Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 4 - Main Thread / General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

Philly_C wrote: »
    Actually I'm having an awful time with the EA servers. Keep getting disconnected. Probaly best to leave it till tomorrow to play the games. If it gets any better later I'll let yous know.

Should be around all day tomoro.....hopefully I'll get u then. What time suits u ?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Gillysome wrote: »
    Should be around all day tomoro.....hopefully I'll get u then. What time suits u ?

I'm working till 5 so anytime after 6 should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Back to normal tonight after 2 good results recently, thrashed in every match, whoop! :pac:

Couldn't hack Milan at all, I'm sticking with manual despite how shocking I am at the minute, and up against an all out 4-2-4 side I couldn't handle it. The pressure on my backline was immense, and getting out of my own half was a struggle, every pass Milan made seemed to stick and the players were turning on the spot, leaving my lads for dead every single time - sickening! :) Lost the first game 1-0 to a stunner of a Pato goal from 20 odd yards out, and thumped 5-1 or so in the second of two due fixtures.

Then colly thumped me 4-0, it was 1-0 until late on, with that goal oweing a considerable amount to good fortune; attempts to call the keeper resulted in the full back playing a through ball out of defence, snap shot stopped dead by one of his own strikers who must have only been milimetres onside, but my keeper had dived for the initial drive, leaving a simple turn and pass into the net. :o Pushed up the attacking mentality with about 20 to go and promptly got hit with identical balls over the top in the 78th, 80th, and 82nd minutes - not a good spell!

Fair play lads.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭hatchets27

And well played yourself zopher. Although Milan win both games u played on until the death and scored a nice goal in the second game. You took your defeats with dignity unlike some other people who don't even say well played win lose or draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

markontap wrote: »
    I'm down to play peepingtom (Werder Bremen) this week in the championship but he has removed himself from the league?? Haven't seen him posting on here either...

He Pm'd me to say that he wanted to pull out - I asked him to reconsider but no reply. He said he played a game with another league member which left a "sour taste" and wished that that the members were a "little more mature".

I hoped he would change his mind but obviously not!

I will change all his previous games and future fixtures as 3-0 losses.

• Advertisement

colly54 wrote: »
    Logged on to psn there and conco and philly both logged off in the last hour..
    Conco doesnt seem to be looking on this to organise our fixture
    Monday suit Colly? - I generally don't get on the PS3 at the weekends...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

thewools wrote: »
    He Pm'd me to say that he wanted to pull out - I asked him to reconsider but no reply. He said he played a game with another league member which left a "sour taste" and wished that that the members were a "little more mature".

I hoped he would change his mind but obviously not!

I will change all his previous games and future fixtures as 3-0 losses.

I sent you a PM a couple of weeks back I'm fairly sure.

I offered him a rematch once I clarified the situation with yourself. He was too lazy to do it himself and attempted to guilt trip me into one this numerous times repeating myself into me doing it. I was sick and tired of his incessant moaning I did it. He thought I was delaying or hoping he'd forget despite me telling him that I'll wait for yourself to get back from your holiday abroad before PM'ing you.

In short, I offered him a get out of jail card despite me being 1-0 to the good inside 5 minutes(with no lag) and he clung onto it. He questioned what do we do now. I was unsure and said get to half time in the hope things would improve We lagged bad from 15-35 minutes and it remained 1-0. The connection improved to a normal level a minute or two later.. he admitted that and I put him to the sword winning 4-1.

He said afterwards he wasn't happy about the connection, and I asked him why did he not say anything before or quit? He didn't have much of an answer to that.

Like I said, I was the one to first mention lag, not him. Offered the rematch but I wanted clarification as to the next step(whether we can play a rematch, will there be a schedule change and so on) is. I don't see anything wrong in that. He threw a strop and was frankly lazy IMO.

______

As for my matches. I'll be on from 5-6 today and on all day tomorrow except during the Liverpool match. I have organised to play with voltwad and more or less theflesh as well next time he's online. Missed him on Friday afternoon by a few minutes unfortunately for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 The Cool One

I think I have to play you too (Real Madrid). I'll be on today between 5 and 6, pretty sure you've already added me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

Jesus colly ur some moaner. Ill play u today. I have been on the last couple of days just missed u

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

Ill be on between 6 and 7 if u want to play then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Kensutz (Kensutz) - Inter Milan
    DCorkey (Bugg) - Man City
    Paddysnorch (theflesh) - Juventus
    joc203 (whycliff) - Liverpool

Any of the above available for a game today, Championship.

Let me know, I'll try stay on PSN for the after-noon.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭theflesh

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Kensutz (Kensutz) - Inter Milan
    DCorkey (Bugg) - Man City
    Paddysnorch (theflesh) - Juventus
    joc203 (whycliff) - Liverpool

Any of the above available for a game today, Championship.

Let me know, I'll try stay on PSN for the after-noon.

I can play now if you're around?

theflesh wrote: »
    I can play now if you're around?

Yea cool lets go, ill invite you now.

T-B0n3
    That_Guy

Just need to play you to get my fixtures up to date. I'm going online now, if you see me message me. Add me as Nalareg if you already haven't.

T-B0n3
    That_Guy

Just need to play you to get my fixtures up to date. I'm going online now, if you see me message me. Add me as Nalareg if you already haven't.

I can play you now if it suits?

GG btw the flesh. Was delighted to hang on in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

This weeks fixtures:
    dungdoc (Gavin "shels") - Liverpool
    colly54 (colly54) - CSKA Moscow
    swarlez (liverpoolrob) - Inter Milan

Next Week Fixtures:
    Gillysome (Gillysome) - Man United
    orrj2 (L'prof) - Real Madrid
    philt27 (Philt27) - Man City

Hey guys I'm around most of this evening if you want to play our games. I'm Arsenal btw.

You be around at 6.30pm?

Nice little touch in the results thread T-b0n3 :D

Ronaldo 3-0 AC Milan

He is my best player and I do use him a lot, but Kaka got the 3rd!

Nice little touch in the results thread T-b0n3 :D

Ronaldo 3-0 AC Milan

He is my best player and I do use him a lot, but Kaka got the 3rd!

You only use him! Yea but Ronaldo put it on a plate for him. :D

I know from playing against him that he's very tough to stop and has a sweet shot, so why not I thought. Özil is a bit too lightweight for my liking on the other side, so I try to hit Ronaldo as much as possible. It works though, I just can't believe Real Madrid were still available when I picked.

I know from playing against him that he's very tough to stop and has a sweet shot, so why not I thought. Özil is a bit too lightweight for my liking on the other side, so I try to hit Ronaldo as much as possible. It works though, I just can't believe Real Madrid were still available when I picked.

I would never pick them. I'm just sad Spurs were taken! I was very disappointed not to score, had some great chances, still can't finish very well on manual!

• Advertisement

colly54 (colly54) - CSKA Moscow
    swarlez (liverpoolrob) - Inter Milan

Next Week Fixtures:
    Gillysome (Gillysome) -Man United
    orrj2 (L'prof) - Real Madrid
    philt27 (Philt27) - Man City

Any of yous about?

Any of yous about?

Forgot I said I'd play ye today (well try), just about to head to work, you be about around 11pm - 12?

Fizman (Fizman) - Barcelona
    thewools (thewools) - Bayern Munich

You's be around tonight around 11pm? Otherwise I should be about after 6pm Monday and Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

I can play now if your around

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

God I despise the high through ball!

Couldn't do anything about it with Atleti's defence being so immobile and slow vs Iaquinta's pace and power in my league match earlier. It was just a bombardment of them.

Admittedly I was very sluggish. Haven't played 1vs1's in a good while but nonetheless I was poor in attack despite taking the lead.

Match finished 3-1 loss.

Lost my 2nd match in online ranked just before that through pure counter and high through ball as well.

Very frustrating losing that way. Next league that gets going I'll sure as hell be picking a stronger(physical) team if there isn't going to be a star restriction(really wished we had one tbh).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

God I despise the high through ball!

Couldn't do anything about it with Atleti's defence being so immobile and slow vs Iaquinta's pace and power in my league match earlier. It was just a bombardment of them.

Admittedly I was very sluggish. Haven't played 1vs1's in a good while but nonetheless I was poor in attack despite taking the lead.

Match finished 3-1 loss.

Lost my 2nd match in online ranked just before that through pure counter and high through ball as well.

Very frustrating losing that way. Next league that gets going I'll sure as hell be picking a stronger(physical) team if there isn't going to be a star restriction(really wished we had one tbh).
    You free to play out match now?

I hat the lobbed through pass too, ths guy who plays as Juve in our league does use them alot though IIRC. One of the goals was horrendous defending by me, but the other 3 were all from lobbed through passes, impossible to defend sometimes.

A way to attempt to counter it is to drop a CB really deep and hold the 2nd man pressure button. Obviously you're playing everyone offside, but it negates the ball over the top, which is too effective in the game.

Forgot I said I'd play ye today (well try), just about to head to work, you be about around 11pm - 12?
    colly54 wrote: »
    I can play now if your around

Sorry lads I had to head at 4 and I'm back in Dublin now so can't play. Guess I'm going to get docked points! Lovely:pac:

You's be around tonight around 11pm? Otherwise I should be about after 6pm Monday and Tuesday.

Ill be on soon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I should be on for a while anyway.

Advertisement