Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 4 - Main Thread / General Banter

Options

Comments

Some people need to get a move on.....

Four from the league still haven't even replied to my friend requests and Tuesdays over now.

Two of my other fixtures have accepted but not asked me for a game, i did message the first to accept with times for today and he still hasn't replied yet he's playing FIFA all evening. The second i didnt message but have received no message(he's playing for a while too) from him either, seems they haven't even played each other unless they're slow at updating the score thread.

As we know with these leagues, out of the numbers we have a few prob won't play at all, a few more will leave after losing a few and the rest will finish it out. I think we should just let it be play your first round of games when you can, this thing won't finish out entirely anyway, we can do 3 a week when we have a settled league?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Your too negative dude... ;)

Last season worked out quite well with only minimal drop outs.. So hopefully this one can continue in the same manner.

The fixtures are there for a reason and we have deadlines regarding the amount of games to be played (see rules).

I feel this is the only way to make progress. By allowing guys to play their "first round of games when you can" will not help the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

My 3 games are played already... eager?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

thewools wrote: »

Last season worked out quite well with only minimal drop outs.. So hopefully this one can continue in the same manner.

The fixtures are there for a reason and we have deadlines regarding the amount of games to be played (see rules).

I feel this is the only way to make progress. By allowing guys to play their "first round of games when you can" will not help the matter.

Agree with thewools. Some players need to be coaxed, others have genuine reasons for not playing, some find it hard to make the time and very few, if any, will make no effort at all. Considering the amount of players in the leagues, I thought it ran quite well last season.

Last season was different, ye got a committed group. It's back to square one now with all these new players.

I see the premiership is moving fine as i assume it's all the players who played last year, that's not a problem for ye, but most of these lads in the other two divisions are going to drop out, most still hadn't even joined when i checked round 7pm.

I was only talking about running the first round through for the lower divisions so we can get rid of the time wasters, 3 games a week will take a pretty long time and it will end in vein in these lower divisions going by all the past leagues i've played in.

Fair enough leave it this week so, but i bet most won't even have played 3 games by the weeks end going by the first two days. I can see a trend already of the committed players looking at the results page so far.

• Advertisement

With a definite set of rules in place, players who don't put in the effort will be weeded out. It's not even a week in, relax man!

Another loss for me and bleeding Bayern...

Not liking them at all so far... Their two centre backs are monsters but soooooooo slow.. Thinking about bringing Lahm back further to help them out..

FFS Crouch was like Usain Bolt up against my grandmother!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

knicked an equaliser against gillysome in the 90th minute he dropped the ball and ran with the keeper...deserves you right :P ha

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

Played a game there aginast colly. EA servers must be acting up again, our first game lost connection after 8 mins so we played a rematch outside the league. In the rematch i got totally battered all thru the game but somehow managed to go 1 nil up after 74 mins. Game was fairly good with no lags till the 90th min then it froze for about a min when colly was takin a free but came back. I knicked ball away and broke to score a second but then during the replay we lost connection again. Do we play another rematch or wat??

colly54 wrote: »
    knicked an equaliser against gillysome in the 90th minute he dropped the ball and ran with the keeper...deserves you right :P ha

Are ya serious??? It stalled in the 90th min on mine when you were takin the free on the left wing. When it came back i stole the ball and scored a second:confused: Then the connection went all toghether in the replay. Somethin must be up with it cos i walked thru ur defense for the second, wasnt like the game at all

• Advertisement

Gillysome wrote: »
    Are ya serious??? It stalled in the 90th min on mine when you were takin the free on the left wing. When it came back i stole the ball and scored a second:confused: Then the connection went all toghether in the replay. Somethin must be up with it cos i walked thru ur defense for the second, wasnt like the game at all

You been drinking man??

You been drinking man??

Jaysus i wish:p No honestly man mine froze in the 90th min wen u had dat free. Stayed that way for like a min or so but then (you) took the free but rooney intercepted it. There was one defender back but he did a slide tackle before rooney got to him and i basically had a 1v1 with the keeper and scored. On the replay though it went all together and said u went offline when i pressed the ps button. Waited on for a min or two expecting u to come back then came on here to say what happened. This is a bit annoyin cos i was thinkin great result cos u battered me in the game and my first was totally against the run of play. I tot that summit was up witht the second thou cos it wasnt typical of the entire game.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Had to upload this goal from my match with This_Guy a little earlier... opening goal in my 2-0 victory. I reckon I was more shocked then he was in seeing the ball just about beat his keeper in off the post :pac:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/43368610

There was most certainly a huge case of luck in it as I could have swore I took a touch to get the ball out of my feet. But clearly it didn't register or something.

Anyway, it was a decent match overall. I was a bit tentative at the beginning mainly because I was tad surprised with how easily Forlan kept getting out muscled off the ball constantly plus it was only my 3rd match online. His 5 man midfield was dominating too. So I had to up my usual tiki taka game to the extreme at times and thankfully got the breakthrough :pac: The 2nd goal, as he pushed for the equaliser was more a typical goal for me. Quick passing and a lot of movement off the ball plus I was on the counter, pretty nice goal actually.

He commented afterwards he was in a relegation fight, I hope he was joking . More than a good player who will pick up wins as we progress for sure :)

LEAGUE TABLES UPDATED:

Premierleague

Championship

League 1

The Premiership is moving along nicely; however the guys in the Championship and League 1 have to "lift their game". An awful lot have yet to play a game :(

LEAGUE TABLES UPDATED:

Premierleague

Championship

League 1

The Premiership is moving along nicely; however the guys in the Championship and League 1 have to "lift their game". An awful lot have yet to play a game :(

Joint second, nice one :pac:

Gillysome wrote: »
    Jaysus i wish:p No honestly man mine froze in the 90th min wen u had dat free. Stayed that way for like a min or so but then (you) took the free but rooney intercepted it. There was one defender back but he did a slide tackle before rooney got to him and i basically had a 1v1 with the keeper and scored. On the replay though it went all together and said u went offline when i pressed the ps button. Waited on for a min or two expecting u to come back then came on here to say what happened. This is a bit annoyin cos i was thinkin great result cos u battered me in the game and my first was totally against the run of play. I tot that summit was up witht the second thou cos it wasnt typical of the entire game.

ill give u rematch if you want but i dont understand how that happened to you

ill give u rematch if you want but i dont understand how that happened to you

Lads - I'm totally confused as to what happened here. 1-1, 2-0, 1-0? What was the final score logged at the end of the game and recorded on the league results?

Whatever that says is the result. No replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

Was playing philt there and the connection was shocking....was winning 2-1 the connection went and i presume it was his because i was brought back to the league table and was giving the 3-0 win...do i get 3-0 win or 2-1?
    My NTL connection has been piss poor lads - i was with Eircom until the mrs got ntl for free as she works there but i havnt been able to play a proper match with it since we got it in 0 im callin eircom today to see if they can just switch it back again so fingers crossed ill be able to play properly..so ill take a replay as well Colly - fair play - seeing as your givin Gillysome a marathon of matches..cheers man - thats good sportsmanship.:D:D

Lads - I'm totally confused as to what happened here. 1-1, 2-0, 1-0? What was the final score logged at the end of the game and recorded on the league results?

Hey Wools, i think thats the worng way of doing things tbh. I already know of games that have been stopped due to lagging and bad connections and replays have been played. Its not the lads fault(me inc) if the connection goes - im changing back to Eircom, hopefully later 2day so i can play this league properly. If that is the case what you state that there are no replays then u may as well take all the points off me as all my games will stop unless i can get it changed to Eircom today/soon.

I think we will have to draw a line in the sand in relation to replaying games which lose connection. I agree its not fair for players to get a win when their opponent crashes out..

I can modify the rules and allow replays if everyone wishes?

• Advertisement

Ea servers went after 8 minutes and score was nil all on the league table
    so we played rank match outside the league and finished 1-1. he says it finished 2-0 but dont know what he is on about :confused:

Philt27 wrote: »
    My NTL connection has been piss poor lads - i was with Eircom until the mrs got ntl for free as she works there but i havnt been able to play a proper match with it since we got it in 0 im callin eircom today to see if they can just switch it back again so fingers crossed ill be able to play properly..so ill take a replay as well Colly - fair play - seeing as your givin Gillysome a marathon of matches..cheers man - thats good sportsmanship.:D:D

I was winning and your connection went thats completely different man...
    Ea servers went for me and gillysome not one persons connection
    Not replaying that man

I think we will have to draw a line in the sand in relation to replaying games which lose connection. I agree its not fair for players to get a win when their opponent crashes out..

Were the rules from last season modified? I thought one replay was allowed? I wouldn't want to get a win by default, but at the same time if I tried to play a game twice and my opponents connection cut out twice, then tough! My connection dropped against you for the first time ever, did I only get a replay because the servers didn't record the result as there wasn't long enough gone in the game?

I was winning and your connection went thats completely different man...
    Ea servers went for me and gillysome not one persons connection
    Not replaying that man
    I knew ud turn around and say that - if u look above and see the wools statement that there should be a line drawn in the sand - so its cool if ur connection goes and u just lose ur match?? u wanna play it like that then go right ahead ya sap - its the start of a new league and if thats the only way you think your gonna win the thing then go ahead - ur only foolin urself sonny - idve whipped you if we hadve kept playin and u know that, thats the only reason u wont play again - so u play gilly 3 times and prob will play him again to sort out your result - why dont u and him just set up your own league - that way we can all get on with a good mannered sportsmanlike league and you and him can have a love in with a load of games together!! Good lad...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Conceded a really dodgy goal last night. Was kinda comical though. A weak shot we'll say from the opposing player, my keeper jumped right over the ball and it went in to the far corner.

Mad. Meant to actually upload it. Twas a bit mental. No faulting the second goal I conceded though.

EDIT: Nice one Alves. Comical stuff. Gomes the bollocks. May have to drop him.

Philt27 wrote: »
    I knew ud turn around and say that - if u look above and see the wools statement that there should be a line drawn in the sand - so its cool if ur connection goes and u just lose ur match?? u wanna play it like that then go right ahead ya sap - its the start of a new league and if thats the only way you think your gonna win the thing then go ahead - ur only foolin urself sonny - idve whipped you if we hadve kept playin and u know that, thats the only reason u wont play again - so u play gilly 3 times and prob will play him again to sort out your result - why dont u and him just set up your own league - that way we can all get on with a good mannered sportsmanlike league and you and him can have a love in with a load of games together!! Good lad...

So ill keep playing you till you beat me?? Because when i seem to be winning you get "disconnected" ..You would have whipped me?? i think i was winning 2-1??

As i said it was neither of our connections it was ea servers so if your going to be a kid and think that ill give u a rematch because i want to prove a point then no....

If it matters you that much i want give gillysome a rematch ill take the nil all...

Grow up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Replays should be allowed because this is all happening because the EA servers are acting up and they still haven't bothered making a patch for it, it's not the players fault. But there's going to have to be stipulations to replays. What if you're 4 up with 10 mins to go and the connection goes? Your or his, it doesn't really matter the game was over. But then there's the case when you're 1 up after 20mins and the connection goes. Yours or his, it does matter, the losing team could have gotten back into it and it wasn't their fault the servers went. So there's going to have to be certain criteria that have to be met for there to be a replay.

Lads if you log into your router and enable Upnp it helps things a bit.

neil.p.b wrote: »
    Replays should be allowed because this is all happening because the EA servers are acting up and they still haven't bothered making a patch for it, it's not the players fault. But there's going to have to be stipulations to replays. What if you're 4 up with 10 mins to go and the connection goes? Your or his, it doesn't really matter the game was over. But then there's the case when you're 1 up after 20mins and the connection goes. Yours or his, it does matter, the losing team could have gotten back into it and it wasn't their fault the servers went. So there's going to have to be certain criteria that have to be met for there to be a replay.

Lads if you log into your router and enable Upnp it helps things a bit.

no its not...

as philt said it was his eircom connection!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Tribal_Army and/or Capajoma wanna play tonight? I'll be on at 6 but will probably watch a bit of CL at 7 or so but will be back on at about 10 if that suits either of you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Em....ok, maybe for that incident, but most disconnections are because of EA servers. Google it, it's a big problem everywhere, not just UPC or eircom users.

Advertisement