Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 4 - Main Thread / General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Had a good game there with hatchets27, finished 0-0, possession was nearly 50-50 plenty of clear shots for each but some cracking defending. Good game mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

How is promotion/relegation going to work? Top/bottom 2 or three from each division go up/down?

Le King, I'll be around tonight after 9 to play if you're around.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Have to play the below, I'll send pm's now:
    1. Barcelona - Fizman - Fizman
    2. Chelsea - czam2007 - Crosáidí
    3. Inter Milan - swarlez - liverpoolrob
    4. Man City - philt27 - Philt27
    5. Man United - Gillysome - Gillysome
    6. Zenit St. Petersburg - Uroboric - Töpher
    7. Tottenham Hotspurs - Haunis87 - Fowler87

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Frisbee wrote: »
    How is promotion/relegation going to work? Top/bottom 2 or three from each division go up/down?

At the moment we have 35 remaining players in total over the 3 leagues - this is almost certain to drop closer to 30 before the end of the week. And if and when we can complete the league this should leave us with 2 leagues of returning players and further leagues for new player.

So the plan is as so with the expected numbers for next season:

4 to be Relegated from the Premierleague.
    • Bottom 3 in the Premierleague will automatically be relegated to the Championship.
    • Teams which finishes 4th and 5th from bottom will have a playoff game to decide who stays in the Premierleague.
    2 to be promoted from both the Championship and League 1
    • Top Team in both the Championship and League 1 will be promoted to the Premierleague.
    • Teams which finish 2nd and 3rd in both the Championship and League 1 will playoff for promotion to the Premierleague.
    Score Difference will decide position in case of the same total points at the end of the Season.

All remaining players in the Championship and League 1 will remain in next seasons Championship League.

Everyone Happy with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Originally Posted by Philly_C viewpost.gif
    League Game: Premiership
    Gameweek: 4
    Result: Arsenal (Philly_C) 2-0 Man City (philt)
    Philly_C wrote: »
    Hey thewools you've this result thanked but I don't think you recoreded the result in the tables.

Think you might have missed this thewools.

• Advertisement

Philly_C wrote: »
    Think you might have missed this thewools.
    Cheers I'll fix that later

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I'll try and get on again tonight lads. Probably in or around 11.30 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Anyone from the Championship on tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

is it 2 l8 2 join dis 1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

DH2K9 wrote: »
    is it 2 l8 2 join dis 1

My eyes and brain hurt!

• Advertisement

is it too late to join this one?
    Corrected... ;) Ye this season is nearly complete. Keep and eye out for Season 5; we will be recruiting for new players very soon!

is it 2 l8 2 join dis 1

Nu leeg prob startz bowt 2-3 wks.

Haunis87, I probably wouldn't have scored, but to blatantly deny someone the opportunity to do so right out side the box is poor form! There was a not so obvious case of that earlier on in the game too. It's not the first time you've done this against me either. You can crack on about advantage all you want, but it's as clear as day in the rules:
    thewools wrote: »
    RULES:

2) Last Man Tackling
    Fifa 11 is a soccer simulation and while slide tackling is encouraged when needed, intentional attempts to take out the last man (an attacking player that only has the keeper to beat) will not be tolerated. A defender is allowed to slide in from the side as there is a good chance that he will win the ball. However, when someone slides in from directly behind (from the 5-7 O'clock positions) and the striker is between the defender and the ball, this will not be tolerated.

I generally don't complain much, but this just drives me insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

Played 2 games there. First one was a close game that lprof edged 2-0. Goals were kinda sloppy on my part but he had other chances to score. First was a deflection and the second my 2 centre backs ran into 1 another and left a clear path for the striker. Played well enuf in it thou all the same. My second game I honestly still dint know how I lost it. Philit27 beat me 1 nil. Only goal of the game came early on, my keeper parried the ball to his striker to tap in. At that point I was thinking oh here we go again. But I played really really well after. I hit the post twice from 25 yards and missed I dont know how many 1 on 1s. Oh well, the transition to manual has been tough this season but I'm getting there. Well played lads

Did the lads at the top a favour by taking more points off colly there with a 1-1 draw. Decent game I felt with me taking the lead with a peno on 30 and it didn't take long for him to equalise with a very well taken goal. Draw was a fair result I reckon, I shaded the possession while colly shaded the number of chances. Although I could have snatched it when Messi hit the underside of the crossbar on the 90th min and it bounced back out! :( Good game though.

Think I missed L'Prof by 1 minute too!

Fizman wrote: »
    Did the lads at the top a favour by taking more points off colly there with a 1-1 draw. Decent game I felt with me taking the lead with a peno on 30 and it didn't take long for him to equalise with a very well taken goal. Draw was a fair result I reckon, I shaded the possession while colly shaded the number of chances. Although I could have snatched it when Messi hit the underside of the crossbar on the 90th min and it bounced back out! :( Good game though.

I saw you logging on, but it was after 12, so I went to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

Gillysome wrote: »
    Played 2 games there. First one was a close game that lprof edged 2-0. Goals were kinda sloppy on my part but he had other chances to score. First was a deflection and the second my 2 centre backs ran into 1 another and left a clear path for the striker. Played well enuf in it thou all the same. My second game I honestly still dint know how I lost it. Philit27 beat me 1 nil. Only goal of the game came early on, my keeper parried the ball to his striker to tap in. At that point I was thinking oh here we go again. But I played really really well after. I hit the post twice from 25 yards and missed I dont know how many 1 on 1s. Oh well, the transition to manual has been tough this season but I'm getting there. Well played lads
    What an opener by Adebayor and then collapse city!! dunno how i won that game - but with 14 shots by the manc scum - only two on target - some last ditch defending and bad finishing really saved me - wp buddy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

League 1

AsCenSioN-X (Le King) -Tottenham Hotspur
    joshhbk (joshhbk) - Lyon

coffeetone (4real) - Real Madrid

Lads I will be on this evening after training if you want to fulfill your fixtures.

RedDevilDub

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

Philt27 wrote: »
    What an opener by Adebayor and then collapse city!! dunno how i won that game - but with 14 shots by the manc scum - only two on target - some last ditch defending and bad finishing really saved me - wp buddy!!

Haha my finsihing wasnt so much bad as manual. The way I am at the minute im more dangerous from 40 yards than 5:P I was full sure the one I smacked off the angle of the crossbar/post was in:rolleyes: Still apart from the result im happy with how i played, I couldnt string two passes together when i started out manual never mind hit the goal:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

Fizman wrote: »

The table isnt telling the proper story, Swarlez has been the one to catch for a good while, he could potentialy go 11 points clear

• Advertisement

colly54 wrote: »
    The table isnt telling the proper story, Swarlez has been the one to catch for a good while, he could potentialy go 11 points clear

True that. I'm due to play him twice whenever we get the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Zenit just picked up their second 1-0 victory in a row, beating Chelsea, will my goals scored hit double figures by seasons end? :cool: Czam can feel very unlucky at half time, with Zenit scoring from their only shot, but the second half was a much more even affair (even though it was played mainly within the Russians half...) with both sides missing good chances. #

GD is nearly up to -30, whoooop! :D

Fixtures for Gameweek 9 - Our Final Gameweek have now been posted...

I will post up all outstanding games ASAP. Deadline for all games to be complete is Friday next week 17th December - Midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Fizman (Fizman) - Barcelona
    thewools (thewools) - Bayern Munich

Sunday night, Tuesday evening/night and Thursday evening/night will probably be the only times I'm around, slight chance I might be about tomorrow night and Saturday afternoon if I ain't heading out.

thewools wrote: »
    Deadline for all games to be complete is Friday next week 17th December - Midnight.

Whoa nelly! It's hardly fair to let people carry over a certain amount of games throughout the tournament and not allow for it at all at the end! I know that you want to wrap it up, but an extra week would seem fair. Just a thought as I reckon I'll get mine played by the 17th anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

L'prof wrote: »
    Whoa nelly! It's hardly fair to let people carry over a certain amount of games throughout the tournament and not allow for it at all at the end! I know that you want to wrap it up, but an extra week would seem fair. Just a thought as I reckon I'll get mine played by the 17th anyway.

I'm with thewools on this one. People were told that they had to have games played, and just didn't do it. why should everyone else accommodate them because they didn't bother to play thier games on time? One guy in League 1 I swear I've sent about 12 PM''s to and left countless posts in here and never heard back from him once about any of them.I lucked into him being online when he was an hour or two of being kicked out of the league for not having games played so I eventually got to play him. People knew they had to have games played when they joined the league so they shouldn't have joined if they weren't going to play.

Fair enough some people might have extenuating circumstances but hardly over a 9 week period where they can't spend 15 minutes a few nights a week to get their games out of the way.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'm with thewools on this one. People were told that they had to have games played, and just didn't do it. why should everyone else accommodate them because they didn't bother to play thier games on time? One guy in League 1 I swear I've sent about 12 PM''s to and left countless posts in here and never heard back from him once about any of them.I lucked into him being online when he was an hour or two of being kicked out of the league for not having games played so I eventually got to play him. People knew they had to have games played when they joined the league so they shouldn't have joined if they weren't going to play.

Fair enough some people might have extenuating circumstances but hardly over a 9 week period where they can't spend 15 minutes a few nights a week to get their games out of the way.

I've been away virtually every weekend, so that's out for me and I work early in the morning, but most people don't want to play games before 10/11:30 at night, so it's actually not that easy to get games played. I know where you're coming from, but I don't think an extra week is asking much and any new league won't kick off until after Christmas anyway! I think it makes sense, but I'm not too pushed whatever happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭hatchets27

I agree with frisbee. Everyone knew the rules at the start and how difficult can it be to play 36 mins of FIFA in a week. I know it's a bit if crack but it's also annoying chasing down the same people all the time trying to get them to play.

Fizman (Fizman) - Barcelona
    thewools (thewools) - Bayern Munich

Sunday night, Tuesday evening/night and Thursday evening/night will probably be the only times I'm around, slight chance I might be about tomorrow night and Saturday afternoon if I ain't heading out.
    I'll be around most of tomorrow evening / night, if u not around then sure we can play tuesday night..

• Advertisement

I'm off today lads so I'll be floating about on PSN so if I see any of the below I'll give you a shout:

Inter x 2
    Arsenal
    Atl Madrid
    Zenit
    Real Madrid
    Liverpool (might catch you when you are back on in a few days)

Advertisement