Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 4 - Main Thread / General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

swarlez (liverpoolrob) - Inter Milan
    orrj2 (L'prof) - Real Madrid
    philt27 (Philt27) - Man City
    Fizman (Fizman) -
    Barcelona
    conco27 (alanc2003) -
    Atletico Madrid
    Uroboric (Topher) -
    Zenit St. Petersburg

Any of you lads around this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

Played against Gillysome there, was a quality match...
    He took the lead around the 20th minute then i got 2 quick goals back to get it to 2-1 around the 30th minute... I had chances to kill the game off but didnt take them and fair play to Gillysome he equalised in the 84th minute.. i brought on 3 subs and went all out attack...i had a chance in added on time then gillysome broke and i thought it was going to be over when he crossed half-way...but no! he got into the box and got fouled, he got a penalty...Rooney hit it to the right and akinfeev pulled off a quality save...I heard shamrock rovers are looking for Rooney now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

Had a good game there with colly. Ended in a 2-2 draw. Defending wasnt great for any of the goals to be honest. Berbatov opened the scoring for united against the run of play tapping home a rooney cut back. CSKA hit back immediately though in similar fashion with a ball over the top and a cut back an on comming striker(cant remember his name even thou he got the 2 goals:p). CSKA went ahead just before half time. Opted for a more attacking approach in the second half, seen a bit more of the ball but chances were at a premium. Equaliser came through fletcher when i didnt play the obvious ball for once and sent collys defenders in the opposite direction. Took a rebound to tuck it home thou as the keeper saved the first effort. Probably should have won it with the last kick of the game but missed a penalty after rooney took a tumble. Not to be but a good result all the same, good game colly

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

colly54 wrote: »
    Played against Gillysome there, was a quality match...
    He took the lead around the 20th minute then i got 2 quick goals back to get it to 2-1 around the 30th minute... I had chances to kill the game off but didnt take them and fair play to Gillysome he equalised in the 84th minute.. i brought on 3 subs and went all out attack...i had a chance in added on time then gillysome broke and i thought it was going to be over when he crossed half-way...but no! he got into the box and got fouled, he got a penalty...Rooney hit it to the right and akinfeev pulled off a quality save...I heard shamrock rovers are looking for Rooney now haha
    :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 The Cool One

Just had a contorversial game Ade_LFC_Alves. It was 2-2 in the 84th minute and I broke free in on goal with Ronaldo, he hacked me down with the last man and got sent off. Me being so pissed off with the incident went gung-ho and of course conceeded an 89th minute goal to lose 3-2.

We'll probably play a rematch tomorrow some time, so just saying not to note the 3-2 that it says on PSN.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

You can have the 3-0 win.

I'll be dropping out of the league for a few reasons, one being a personal reason and the other two are FIFA related(not dropping out because I don't want a rematch, afterall I'm the one who offered it in the first place) I'll be PM'ing Wools either tonight before I go out or tomorrow at the latest.

I will just add the same thing happened to me in a match previously but I didn't make much of it and also you did have an extra man advantage against a person who is fairly average at defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

Philly_C wrote: »
    orrj2 (L'prof) - Real Madrid
    Fizman (Fizman) -
    Barcelona
    conco27 (alanc2003) -
    Atletico Madrid
    Uroboric (Topher) -
    Zenit St. Petersburg

Any of you lads around this evening?

Yeah i should be on around 8.30ish this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Just after moving apartment yesterday lads and awaiting installation of broadband. Not really too sure when that'll be put in but I'll keep ye posted.

Dungdoc-liverpool said he might be on tomorrow from 2-3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

L'prof wrote: »
    I won't be around until Monday, but let me know when ye're free:
    1. Arsenal - philly_c_ - Philly_C
    2. Atletico Madrid - conco27 - alanc2003
    3. Atletico Madrid - conco27 - alanc2003
    4. Barcelona - Fizman - Fizman
    5. ...

You around now conco?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

You around now conco?

5 mind

You around now conco?

you be on around 12:45?

alanc2003 wrote: »
    5 mind

Sound.

colly54 wrote: »
    you be on around 12:45?

I'd like to say yes, but I did a 12 hour shift today and I'm struggling to stay awake as it is, sorry!

I'd like to say yes, but I did a 12 hour shift today and I'm struggling to stay awake as it is, sorry!

12:20?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnnyBomb

In league 1 are:

motley-cruise (r9ronaldo) - Liverpool
    AsCenSioN-X (Le King) -Tottenham Hotspur

still in the league to play. Added both of ye on ps and sent msgs and got no reply or does any1 else have to play them or know if ther playing still?

Right it's between yourself and philly_c_, whoever's invites me first.

Played 2 games against Conco there. In the first I was disappointed to only be drawing at the end and then I fucked up with the keeper to gift him the victory. My own fault though, I have no idea what I was at! In the second game, I had 12 shots with 12 on target and went on to win 4-1. Conco messed up with his keeper in this game and I just had to stick it in. Good games man.

Played 2 games tonight. Lost the first to Conco 4-2, was 3-2 till the last minute when I kicked the ball straight to his forward from a goal kick and he scored, before that though I think I was unlucky not to be level but it wasn't to be.

In my other game I bet L'Prof 7-0:D If I remember right I think I was 2-0 up at HT and they were my only shots on target, L'Prof could easily have been beating me at HT as he had the better of the chances in the 1st half I'd say. In the 2nd half Walcott did the business for me by running like a mad yoke and I took my chances.
    Good games lads.

Philly_C wrote: »
    Played 2 games tonight. Lost the first to Conco 4-2, was 3-2 till the last minute when I kicked the ball straight to his forward from a goal kick and he scored, before that though I think I was unlucky not to be level but it wasn't to be.

In my other game I bet L'Prof 7-0:D If I remember right I think I was 2-0 up at HT and they were my only shots on target, L'Prof could easily have been beating me at HT as he had the better of the chances in the 1st half I'd say. In the 2nd half Walcott did the business for me by running like a mad yoke and I took my chances.
    Good games lads.

I took two wallopings against Philly and Colly. Attentions finshing against Philly and I somehow found myself 2 goals down at half time. I decided to go all out for the win, but I left far too much space at the back for Arsenal's pacey forwards and couldn't find any space up top myself :mad: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Uroboric (Topher) - Zenit St. Petersburg

Either of you 3 around now? I'll be around for an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Can't see myself (Zenit) being on for any tankings before tomorrow.

Fizman (Fizman) -
    Barcelona
    Uroboric (Topher) -
    Zenit St. Petersburg

Any of yous around today?

Töpher wrote: »
    Can't see myself (Zenit) being on for any tankings before tomorrow.

Might be on tonight after work around 11? Otherwise should be around tomorrow evening/night.

Any of the times above suit:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

eioneill
    4real

Either of you around tomorrow? I'll be around all day up until about 6 or so and then again from about 9.30 onwards if that suits?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Frisbee wrote: »
    eioneill
    4real

Either of you around tomorrow? I'll be around all day up until about 6 or so and then again from about 9.30 onwards if that suits?

I'll be on this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

Hey lads, i have a bit of catch up to catch up on..i have
    the wools x 2, philly c, colly, swarlez and dungdoc to play this week - ill be on from 9pm for a cupla hours so if anyones on ill see them then - woohoo!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Philt27 wrote: »
    the wools x 2, philly c, colly, swarlez and dungdoc to play this week - ill be on from 9pm for a cupla hours so if anyones on ill see them then - woohoo!!!:D

Ye I can play u from prob half ten or so tonight if u wish??

Philt27 wrote: »

I'll be on between 9 and 10 so.

Swarlez or Uroboric be around tonight too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

thewools wrote: »
    Ye I can play u from prob half ten or so tonight if u wish??
    yea thats grand - ill be on so see ya then..

Advertisement