Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 4 - Main Thread / General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

sorry lads, thought id make it back on after 9. should be on after the liverpool match tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Finally got BB in the apartment lads so I can plough through the games. I should be online later at approx 11.30 ish. Might get a game or two done. Looks like I'm due to play:

Inter x 2
    Spurs
    AC Milan
    Arsenal
    Atl Madrid
    Zenit
    Bayern
    Chelsea
    CSKA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Fizman wrote: »
    Finally got BB in the apartment lads so I can plough through the games. I should be online later at approx 11.30 ish. Might get a game or two done. Looks like I'm due to play:

Bayern
    I'll play u later, I'll be online at 11.30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

ill go on at 11 if you will be on wools?
    fizman ill play u at half too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Colly i can play you at 11, if you like

• Advertisement

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Colly i can play you at 11, if you like

i dont have to play you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

colly54 wrote: »
    i dont have to play you

Yeah sorry, it's the other Russian team (Uroboric) i've to play

Beat colly but the game was a replay after we got frozen in the intial game.. Colly was winning 4-2 in the first and cruising too. He couldnt miss! EA still obviously havnt sorted these stupid freezes and connection issues....

I would be pissed off too but the rules are there and no matter what we set there is always going to be conflicts and issues with the rules. I have lost points too due to replays - but its still prob the fairest method.

thewools wrote: »
    Beat colly but the game was a replay after we got frozen in the intial game.. Colly was winning 4-2 in the first and cruising too. He couldnt miss! EA still obviously havnt sorted these stupid freezes and connection issues....

I would be pissed off too but the rules are there and no matter what we set there is always going to be conflicts and issues with the rules. I have lost points too due to replays - but its still prob the fairest method.

rules can be changed

Why not just play the remaining minutes in an unranked match with the score the same?

The rules are it goes back to 0-0?.... gives an incentive to pull the cable whereas at least if ya keep the score they only get what was left.

• Advertisement

Why not just play the remaining minutes in an unranked match with the score the same?

The rules are it goes back to 0-0?.... gives an incentive to pull the cable whereas at least if ya keep the score they only get what was left.

This is exactly what im saying

colly54 wrote: »
    rules can be changed

We can consider all potential changes for next season - season 4 is almost complete.

I'm always looking to try improve the league and out of the last 4 - I would like to think that this season has been the "best". If we can improve this again for next season that would be great!

thewools wrote: »
    We can consider all potential changes for next season - season 4 is almost complete.

I'm always looking to try improve the league and out of the last 4 - I would like to think that this season has been the "best". If we can improve this again for next season that would be great!

ye i agree with this, but at the same time philts connection went against me when i was winning 1-0 and then you changed the rules after the match too -> allow first half disconnections .....

it was his connection not the ea servers so i dont understand why that was allowed...
    replay finished 0-0

Just getting on the PS now lads if anyone is about.

Barca 1 - 4 Spurs

Oh well, I go from conceding 5 goals in 13 games to conceding 4 in this. Not quite the demolition the scoreline suggests though. 8 shots to 7 and split possession. The keys few minutes was arounf the 65th min when Messi missed a 1 on 1 ten yards out in front of goal that would have made it 2-2. A minute later a back pass of mine goes through the legs of dumbass Valdes and trickles over the line.

A LOT of rustiness on my part not having played in weeks so hopefully I'll get back to my usual tight, low scoring games again. :) Good game man, you took all your chances very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Barca 1 - 4 Spurs

Oh well, I go from conceding 5 goals in 13 games to conceding 4 in this. Not quite the demolition the scoreline suggests though. 8 shots to 7 and split possession. The keys few minutes was arounf the 65th min when Messi missed a 1 on 1 ten yards out in front of goal that would have made it 2-2. A minute later a back pass of mine goes through the legs of dumbass Valdes and trickles over the line.

A LOT of rustiness on my part not having played in weeks so hopefully I'll get back to my usual tight, low scoring games again. :) Good game man, you took all your chances very well.

GG cheers.. the attack duo of Defoe and Bale came to the fore again for me today with Defoe sealing the game with a lovely curler into the top corner... ya sure like yer sliding man:pac: Hopefully that will seal my stay in the top flight!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

joe2772 (hatchets27) - AC Milan

You around tomorrow mate? Should be here all day.

Fowler87 wrote: »
    ya sure like yer sliding man:pac:

If there's another way to stop Bale and his pirouetting let me know! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I (Uroboric/Zenit) won't be around tonight lads, should be about on Wednesday, but Thursday/Friday will probably also be unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

If there's another way to stop Bale and his pirouetting let me know! :pac:

Boot to the headlamp works a treat:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Woolsie bud, any chance for a league table update??

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Woolsie bud, any chance for a league table update??

Yip, l'll do it tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

joe2772 (hatchets27) - AC Milan you be around tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭hatchets27

Yeah I'm on now

• Registered Users Posts: 3 niall00

any chance of adding any new players if any drop out

niall00 wrote: »
    any chance of adding any new players if any drop out
    League is almost over I'm afraid. Recruiting for new players for season 5 will be coming up shortly however..

Click on links on my sig to view tables...

There has been penalty points assigned to the following teams in the Championship:
    • Barca
    • Chelsea
    • Inter
    • Spurs
    • Liverpool
    All teams need to play a minimim of 16 games by Sunday midnight or bye bye! Lads signed up for the league and knew what the overall objective was: to PLAY GAMES and have a bit of craic.

Sadly the Championship is lacking in commitment bar a few players and they know who they are.

I will be PMing all the above teams to remind them of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Been online consistently over the past couple of weeks with messages sent to lads to arrange games. No sign of them appearing. I'll be on until Friday mostly during the evenings so if anyone wants to play their games let me know.

• Advertisement

I should be about for a while if anyone is about.

Advertisement