Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 4 - Main Thread / General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Can play my games any time for the next few days, after Thursday I be only able to play after 7pm or so.
      AC Milan - Adam-88-S (T-b0n3)
      Werder Bremen - p_eepingtom (peepingtom)
      Athletico Madrid - Ade_LFC_Alves (Adnan Alves)

I'll send yous PMs now to arrange thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

DCorkey
    Krameel67
    Nalareg

I'll be free Thursday (early evening), Friday (before 2pm) and all day Saturday.

Hope that suits, hard to fit this in around college and work but should be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 The Cool One

Thursday evening suits me fine Voltwad. (I'm Nalareg BTW)

If Capajoma or Tribal_Army want to play me tonight, I'm available from now, until tonight. Sent you all friend requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

• Arsenal - AC Milan joe2772 (hatchets27)
    • Arsenal - Zenit St. Petersburg Uroboric (Topher)
    • Arsenal -Atletico Madrid conco27 (alanc2003)
    Lads for the time being I don't have access to a PS3 during the week so I can only play Friday - Sunday. Times I can play are Friday 5-7 and after 10, Saturday after 6 and Sunday before 6.

The Wools, Friday ok for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

The freezing is getting unbearable at the moment... in H2H anyway...

Im free untill 8.30pm if anyone is around to play me..

pool motely-cruise
    citeh waxand****e
    lyon joshhbk

are my fixtures for this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Philly_C wrote: »
    Lads for the time being I don't have access to a PS3 during the week so I can only play Friday - Sunday. Times I can play are Friday 5-7 and after 10, Saturday after 6 and Sunday before 6.

The Wools, Friday ok for you?

Not sure - Im away on the holidays on Saturday. Might have to dash to the shops after work. I'll let u know closer to Friday though!

I'l be back online around 11 tonight if anyonw fancies a game... me busted thumb can just about manage the analog stick so happy days!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Philly_C wrote: »

Friday's a non-runner for me as I'll be down in Limerick for the evening, but should be on at some stage after work on Saturday/Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

1st game down, chelsea v r madrid, both teams found it hard to break down the defences ended 1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Do these count as ranked games (I'm pathetically wondering if I'll get the stats breakdown email from EA after the games)?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 The Cool One

Lost 3-1 to Gilberto Eire. He battered me in the 1st half, but I took it in at half time 0-0. I thought I was the better team in the early stages of the 2nd half, but he broke me down eventually to lead 1-0. I equalised almost immediately and then got caught passing around at the back to go 2-1 down. I conceeded another when I switched to offensive and deservedly got beat 3-1.

If this is Championship quality, I fear what's in the Premier League!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Töpher wrote: »
    Do these count as ranked games (I'm pathetically wondering if I'll get the stats breakdown email from EA after the games)?.

You won't, I had that set up with Fifa 10 and didn't get any stats for matches against friends or in the leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Going to add all the Premiership lads I don't already have on PSN at around 9 incase you're wondering who dungdoc is.:D

Lost 3-1 to Gilberto Eire. He battered me in the 1st half, but I took it in at half time 0-0. I thought I was the better team in the early stages of the 2nd half, but he broke me down eventually to lead 1-0. I equalised almost immediately and then got caught passing around at the back to go 2-1 down. I conceeded another when I switched to offensive and deservedly got beat 3-1.

Bayern Munich 3-1 Real Madrid

Tough game, considering this an open rank match and i've a win rate of 4/5:1 in the past 4/5 FIFA's i was lucky to win this game. I'm sure Nalareg will have no trouble through the rest of his games.

He had the better of the early chances, two headers that were close, i then had a header off the post.

Second half i got a cross into Gomez and he finished it, that goal is why i wanted Bayern, i use them more then in any team in the game(Chelsea and Madrid would be better but i get put off picking teams in these games that are whored-Spain in national too), as i have two fairly quick forwards and two of the best wingers in the game.
    Nalareg pulled one back fairly soon after and i felt a draw was coming. But i managed to pull off a fake shot around his defender with Klose and score with 15 left, another through ball soon after and finish ended any chance of a comeback.

So three goals in the bag and none from a lofted through ball :cool:

Nice to get off to a good start as i won't have as many hard games as that going on averages

EDIT:

Nah this won't be the general standard of this division, i'm a fairly high rank. My win ration since FIFA 08 has always been 4/5:1. Could always have been higher but i never pick the best teams and vary my selections, i always team match no matter what star the other person wants.

thewools wrote: »
    Bayern are a bit meh...

:eek:

I think Bayern are as good as anyone in this.

You get arguably the best midfield in the game, two fast wingers with crossing ability, a good box to box attacking player and a strong DM.

Two fairly fast strikers who are strong and lethal in the air.

Two strong, fairly quick CB's(demichalas in for that other fella i can't even name) who are good in the air, and as good as a wing back in Lahm... the tricky part is the LB position, the starting one is muck, you need to put in Pranic for him, I wouldn't have even taught of trying it(don't like placing players in positions that drop their stats considerably) except i remember seeing him actually playing there(maybe PES demo?) and he works there fine, very quick, can cross it as good as a winger and can tackle fine.
    He shows as 68 but he's effective there and still higher stats then the starting LB

IMO they have all outlets covered, you can go down the wings or through the middle, your wing backs are good enough to overlap and cross too and your CB's can handle crosses against you fairly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Full Team Listings:

Premiership (14)

Haunis87 (Fowler87) - Tottenham Hotspurs
    orrj2 (L'prof) - Real Madrid
    joe2772 (hatchets27) - AC Milan

Lads I'll probably be online around 10.30 or 11 later for games.

:eek:

I think Bayern are as good as anyone in this.
    I was only playing around; well familar with Bayern.

Not sure who my two front men should be yet though.. Klose, Muller, Olic or Gomez or even Robben.. All have their pros and cons!! :confused:

thewools, be on shortly. Watching Spartacus!

I was only playing around; well familar with Bayern.

Not sure who my two front men should be yet though.. Klose, Muller, Olic or Gomez or even Robben.. All have their pros and cons!! :confused:

Easily Gomez, he nearly matches for Olic in every department, only severely behind in stamina, but then he has better finishing and aerial ability and also poaching(air and feet inside the box) trait, Olic only has the engine one and his heading is muck.

If i was in a tight game though and near the end i'd switch both strikers with the subs, but defo go for Gomez/Klose.

I'd leave Robben in midfield, i play with a narrow 3 in the middle- ACM, LCM DM and leave Ribery wide right, i found he wasn't as much use centrally as Robben was so just use the right mainly to attack for crosses with lahm supporting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

swarlez or Uroboric around today from around 6 till around midnight?

Won't be on again tonight, gonna be around possibly tomorrow for a bit around 5-10pm, Wednesday 5-12pm and Thursday I should be around from 6-12pm. After that I won't be around for the weekend, know I'll get my game with Uroboric done, can't see swarlez match being played tbh.

• Advertisement

Bah, hammered there. Thing is, I actually had some good chances, but woolsie never misses so it didn't matter in the end! Well played.

L'prof wrote: »
    Bah, hammered there. Thing is, I actually had some good chances, but woolsie never misses so it didn't matter in the end! Well played.

Cheers, you will always have plenty of chances with Rocket Ronnie up front - my centre defense were in slow motion some times while he flew by...

You easily could have scored more - but so could have I :P

I tried a new line out for this one, might keep it for a few games..

Cheers, you will always have plenty of chances with Rocket Ronnie up front - my centre defense were in slow motion some times while he flew by...

You easily could have scored more - but so could have I :P

I tried a new line out for this one, might keep it for a few games..

I was surprised by how many chances I had to be honest, I know Ronaldo contributes to that, just a pity I manage to cancel out and advantage he gives me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Thursday evening suits me fine Voltwad. (I'm Nalareg BTW)

If Capajoma or Tribal_Army want to play me tonight, I'm available from now, until tonight. Sent you all friend requests.
    Good stuff I'll catchy you about teatime on Thursday!

There's plenty of good players in the Champo this year thats for sure. You may not meet many more as good as Gilberto though.

Its a pity that RobbieSavage and GSLOANER316 didn't join up after initially showing interest... Would have made Gilberto fight a bit harder :) All top 40 players ranked in Ireland along withself last time I checked.. ;)

All top 40 players ranked in Ireland along withself last time I checked.. ;)

Don't feel as bad now!

There's plenty of good players in the Champo this year thats for sure. You may not meet many more as good as Gilberto though.

Its a pity that RobbieSavage and GSLOANER316 didn't join up after initially showing interest... Would have made Gilberto fight a bit harder :) All top 40 players ranked in Ireland along withself last time I checked.. ;)

Ya my rank as it is, is as far as it goes from now on, i've officially ''retired'' from ranked matches. :pac:

I'm enjoying unranked now, most are willing to pick lower star teams and i can even try crap teams against 5* which i wouldn't have bothered doing in ranked. Also any annoying play out of them and i can just quit out. Have yet to come across an annoying momentum game too so it's a much more pleasant experience.

The league will be my only source of competitive FIFA and unlike last year i got my 1st pick of team too which makes it more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

L'prof wrote: »
    Don't feel as bad now!

Fancy playing now?

Might go down that road myself - sick of playing Real, Chelsea and Barca every game..

• Advertisement

Might go down that road myself - sick of playing Real, Chelsea and Barca every game..

Ya i've seldom played them in unranked games. I've even got to use teams like Bolton/Wigan and played matches teams for those i never played against either.
    You still get the odd knob who still picks a 5* but since you need to use the lobbies to find unranked they're usually **** and beatable with some muck team for a challenge :)

Nothing to really gain from playing ranked as i know my level already, add in the boosters and level 1 hunters and the leaderboards don't mean anything anyway as there are always countless numbers ahead of you that you'd beat. Also kiss bye bye to those people who freeze the game and pass it around defence as you can just quit out.

Advertisement