Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 4 - Main Thread / General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Righto, not sure when I'll be around work and possibly paintballing, should be able to play Friday from about 2pm-4pm at least, that suit?

No don't think I'll be home till about 5 on Friday. I'm around after 6 on Saturday evening or anytime before 5 on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Played Gillysome tonight and finally broke my drawing duck with a 2-1 win:cool: Pretty scrappy game between the two of us (prob know each others game too well:pac:). But I took the lead through a towering Crouch headed goal from that man Gareth Bales whipped in corner and basically I had the upper hand for most of the game, but nethin really in it either until this happened...

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/46416089

Best goal Ive scored yet on fifa 11, even more satisfying considering the computer ai had nowt to do with it.... I mUst start Modric in the middle from now on though, links well with VDV.. Ive reached double figures now, hopefully I wont fall apart like I did in the last league:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Philly_C wrote: »
    No don't think I'll be home till about 5 on Friday. I'm around after 6 on Saturday evening or anytime before 5 on Sunday.

Cool, maybe 7pm on Saturday or 4pm Sunday. We'll sort it out closer the time, all I know is I might be around between 5-7 Saturday and before I go to work at 5 on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

Gillysome wrote: »
    I've to play you man. U around tomoro evening? Don't think I'll get bk on tonight
    Hey gilly - ill be on later yea - id say about 8-9pm and maybe after 10pm again..u be round then??

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Played Gillysome tonight and finally broke my drawing duck with a 2-1 win:cool: Pretty scrappy game between the two of us (prob know each others game too well:pac:). But I took the lead through a towering Crouch headed goal from that man Gareth Bales whipped in corner and basically I had the upper hand for most of the game, but nethin really in it either until this happened...

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/46416089

Best goal Ive scored yet on fifa 11, even more satisfying considering the computer ai had nowt to do with it.... I mUst start Modric in the middle from now on though, links well with VDV.. Ive reached double figures now, hopefully I wont fall apart like I did in the last league:pac:

Can't see you falling away this time man. Brilliant goal too. Your definitely getting the hang of manual now. Hadnt got the balls to play manual against you partly due to rustiness and wanting to keep the score respectable. As much as you've improved on manual if ya played any way assisted at all you'd win the league hands down:D

• Advertisement

Philt27 wrote: »
    Hey gilly - ill be on later yea - id say about 8-9pm and maybe after 10pm again..u be round then??

Sound Philly I'll be on about 8 too so I'll catch you then

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

League 1:

ornein9 - Atletico

You around today? I'll be on between 2.30 and 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭hatchets27

Is liverpoolrob around tonight or tmrw. (inter Milan) added him as a friend last Sunday but nothing back.
    Phil 27 I'm due my usual beating from you and then we can play our match. I will be on tmrw night deffo Phil for your usual 3 points

Philt27 wrote: »

I might catch ya then too Philt... ur City ya:confused: I requested ya on PSN yesterday anyhow... Swarlez (Inter) around by chance either?? Thats my outstanding game from last week

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

The Cool One
    That_Guy
    T-b0n3
    whycliff

I'll be on tonight some time after 9 if any of ye are around

• Advertisement

I might catch ya then too Philt... ur City ya:confused: I requested ya on PSN yesterday anyhow... Swarlez (Inter) around by chance either?? Thats my outstanding game from last week
    hey man - ill be on now for an hour or so..

hatchets27 wrote: »
    Is liverpoolrob around tonight or tmrw. (inter Milan) added him as a friend last Sunday but nothing back.
    Phil 27 I'm due my usual beating from you and then we can play our match. I will be on tmrw night deffo Phil for your usual 3 points
    hey jofus - i wont be on tomorrow - pron wont be on again til sat at ome stage - ill be in touch - and im not too sure about the deffo 3 pointer - im not great at the aul fifa11 yet - not that i was at 10 either - wel see i f ur hoodoo continues!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

im on now if anyone is around? im inter milan (swarlez) and i need to play spurs, man city, ac milan, arsenal and athletico madrid in the premiership.

Just played philit27 there....got murdered 4-0:p Played some of the worst tripe ive ever played too:pac: I taught that playing a few manual games and then swithching back to manual would help before the game. Needless to say it didnt, could string 2 passes together and you could drive a tank thru my defence:eek: Nearly could have left it on manual for the experience:) Well done philly thou, tore me to shreds:o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Lost again, genuinely feel like throwing in the towel after the muck I've dished out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

You were unlucky L'prof, hitting one off the post early on, and up against a team playing with a mentality of "if it's not in our half, they can't score!". Plus I was time wasting with the keeper from the first time he laid hands on the ball! Sorry, but it had to be done! The goal was unlucky as well, though I'll most definitely take it! I still can't place manual shots so it was a case of roughly face the goal and hammer it as hard as it'll let me, the parry from Casillas was unlucky that it fell nicely on the head of the 6'4" monster that happened to be there.

Both teams had chances to add to the score, personally I was horrified at dropping a cross neatly onto the head of the diminuitive stature of Byrstov 4 yards from goal and watching the ball sail out for nearly a throw in! :o

That result keeps me within touching distance of some of the teams at the bottom, so I'm happy enough. 4pts from the last 2 games is a marked improvement on my early showings, two clean sheets in a row is a big plus.

Töpher wrote: »
    You were unlucky L'prof, hitting one off the post early on, and up against a team playing with a mentality of "if it's not in our half, they can't score!". Plus I was time wasting with the keeper from the first time he laid hands on the ball! Sorry, but it had to be done! The goal was unlucky as well, though I'll most definitely take it! I still can't place manual shots so it was a case of roughly face the goal and hammer it as hard as it'll let me, the parry from Casillas was unlucky that it fell nicely on the head of the 6'4" monster that happened to be there.

Both teams had chances to add to the score, personally I was horrified at dropping a cross neatly onto the head of the diminuitive stature of Byrstov 4 yards from goal and watching the ball sail out for nearly a throw in! :o

That result keeps me within touching distance of some of the teams at the bottom, so I'm happy enough. 4pts from the last 2 games is a marked improvement on my early showings, two clean sheets in a row is a big plus.

Nice summary, I'm just far too annoyed with myself to bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

L'prof wrote: »
    Nice summary, I'm just far too annoyed with myself to bother!

LOL.... :)

I have a feeling your PS3 controller may have had a close encounter with the wall???:pac:

thewools wrote: »
    LOL.... :)

I have a feeling your PS3 controller may have had a close encounter with the wall???:pac:

It should have!!! As soon as the game finished I wanted to shut everything down, but I wasn't sure if I'd run the risk of "quitting" the game by skipping all the menus, that made me even more angry :p

Well done Topher on yer 1st win... the all manual encounter between myself and yourself I expect will be happening soon:pac:

Btw Wools myself (Haunis87) and Philt27 had to replay our match with me winning 2-1 near the end and then my connection decided to die on me:rolleyes::rolleyes: I won the replay 1-0, just in case ya think Im pulling a sly one in the results thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Drew with Colly 0-0 a while ago. Probably was the right result. First 30 mins I couldn't get out of my half as Colly was pressing very high up the pitch. Came into it after that and had the best of the chances throughout but failed to convert again.

My three GW3 matches were against thewools, colly and Crodaidi. Happy to come out with 2 draws from that lot tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 The Dahmer

Hey, Im brand new to the forum. Ive been looking to join a laegue in Fifa 11 for ages.

Any chance I could get in on this one or are you all full up?

The Dahmer wrote: »
    Hey, Im brand new to the forum. Ive been looking to join a laegue in Fifa 11 for ages.

Any chance I could get in on this one or are you all full up?

Full Up - Season 5 to start in December. Sign Up for new players will be open around then so keep an eye on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

League 1:

-ornein9- - Atletico

Are you around today man? I'll be on between probably 4.30 and 7 today. Then all day tomorrow up until about half five. I'm away Fri, Sat, Sun night too so if we could get it doen today or tomorow?

Not many games have been played this gameweek so far in the Championship and League 1 guys... Get it sorted!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Well done Topher on yer 1st win... the all manual encounter between myself and yourself I expect will be happening soon:pac:

Sure it'll be soon enough, should be fun. Myself and Gillysome played out an all manual 0-0 earlier in the week, with it being painfully obvious both teams had manual shooting on - some good build up play let down by nothing short of atrocious finishing! :D

Im probably gonna regret this but was looking at the league table, Wools, and ya have me down as joint top with colly on 16 points. Just figured that Im really only on 14 points, that result ya put down between myself and Swarlez (Inter) ended 0-0 not 1-0 to me... honesty gets ya nowhere:o:pac:

Töpher wrote: »
    Sure it'll be soon enough, should be fun. Myself and Gillysome played out an all manual 0-0 earlier in the week, with it being painfully obvious both teams had manual shooting on - some good build up play let down by nothing short of atrocious finishing! :D

Like I told him, ye aim too much... thats all yer getting:D even though my shooting hasnt been great recently :pac:

Im probably gonna regret this but was looking at the league table, Wools, and ya have me down as joint top with colly on 16 points. Just figured that Im really only on 14 points, that result ya put down between myself and Swarlez (Inter) ended 0-0 not 1-0 to me... honesty gets ya nowhere:o:pac:

Cheers - I have updated... Cheers for the honesty! Updated it wrongly this morning... Me Bad!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 The Dahmer

Ok thanks, Il check back in December then!

Advertisement