Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 4 - Main Thread / General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

This is what happened to me and philt..
    I was beating him 2-1 and his connection went ...
    Replay finished 0-0 :o
    There should be some rule where as the player who was winning should start with whatever goal advantage they have if the connection goes in the first half

You might want to check before claiming I never gave you the 3-0 win. It's in my sent box so it's in your inbox for sure.

I have rechecked my inbox and no message contains any talk of giving me the win or admitting your connection went. Which is why i posted what happened here. I didn't know what way you were going to play it so said i'd give my side of it.(could reprint them here but i don't see the point as there are 4 of them and it's not really relevant what they say anyway, but i did recheck and don't see the lines you posted here.)

edit: think you mean on PSN...the message i sent was ''quitting :\''.... the face stands in for ?..... it wasn't a statement it was a question

I also never accused you of quitting, you took one word- quitting- and quoted it, the only line i can it came from is ''he started messaging saying i was accusing him of quitting .

I just said what it looked like, i'd be a fool for thinking otherwise, yes it was only 2-0 it was more the manner of my lucky goal that made me think you left, it was a calamity, i'd have been raging in your position.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I wouldn't mind that happening but at the same time, I have no quarrels about being beaten by the better player on the day. He fully deserved the win and I gave him the win despite his claims I didn't on PSN.

I reacted to the immediate comment from him saying I basically quit without giving me a chance to explain. His mind was clearly made up. I've played through many a bad lag over the last 3 years of FIFA just so I could finish a match and no. I've quit twice. Both in FIFA 09.

Like I said above, I pride myself in my DNF as much as my results and I cannot stress that enough. I was 3-0 down in the 1st half 30 minutes before playing him. Yet did I quit? Not a chance.

I just don't want some black mark over my head(probably is now) because someone is adamant I quit. In my book, cheating is as bad as quitting especially if there are no circumstances that are affecting play such as lag. No two ways about it.

I'd be lying if I were to say that I'am not annoyed, but I'll leave it there anyway. Well played GB. You deserved the win.

I have rechecked my inbox and no message contains any talk of giving me the win or admitting your connection went. Which is why i posted what happened here. I didn't know what way you were going to play it so said i'd give my side of it.(could reprint them here but i don't see the point as there are 4 of them and it's not really relevant what they say anyway, but i did recheck and don't see the lines you posted here.)

I also never accused you of quitting, you took one word- quitting- and quoted it, the only line i can it came from is ''he started messaging saying i was accusing him of quitting .

I just said what it looked like, i'd be a fool for thinking otherwise, yes it was only 2-0 it was more the manner of my lucky goal that made me think you left, it was a calamity, i'd have been raging in your position.

23.20, 2 minutes before you posted your 1st message tonight.

Look harder. If you want, we can take this to PM or I'll post a pic here if needed. I'm not fussed either way. Your call. I'm not being made to look like a liar as well as supposedly a quitter too when I have no done nowt wrong.

If I yanked my ethernet cable out then why would I be still signed into PSN? Again I'm repeating myself, I was signed out EA servers first and then gradually PSN. I immediately signed back in to find my firewall was moderate which it never is. Anyone who has played on strict(NAT 3) or moderate(NAT 2) connection knows how unpredictable gaming can be and the likelihood of disconnecting is very common.

Proof in pics that I did send the message him to say he could have the 3-0 win which he apparently didn't receive supposedly -
    http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2959/ade1.jpg
    http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/6351/ade2.jpg

Good open match played vs Capajoma just there, no constant sitting back and counter malark which I've encountered a lot namely in club recently.

Went 1up early through Aguero then I proceeded to give him a goal. It was wrapped up for him and everything :p:o He scored another with Villa(I think it was) and then Forlan took over and left his mark with a great hat trick.

He was a bit unlucky at one point where the ball hit the post and then the back off my keeper before rolling just wide but going back a match, I think I deserved some luck plus I missed two fairly routine finishes. One in particular with Forlan that had me less than bemused :pac:

Good game mate. Look forward to the 2nd leg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Losing 2-0'in the first half before a disconnection, that's a replay, no? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Just a quick check in guys, vegas going good and im actually up money.. :) I'll be back on Saturday so I'll have everything updated by Monday..

Fixtures will be posted on Saturday.

Make sure everyone has played at least 4 games by Monday please otherwise points will be deducted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

thewools wrote: »
    Just a quick check in guys, vegas going good and im actually up money.. :) I'll be back on Saturday so I'll have everything updated by Monday..

Make sure everyone has played at least 4 games by Monday please otherwise points will be deducted.

You're obviously not doing it right. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Any hookers??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Back from a few days away so ready to catch up on games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 joshhbk

More connection woes. In about the 82nd minute of me and Neil PB's Lyon vs Man City (1-0 City) game in League 1, there appears to have been some kind of lapse in the space-time continuum. In my version I then went on to score with Kallstrom and equalise before playing out a 1-1 draw, in his the game froze and unfroze with him through on goal, leading him to being 2-0 up when his version crashed in the 90th minute. My game finished but immediately crashed itself into the players doing some kind of eternal warm up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrzzbwU_dI0

Because neither of us got disconnected as such, I don't think a loss either way is fair. I'll happily take a draw or a rematch, but would obviously be unimpressed if it went down as a loss on my end (or his, not that that's in question).

• Registered Users Posts: 19 joshhbk

We played a rematch just now in order to get it out of the way in case it was ruled we should play again, I lost 2-1, which I'll happily take as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any idea of when another League Season will be starting as I'd be interested in joining?

Paully D wrote: »
    Any idea of when another League Season will be starting as I'd be interested in joining?

In about 6 weeks time I'd say, give or take.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

joshhbk wrote: »
    More connection woes. In about the 82nd minute of me and Neil PB's Lyon vs Man City (1-0 City) game in League 1, there appears to have been some kind of lapse in the space-time continuum. In my version I then went on to score with Kallstrom and equalise before playing out a 1-1 draw, in his the game froze and unfroze with him through on goal, leading him to being 2-0 up when his version crashed in the 90th minute. My game finished but immediately crashed itself into the players doing some kind of eternal warm up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrzzbwU_dI0

Because neither of us got disconnected as such, I don't think a loss either way is fair. I'll happily take a draw or a rematch, but would obviously be unimpressed if it went down as a loss on my end (or his, not that that's in question).[/QUOTE
    Same thing happened me when I played colly. A new FIFA with even more bugs than the previous version....... You have to love it

Man City around at any stage today?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

dungdoc (Gavin "shels") - Liverpool
    colly54 (colly54) - CSKA Moscow
    swarlez (liverpoolrob) - Inter Milan

Lads I'm around till half 4 today, then I won't be able to play till Friday.

I'm going to chase down the lads I have left to play this evening. Been on most of the week and no sign of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CapRooney

anyone need to play Arsenal in League 1 i'll be around all day. just pm me on boards and i'll hop onto the ps3!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

CapRooney wrote: »
    anyone need to play Arsenal in League 1 i'll be around all day. just pm me on boards and i'll hop onto the ps3!!!

Try PMing them ;)

You have 4 outstanding fixtures to play and need to play 2 minimum by today otherwise you will be penalised..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I'm online now if any one in the Championship needs to play me.

I should be around for a bit if thewools or colly want to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭markontap

kensutz wrote: »
    I'm going to chase down the lads I have left to play this evening. Been on most of the week and no sign of them.

I'm online if you're about.

markontap wrote: »
    I'm online if you're about.

I'll be on in about half an hour. Just grabbing some dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I'll be on later tonight, for any of my outstanding games.

Whycliff (joc203) Liverpool - Championship

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭markontap

No bother, I'm about anyway so no rush

Man City - philt27 - Philt27
    Man United - Gillysome - Gillysome
    Zenit St. Petersburg - Uroboric - Töpher

When are ye around? Won't get on myself this evening.

L'prof wrote: »
    When are ye around? Won't get on myself this evening.

Does tomoro evening about 6 suit you? Wont get on tonight either and im working tomoro

Gillysome wrote: »
    Does tomoro evening about 6 suit you? Wont get on tonight either and im working tomoro

If I don't make it to the gym then that'll be fine, I'll let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I'll be on about 11ish tomorrow night if that suits, L'prof? Or I'll probably be available at some stage before 3:30 tomorrow afternoon, if that's any better?

Advertisement