Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 4 - Main Thread / General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Tight game there between Fizman and myself, as always. Alonso with a great strike to seal it. Chances missed either side, hope I get the hang of this quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

L'prof wrote: »
    Tight game there between Fizman and myself, as always. Alonso with a great strike to seal it. Chances missed either side, hope I get the hang of this quickly!

Ya twas very tight. Nothing between the sides and I dunno where that Alonso left footed blast came out of. :p

There's something about Barca though. They don't seem to have enough meat in the team or something. A little lightweight, I dunno. I had barely played with them beforehand as I had been experimenting with others. Going to need to get to grips with them soon though as they have a relegation feel about them already.

Fizman wrote: »
    Ya twas very tight. Nothing between the sides and I dunno where that Alonso left footed blast came out of. :p

Quality strike man! I'd say I was given an inch and I just cracked it, I was left scratching my head against thewools with one of his goals, but that was less important! I felt I had some quality possession in that game and should have made you work a bit more, but it was just my third game playing with Real. I haven't even checked the bench to see who I'm leaving out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

Lads

is anyone else using upc? Im about to throw the thing out the window! keeps losing connection when im online as happened against the wools last night. Anyone know the best settings?

alanc2003 wrote: »
    Lads

is anyone else using upc? Im about to throw the thing out the window! keeps losing connection when im online as happened against the wools last night. Anyone know the best settings?

Yep, but I lost my connection for the first time ever against thewools last night, so maybe I'm not the man to talk to! Game was going fine and then it just dropped, luckily it was very early in the game. Apart from that, I've played 3 online games in total and they've been perfect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Won't be on again tonight, gonna be around possibly tomorrow for a bit around 5-10pm, Wednesday 5-12pm and Thursday I should be around from 6-12pm. After that I won't be around for the weekend, know I'll get my game with Uroboric done, can't see swarlez match being played tbh.

Be around from probably 4 today if Uroboric or swarlez are around.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

L'prof wrote: »
    Yep, but I lost my connection for the first time ever against thewools last night, so maybe I'm not the man to talk to! Game was going fine and then it just dropped, luckily it was very early in the game. Apart from that, I've played 3 online games in total and they've been perfect!

thanks, what settings are you using? mine is constantly dropping. couldnt get a game at all on monday, kept signing me out of the ea servers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Be around from probably 4 today if Uroboric or swarlez are around.
    Should be on about 11ish. Available before 3:30 too if thats of any use to ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Kensutz (Kensutz) - Inter Milan
    Paddysnorch (theflesh) - Juventus
    p_eepingtom (peepingtom) - Weder Bremen

Any of these boyos want to play, I'll be on this evening.

PM me.

alanc2003 wrote: »
    thanks, what settings are you using? mine is constantly dropping. couldnt get a game at all on monday, kept signing me out of the ea servers

Well I have a netgear router, which I upgraded to the latest firmware. After that, all I needed to do was turn on uPnP on the router and PS3 and it's very consistent, I think my DNF last season was 0%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

Chelsea 0-1 Man City - A very tight game but happy enuff with the new city team - hard to beat with Given in goal and always a threat up front as my 2 shots showed!!:D very cagey but maybe something got to do with wanting to get points on the board early doors..enjoyable and good to get back in the swing of the aul league again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

Be on from 4 if philt or gillysome will be around?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

colly54 wrote: »
    Be on from 4 if philt or gillysome will be around?
    • Man City - CSKA Moscow
    • Inter Milan - Man City
    • Ill be on from after 8pm - gym city then home then fifa so any games will be after 8pm.:)

Töpher wrote: »
    Should be on about 11ish. Available before 3:30 too if thats of any use to ya?

11ish could suit, only off college at 3 so should be home around 3.45 if you're still around. Probably be easier to bring your PS3 to Limerick on Friday and I'll play ye before the Shels match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I got two games played alst night.. Want to get my remaining 4 played before Friday as I'm away on holidays on Saturday :cool:

Any of the below available today between 5-7pm or >11pm
    • Man United - Gillysome
    • Tottenham Hotspurs - Haunis87
    • AC Milan - joe2772
    • Arsenal - philly_C

@topher

Gav said he can play you at 3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Finally stopped the rot with that draw against Liverpool, my affection for Zenit was wavering after stumbling into a 5 game losing streak online. Liverpool ended up with more of the ball and shots, but in reality the Russians were guilty of missing the better chances! :pac:

Feck it, I'm a point closer to safety than I was this morning! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19 joshhbk

Sorry if I'm retarded and missed it, but are there firm promotion/relegation rules in place?

Pretty happy with my start to the season, was a bit iffy about Lyon to start with but after two away wins including one against Chelsea I'm pleased. Now hopefully I can keep it up...

joshhbk wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm retarded and missed it, but are there firm promotion/relegation rules in place?

Pretty happy with my start to the season, was a bit iffy about Lyon to start with but after two away wins including one against Chelsea I'm pleased. Now hopefully I can keep it up...

Did you have to play in someone else's house?

:pac:

joshhbk wrote: »

I will be posting up my intentions later this evening..

Will want to run it by a few others here for approval / discussion / suggestions first before I officially set everything in stone!! :)

• Advertisement

Töpher wrote: »
    Finally stopped the rot with that draw against Liverpool, my affection for Zenit was wavering after stumbling into a 5 game losing streak online. Liverpool ended up with more of the ball and shots, but in reality the Russians were guilty of missing the better chances! :pac:

Feck it, I'm a point closer to safety than I was this morning! :o

Have to practice not bottling shots ha, first two games and I'm in flying form with them.

With regards to swarlez(liverpoolrob) he hasn't been on PSN in 9 days and isn't joined up to the League yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

For the lads who are playing as Man Utd, are they allowed use the Granny lover, or should he be on the bench?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Two games so far and two 1-0 losses, big pressure on the next game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

I'll be on in the next 20 mins or so if anyone is around. Sorry to crosadi for messin ya about this evenin, only after gettin in the door now. I'll be on till around half 8, then again after 11.

thewools wrote: »
    I got two games played alst night.. Want to get my remaining 4 played before Friday as I'm away on holidays on Saturday :cool:

Any of the below available today between 5-7pm or >11pm
    • Man United - Gillysome
    • Tottenham Hotspurs - Haunis87
    • AC Milan - joe2772
    • Arsenal - philly_C

I'll be on till half 8 or after 11 if that suits better

Gillysome wrote: »

Be back on after 11.. See u then ye...

Gillysome wrote: »

ill be on in 5 mins if you want a game then?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

GlennTheFitz
    Kensutz
    Paddysnorch

I'll be on tonight and maybe tomorrow night, won't be on again then until saturday.

Was playing philt there and the connection was shocking....was winning 2-1 the connection went and i presume it was his because i was brought back to the league table and was giving the 3-0 win...do i get 3-0 win or 2-1?

• Advertisement

colly54 wrote: »
    ill be on in 5 mins if you want a game then?

Sorry man had to go earlier. Im back on at 11 if ur around or tomoro evein after 5?

Advertisement