Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 4 - Main Thread / General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

Fizman wrote: »
    Ya I'd definitely be in favour of stretching the deadline by a day or so if it meant everyone got done. Would be a big pity if a few games fell short seeing as the season went very well, and to be fair to LiverpoolRob (Swarlez) he got 7 games played last night, so only has 3 remaining and is 8 points (I think) behind colly.

I have a half day from work today so I'd be available this afternoon, this evening or tonight. I'm on a stag in Kilkenny tomorrow though and I'm on the road early, so tomorrow is probably out. I'd say it would be Sunday afternoon before I'm back on. I'm also off on Monday.
    i can leave it til sun avo if thats cool with everyone else(wools):) im in work now then straight out for free booze all nite so ill be wrecked tomorrow but would like to see how close swarlez can push it..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭hatchets27

Ie Phil you don't want colly to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

It would be a shame not to finish the league out seeing as its so close at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

I dont really think it makes sense to extend the deadline as it encourages players to wait until the end and finish there matches , like swarlez has now done 2 years in a row now..... im not saying this because it affects me winning the league its just because rules should be kept .... i dont mind extending the deadline and waiting for the matches to be played this season, just takes the fun out of the league when players have so many games in hand and i would not like this to happen every season..

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

ill be able to play games tomorrow between 1 and 5 and most of the day sunday if people are willing to extend the deadline, on the other hand i have no problem if you want to end it tonight, it was my own fault i couldn't get the games played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Sunday - 19th: MIDNIGHT!!

Games which are not competed by then are void.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

ill be able to play games tomorrow between 1 and 5 and most of the day sunday if people are willing to extend the deadline, on the other hand i have no problem if you want to end it tonight, it was my own fault i couldn't get the games played.

I can't play between that time tomorrow Swarlez but I'll catch ya Sunday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Can't guarantee I'll be about tomorrow either Swarlez, but should be available on Sunday too.

thewools wrote: »

Does this mean the dance off is a no go? Damn had high hopes in that:pac:

REMINDER GUYS!!!!

• Advertisement

Ya I'd definitely be in favour of stretching the deadline by a day or so if it meant everyone got done. Would be a big pity if a few games fell short seeing as the season went very well, and to be fair to LiverpoolRob (Swarlez) he got 7 games played last night, so only has 3 remaining and is 8 points (I think) behind colly.

I have a half day from work today so I'd be available this afternoon, this evening or tonight. I'm on a stag in Kilkenny tomorrow though and I'm on the road early, so tomorrow is probably out. I'd say it would be Sunday afternoon before I'm back on. I'm also off on Monday.
    hey lads ill be on later in the avo i yizr round - get these games finished..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Just two left. It'd be great to get these played, even greater if I didn't always have to do the chasing!
    1. Inter Milan - swarlez - liverpoolrob
    2. Man City - philt27 - Philt27

L'prof wrote: »
    Just two left. It'd be great to get these played, even greater if I didn't always have to do the chasing!
    1. Inter Milan - swarlez - liverpoolrob
    2. Man City - philt27 - Philt27
    what time will u be on?its lprof and fizman not swarlez as i said...doh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Philt27 wrote: »

I'm around at the moment anyway. I have no real plans, so not sure how long I'll be around, but I will try and get on at some stage later on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

What time do you think you'll be on? I'll prob be on at some stage this evenin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Any lads from the Championship I'm on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Lost 4-2 to Swarlez and I'm gutted I didn't get anything from that. Deserved at least a draw from that. Was a really good game too.

The deadline has passed guys and I can now declare the Winners / Losers.
    4 to be Relegated from the Premierleague.
    • Bottom 3 in the Premierleague will automatically be relegated to the Championship. Zenit St. Petersburg, Man United and Real Madrid
    • Teams which finishes 4th and 5th from bottom will have a playoff game to decide who stays in the Premierleague. Tottenham Hotspurs and Liverpool
    2 to be promoted from both the Championship and League 1
    • Top Team in both the Championship and League 1 will be promoted to the Premierleague. Championship: Bayern Munich + League 1: Man Utd
    • Teams which finish 2nd and 3rd in both the Championship and League 1 will playoff for promotion to the Premierleague. Championship: Man Utd & Juventus + League 1: Inter Milan & Chelsea
    The playoff games should be played ASAP and the results posted here. I will PM all involved in playoff games tomorrow.

I would like to say congrats to Swarlez (liverpoolrob) on stealing the League Title - I believe this mean Colly has came 2nd in all 4 seasons. I won the previous 3 for those who may have forgotton :)

All League tables have been updated and can be viewed by clicking on the links below on my signature (must be logged in)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Sorry man I wasn't able to get on until midnight. Pity but one consolation was that nothing was riding on the game, as we were gonna finish where we are anyway. Can catch ya on it during the week if you like and just play the game out for the craic if you want.

• Advertisement

haha winner by default :D

Although being honest from the 4 losses i had, United the first time beat me 3-0...fair enough, second game against United 2-1 after being 1-0 up, i deserved more from that game.
    Spurs and Barcelona both scored 100% of their shots while i had 15+ and had both of them camped in their halves for the whole game.

Being FIFA though possession is no advantage since its so hard to get through a defence thats packed in since ground passes are muck compared to lofted through balls.

So i got two losses back... two of which i didn't really deserve on the balance of play, although i did lose to United (who came second) twice.
    Just the pull outs favoured me and United still had two or so games to play to my one if he played and won his game in hand he's have went 1 point back on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

The deadline has passed guys and I can now declare the Winners / Losers.

The playoff games should be played ASAP and the results posted here. I will PM all involved in playoff games tomorrow.

I would like to say congrats to Swarlez (liverpoolrob) on stealing the League Title - I believe this mean Colly has came 2nd in all 4 seasons. I won the previous 3 for those who may have forgotton :)

Cheers man. Fair play to you for organizing it and putting in all the work. Don't know how you manage it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Haunis87/Fowler87 you be around on Tuesday night or Wednesday afternoon for our play off match?

Sorry man I wasn't able to get on until midnight. Pity but one consolation was that nothing was riding on the game, as we were gonna finish where we are anyway. Can catch ya on it during the week if you like and just play the game out for the craic if you want.
    Yea man no worries, ill prob be on after 9pm most nites but check here first just in case..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Fair play to you thewools for organising the leagues. Stellar job lad!!
    I'm looking forward to locking horns with the Premiership boys in the new season!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

eioneill wrote: »
    Fair play to you thewools for organising the leagues. Stellar job lad!!

Would jsut like to echo this. Great job, everything ran really well and cheers for taking the time to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

Cheers man. Fair play to you for organizing it and putting in all the work. Don't know how you manage it!

Fair play on winning the league man!

Please try to keep up with your games in the next league though as it makes it more interesting for everyone in the league.
    If your able to play 10 games in 3 days your able to play 3 every 7 days haha

So swarlez nicked it after......well done man great comeback.:D Big thanks to the wools for organising everything, really enjoyed the league this year even though im championship bound:) Looking forward to next season already. :pac:

Haunis87/Fowler87 you be around on Tuesday night or Wednesday afternoon for our play off match?

Just to let ya know his ps3 kicked the bucket at the weekend, wont read disks or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

colly54 wrote: »
    Please try to keep up with your games in the next league though as it makes it more interesting for everyone in the league.
    If your able to play 10 games in 3 days your able to play 3 every 7 days haha

+1, it's also a pain in the arse running after swarlez for matches.
    Gillysome wrote: »
    Just to let ya know his ps3 kicked the bucket at the weekend, wont read disks or something.

Oh right, take it you know him so, would you get him to get in contact with the wools so and see what the craic is. Don't want this match hanging about after Christmas tbh.

Advertisement