Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 4 - Main Thread / General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Oh right, take it you know him so, would you get him to get in contact with the wools so and see what the craic is. Don't want this match hanging about after Christmas tbh.
    Fowler87 has conceded this playoff game - so you are safe :D

He still wishes to play next season

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

thewools wrote: »

He still wishes to play next season

How about I get the playoff game instead??? :p

Nah, just kidding! I'm kind of looking forward to being relegated, although I'm not sure it guarantees I'll win any more games!

League Tables: FINAL STANDINGS:

PREMIERSHIP
    prem.jpg

CHAMPIONSHIP
    champ.jpg

LEAGUE 1
    league1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Grand job, would have liked to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Chrisq

Any spots left in the league? This is my first season. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Chrisq wrote: »
    Any spots left in the league? This is my first season. Cheers.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056126001

Playoff Games to be played ASAP guys:

Championship:Man Utd & Juventus
    League 1: Inter Milan & Chelsea

Need to get these two games before Season 5 can commence.

Would it not be better to add the new people to a league of their own?

It won't even effect me so not saying it to suit myself, but loads of them will just drop out again, it would help move the lower leagues from this season along for the guys who stayed till the end. Just maybe add the new guys after they complete a season?

Also the D/C rule needs changing, the FIFA servers are too hostile that someone can get a full game back after being losing in the 90th min.

I think it should be ''regardless of who loses connection the person who's behind has the option to continue from the same score with the same time let'' so if there was 35mins in 2nd half left, ye could play an unranked game after 15mins has elapsed or just play till half time.

I wasn't even aware of the wording until it came up near the end from the Prem', so when i played Markontap and the connection went just into the second half we just played an unranked half keeping the score at '1-1' (in our heads).

Would it not be better to add the new people to a league of their own?

It won't even effect me so not saying it to suit myself, but loads of them will just drop out again, it would help move the lower leagues from this season along for the guys who stayed till the end. Just maybe add the new guys after they complete a season?

Also the D/C rule needs changing, the FIFA servers are too hostile that someone can get a full game back after being losing in the 90th min.

I think it should be ''regardless of who loses connection the person who's behind has the option to continue from the same score with the same time let'' so if there was 35mins in 2nd half left, ye could play an unranked game after 15mins has elapsed or just play till half time.

I wasn't even aware of the wording until it came up near the end from the Prem', so when i played Markontap and the connection went just into the second half we just played an unranked half keeping the score at '1-1' (in our heads).

Yip all the new guys will be in League 1. All returning players will be divided between the Prem and Championship.

I agree with you on the diconnection rule and the rules will be updated to suit. The only problem is in relation to the time to be played in the 2nd game but if both players agree to play for the remaining time and discontinue the game thereafter then thats ok.

I agree with you on the diconnection rule and the rules will be updated to suit. The only problem is in relation to the time to be played in the 2nd game but if both players agree to play for the remaining time and discontinue the game thereafter then thats ok.

I reckon the best solution would be to make the score what it was originally, either through OG's or letting your opponent through and then whoever had possession when the game died to just play tippy tappy in their own half until they reach the agreed minute and so a not to catch anybody off guard, they could signal that they were resuming the game by pressing pause and then restarting.

Otherwise you'd be asking people to increase their DNF or play out the remaining few minutes in a match that's already been decided!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Flynner I'm around most of the day tomorrow if you can play? Away then Tuesday and Wednesday.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Flynner I'm around most of the day tomorrow if you can play? Away then Tuesday and Wednesday.

Never heard from Flynner so we didn't play. I'm away at a wedding now tomorrow and Wednesday so won't be back online until Thursday afternoon at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

L'prof wrote: »
    I reckon the best solution would be to make the score what it was originally, either through OG's or letting your opponent through and then whoever had possession when the game died to just play tippy tappy in their own half until they reach the agreed minute and so a not to catch anybody off guard, they could signal that they were resuming the game by pressing pause and then restarting.

Otherwise you'd be asking people to increase their DNF or play out the remaining few minutes in a match that's already been decided!

Thats not a bad idea at all. Id definately be in favour:) I think the last man tackling needs to be "re-worded" too. The way it is at the minute encourages alot of bitching after games. For the blatent 1's it reads fine but for the 1's that are just where a striker gets the bounce or quick turn on the defender it encourages arguments(sometimes when the games arent even close:P)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Come on lads get your playoff matches played so we can get started on the new leagues after ''the Winter break''

Need to get the League 1 playoff game played guys.

Gilberto (Bayern) has pulled out of Season 5 so Man Utd & Juventus both are promoted.

I'm around today Flynner if you just PM me whenever you're able to play. I'll post in here again if I'm going to be unavailable at any stage.

League 1 Playoff Game
    (Frisbee) Chelsea 3 - 0 Inter Milan (Flynner13)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭hatchets27

Wools how are the teams picked this time?

hatchets27 wrote: »
    Wools how are the teams picked this time?
    Was thinking similar to last season?

What do the rest of you think? Limit teams to 4.5 / 4 star? Random selection?

Same as last time imo.

• Advertisement

Same as last time I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Same as last time I reckon.

Yeah same as last time would be best. Any idea when the new league will be kicking off thewools?

eioneill wrote: »
    Yeah same as last time would be best. Any idea when the new league will be kicking off thewools?

I start getting everyone to pick teams from tomorrow onwards. So hopefully we can be playing early next week...

PREMIERSHIP
    Boards Name|PSN|
    Frisbee| Cill-|
    colly54| colly54|
    Philly_C| philly_c_|
    Fizman| Fizman|
    Philt27| Philt27|
    Gavin "shels"| dungdoc|
    alanc2003| conco27|
    eioneill| RedDevilDub|
    markontap| Krameel67|
    Crosáidí| czam2007|
    Liverpoolrob| swarlez|
    theflesh| paddysnorch|
    hatchets27| joe2772|

CHAMPIONSHIP
    Boards Name|PSN|
    Fowler87| Haunis87|
    Töpher| Uroboric|
    Johnnybomb | Johnny_bomb|
    bugg| DCorkey|
    Bigron2109| Bigron2109|
    flynner13| Fly13|
    L'prof| orrj2|
    Gillysome| gillysome|
    Kensutz| Kensutz|
    Rackstar| da-rock56|

The above tables looks to be the full list of returning players however I have to talk to Fowler87 and Liverpoolrob to see if they have sorted their problems with their PS3's

I will go through the new players soon - they will all be in League 1. I might have to add one or two into the championship to balance the numbers.

Your promotion/relegation system is confusing to say the least. I get relegated from the Premiership to the Championship, that's fair enough. Yet someone else gets promoted from League 1 to the Premiership? I'm not too bothered really, just wondering what happened there?

Your promotion/relegation system is confusing to say the least. I get relegated from the Premiership to the Championship, that's fair enough. Yet someone else gets promoted from League 1 to the Premiership? I'm not too bothered really, just wondering what happened there?

Last season we had two new divisions full of new players, to balance numbers I had to create two seperate divisions based on who posted first.

I knew we wouldnt have enough numbers for 3 leagues full of returning players so there still needed to be an incentive for League 1 too.

2 players from the Championship and League 1 got promoted to the Premiership - I thought this was fair and no one disagreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

PREMIERSHIP
    Boards Name|PSN|
    Frisbee| Cill-|
    colly54| colly54|
    Philly_C| philly_c_|
    Fizman| Fizman|
    Philt27| Philt27|
    Gavin "shels"| dungdoc|
    alanc2003| conco27|
    eioneill| RedDevilDub|
    markontap| Krameel67|
    Crosáidí| czam2007|
    Liverpoolrob| swarlez|
    theflesh| paddysnorch|
    hatchets27| joe2772|

CHAMPIONSHIP
    Boards Name|PSN|
    Fowler87| Haunis87|
    Töpher| Uroboric|
    bugg| DCorkey|
    Bigron2109| Bigron2109|
    flynner13| Fly13|
    L'prof| orrj2|
    Gillysome| gillysome|
    Kensutz| Kensutz|
    Rackstar| da-rock56|

The above tables looks to be the full list of returning players however I have to talk to Fowler87 and Liverpoolrob to see if they have sorted their problems with their PS3's

I won't have a chance to try and fix mine till late next week at earliest. If you want to go ahead and start and ill rejoin next season.

I won't have a chance to try and fix mine till late next week at earliest. If you want to go ahead and start and ill rejoin next season.
    Ok, see ya in season 6.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

PREMIERSHIP
    Boards Name|PSN|
    Frisbee| Cill-|
    colly54| colly54|
    Philly_C| philly_c_|
    Fizman| Fizman|
    Philt27| Philt27|
    Gavin "shels"| dungdoc|
    alanc2003| conco27|
    eioneill| RedDevilDub|
    markontap| Krameel67|
    Crosáidí| czam2007|
    Liverpoolrob| swarlez|
    theflesh| paddysnorch|
    hatchets27| joe2772|

CHAMPIONSHIP
    Boards Name|PSN|
    Fowler87| Haunis87|
    Töpher| Uroboric|
    bugg| DCorkey|
    Bigron2109| Bigron2109|
    flynner13| Fly13|
    L'prof| orrj2|
    Gillysome| gillysome|
    Kensutz| Kensutz|
    Rackstar| da-rock56|

Same as Swarlez with the PS situation, planning to ring the company in Bray on Monday to collect my PS by early next week. They told me already it takes no more than a week for them to fix/return it back and with it being a common lens problem, it should be a quick and easy fix.

So il have it by 10-15 Jan and Il get started ASAP on my outstanding fixtures;) Dont kick me out yet Wools:pac:

Advertisement