise in the second half. Good game gavin, torres is going to cause alot of defences problems with his pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Fizman wrote: »
    Ye might want to pop that result into the main league thread lads, just in case it is left here and not recorded.

It was recorded

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

posted at the same time lprof! weird especially since we finished the game like an hour ago

Gavin, unlucky yesterday. It was tight enough until the sending off. Funny one too, looked like you were trying to tackle the man on the ball and accidentally took out another man running towards goal. I was nervous about the penalty, but I switched to Ronaldo and it was a straightforward affair, 4-0. 3 goals from 3 shots for the big man sealed the tie. I look forward to the return leg and I'm sure it will be a much tighter affair.

I played liverpoolrob today and what a cracker that was. I was 1-0 down from kick-off and genuinely thought I was going to be absolutely hammered, however it wasn't to be as I equalised almost immediately, just as I did both of the other times you took the lead, 3-3.

Still online for another while for my games with Chelsea and Inter in the premiership... drew 0-0 with colly few mins ago (only the 1 goal scored and 1 conceded in the league so far:pac:)

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Still online for another while for my games with Chelsea and Inter in the premiership... drew 0-0 with colly few mins ago (only the 1 goal scored and 1 conceded in the league so far:pac:)

You sound horrible :p

L'prof wrote: »
    You sound horrible :p

:pac: I am playing full manual though. Its not like I havent created the chances though, myself and colly missed around 15/16 chances between us in the last game so it wasnt your typical 0-0 draw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Is it possible to get worse at Fifa the more you play it? just lost 6-0 to Kramel (ManUtd) and every time he broke forward he got a goal,it was like my 2 centre halfs thought they were wing backs. i created my own chances too but just couldnt hit the net.
    Can be a very frustrating game sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

posted at the same time lprof! weird especially since we finished the game like an hour ago

one of you's should delete your post and thank the other post...
    makes it less confusing for theWools

Playing A.Madrid there.

Was 1-0 up.... into the second half, maybe 10mins in.

Cross to the near post, header goes into the ground and his keeper taps it with his hands, i get it at a tight angle turn with Robben onto his stronger left and hit it. It hits off the far post and rolls along the line where Gomez smashes it in.

Must say it was awful funny and very unlucky, but within 5 seconds of the ball hitting the net the loading bar pops up and his connection goes.

He's messaging me now saying how dare i accuse him of quitting etc....the timing off it coupled with the misfortune..... the game never froze once up to that.

The fact he went offline for a minute straight after shows it wasn't the EA servers anyway

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Quitting at only 2-0 down, give me a break. Why would I or anyone quit at 2-0 down!

I thought I'd re-post this again -

Just wondering what will be the situation with games freezing if that were to occur... is it definitely not a bug that is the cause? Not saying anyone here will do it if possible but you never know with some people. A lot of people are suffering from it seems from reading peoples comments here. *Still yet to play a 1vs1 online so I'm just going from comments.

Despite my terrible connection, my DNF was 0% on FIFA 10 in 70 odd games played.

You deserved the win GB. There's no denying that. But don't ever accuse me of quitting.

I lost my first online ranked match, funnily enough to Bayern Munich 3-1 just before playing you. I was 3-0 down inside 30 minutes. Go check my DNF%.

You can go to the COD boards and ask anyone who plays with me how crap my connection is. I knew once it went you'd go accusing me of quitting and tbf that's worse than losing as I pride myself on my DNF especially in FIFA 10 and 09.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

Playing A.Madrid there.

Cross to the near post, header goes into the ground and his keeper taps it with his hands, i get it at a tight angle turn with Robben onto his stronger left and hit it. It hits off the far post and rolls along the line where Gomez smashes it in.

Must say it was awful funny and very unlucky, but within 5 seconds of the ball hitting the net the loading bar pops up and his connection goes.

He's messaging me now saying how dare i accuse him of quitting etc....the timing off it coupled with the misfortune..... the game never froze once up to that.

The fact he went offline for a minute straight after shows it wasn't the EA servers anyway

If it was the 2nd half and the result in the league table on fifa went down as 3-0 to you then thats the result you get

Playing A.Madrid there.

Believe what you want lad. 2-0 only wasn't it? :rolleyes:

colly54 wrote: »
    If it was the 2nd half and the result in the league table on fifa went down as 3-0 to you then thats the result you get

.. and I immediately told him that he can have the 3-0. There is no disputing the result here. Just the crappy claims I quit which is BS.

Got beaten 2 nil by liverpool there. Happy to have kept the score respectible in fairness because gavin had loads of chances:pac: My transistion to manual isnt going as smoothly as id like:p Althou i got slightly better passing wise in the second half. Good game gavin, torres is going to cause alot of defences problems with his pace.

Ye first half I hit the post once and wasted two quality chances, second half you got back into it and were causing me problems, thought you were unlucky to get at least one back.
    L'prof wrote: »
    Gavin, unlucky yesterday. It was tight enough until the sending off. Funny one too, looked like you were trying to tackle the man on the ball and accidentally took out another man running towards goal. I was nervous about the penalty, but I switched to Ronaldo and it was a straightforward affair, 4-0. 3 goals from 3 shots for the big man sealed the tie. I look forward to the return leg and I'm sure it will be a much tighter affair.

It was like your player ran into the tackle, I was flipping fluming! Was a great game until that poxy sending off after that it was easy strolling for you. Looking forward to the returnleg too, that friendly today was decent, even if you do hand me the ball, nearly literally!:D

Quitting at only 2-0 down, give me a break. Why would I or anyone quit at 2-0 down!

I don't really know.... i don't know anyone here so someone pulling their ethernet connection wouldn't be the craziest thing i've seen/heard.

But given the craziness of the goal and the fact it had you in trouble with time running out, the timing seemed rather.... coincidental should we say.

I've pulled my cable out before playing ranked, you get mad **** happens... i know that better then anyone(never quit a league game though for the record)
    Believe what you want lad. 2-0 only wasn't it? :rolleyes:

Defend yourself all you want, tbh i don't really give a **** if you quit as long as you don't try a ''it wasn't my connection i want a rematch from 0-0'' type of reply which you didn't. I'm not the type who hates people quitting, it doesn't bother me but i felt it needed mentioning until you clarified. But don't start any partionizing ''lad'' ****, you don't know me so don't try to talk down on me.
    .. and I immediately told him that he can have the 3-0. There is no disputing the result here. Just the crappy claims I quit which is BS.

For the record you made no mention of giving me the result, if you said straight away ''sorry my bad, **** it take the win'' that would have been fine, but you tried to defend yourself so i didn't know what you were going to try say on here(i.e it was the servers....his connection-not mine etc...). I'd have given you the time back again(2-0 me from the 55th min etc....) but you just decided to talk about how i shouldn't accuse you of quitting....which i wasn't as such, just i'd be an idiot to not think it given the timing off it.

• Advertisement

It was early 2nd half :rolleyes: No, I didn't remove any cables. Nothing.

You posted
    quitting
    immediately to once I was disconnected from EA servers. Again why would I quit at 2-0 down is beyond me!

You might want to check before claiming I never gave you the 3-0 win. It's in my sent box so it's in your inbox for sure.
    ****, have 3-0 win, i honestly lost connection

Right now my connection is moderate which might go some way of explaining things I'm not sure. It's always open and was before I played you.

I will apologize for patronizing you.

Advertisement