Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 4 - Main Thread / General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

I have upnp enabled, i have the ps3 in the d.m.z. i have done everything i possibly could to get a solid connection with u.p.c but to no avail. It turns out it seems to be a widespread problem with u.p.c this week. there is a thread on boards about their sucky bb and how woeful it has been over the last few days. as philt said he is getting onto eircom to try and get their service back so hopefully we shouldnt run into anymore connection problems.

in fairness colly there was about 20 mins gone in that game when the connection went. not giving a replay is very unsportmanslike.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

colly54 wrote: »
    So ill keep playing you till you beat me?? Because when i seem to be winning you get "disconnected" ..You would have whipped me?? i think i was winning 2-1??

As i said it was neither of our connections it was ea servers so if your going to be a kid and think that ill give u a rematch because i want to prove a point then no....

If it matters you that much i want give gillysome a rematch ill take the nil all...

Grow up!!
    Here - im not sayin Gilly doesnt deserve a replay - im only sayin that i deserve one as well - and as for growing up is concerned - i think u have a lot of it to do with your smart comments on the last league and now your unsportsmanlike behaviour in this one - i know ur desperate to win one of these leagues - always the bridesmade, must be hard for you. And if you were reading it properly it was my UPC connection - im ringin eircom now to get set back up again - im sacrificing free internet to pay eircom just to play in this league so all i was asking for was a replay coz of the ****e upc connection - u can have the win now for bein a dick about it but ill be dyin to play you in the rematch - loser!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

alanc2003 wrote: »
    I have upnp enabled, i have the ps3 in the d.m.z. i have done everything i possibly could to get a solid connection with u.p.c but to no avail. It turns out it seems to be a widespread problem with u.p.c this week. there is a thread on boards about their sucky bb and how woeful it has been over the last few days. as philt said he is getting onto eircom to try and get their service back so hopefully we shouldnt run into anymore connection problems.

in fairness colly there was about 20 mins gone in that game when the connection went. not giving a replay is very unsportmanslike.

ill give a replay if he wants but what if it happens again??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Jesus lads, it's only a game.

You dont get anything for winning it i couldnt careless....
    I can see this becoming a trend though with a few people and the league will be messed up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

That_Guy wrote: »
    Jesus lads, it's only a game.

Awful lot of moaning by some sore losers!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

I'm with UPC as well, and my internet connection doesn't go, i just get disconnected from EA servers. Yeah it's true that UPC's bb has been pretty shoddy over the last weeks but if you just look on ps3 and ea forums you'll see that the problem of disconnection is worldwide, and the exact same thing happened last year with fifa 10 until they released a patch. Switching from UPC may help your bb, but the disconnection from EA servers problem will still be there until EA sort it out.

And as i said earlier wools will just have to make rules on when a replay should/nt be replayed. I agree that at 2-1 down and still 20 mins to go then there is an argument for a replay, but what if it's 3-1 down with 5 mins to go? I think everyone should just wait for wools to decide on this else we're going to have these arguments happening every gameweek and it does take some of the fun out of it when you come here and there's bickering.

I can see this becoming a trend though with a few people and the league will be messed up
    well if you have paid attention over the last 2-3 leagues, that has never happend before and once i get back onto eircom then it wont happen again so gavin shels - sore losers isnt exactly the term id use - pissed of users of upc would be more apt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

ill give a replay if he wants but what if it happens again??

well hopefully it wont be happening again when we get switched back to eircom. I never had trouble playing online with them, just u.p.c seem to be having issues as described in the below thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056063697

Ill let theWools decide

• Advertisement

Had to upload this goal from my match with This_Guy a little earlier... opening goal in my 2-0 victory. I reckon I was more shocked then he was in seeing the ball just about beat his keeper in off the post :pac:

It's fookin' on now biatch. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Philt27 wrote: »
    has never happend before and once i get back onto eircom then it wont happen again so gavin shels - sore losers isnt exactly the term id use - pissed of users of upc would be more apt!!

Instead of causing 2 and a half pages of tripe on this you should have just pm'ed' colly54 and thewools!

Instead of causing 2 and a half pages of tripe on this you should have just pm'ed' colly54 and thewools!
    Why are you even gettin involved??U dont have to read it if you dont want to muppet!!

Mod Note: Banned for a week for personal abuse. Its stated clearly in the stickies at the top personal abuse wont be tolerated!

neil.p.b wrote: »
    I'm with UPC as well, and my internet connection doesn't go, i just get disconnected from EA servers. Yeah it's true that UPC's bb has been pretty shoddy over the last weeks but if you just look on ps3 and ea forums you'll see that the problem of disconnection is worldwide, and the exact same thing happened last year with fifa 10 until they released a patch. Switching from UPC may help your bb, but the disconnection from EA servers problem will still be there until EA sort it out.

And as i said earlier wools will just have to make rules on when a replay should/nt be replayed. I agree that at 2-1 down and still 20 mins to go then there is an argument for a replay, but what if it's 3-1 down with 5 mins to go? I think everyone should just wait for wools to decide on this else we're going to have these arguments happening every gameweek and it does take some of the fun out of it when you come here and there's bickering.
    There was only 20 mins gone!! and yea ill go with what the wools decides..:pac:

Tribal_Army and/or Capajoma wanna play tonight? I'll be on at 6 but will probably watch a bit of CL at 7 or so but will be back on at about 10 if that suits either of you?

I'm still waiting on a message back from yesterday?, i messaged you with some hours i was free.

I'll be online playing Dead Rising 2, but i'm always free, so just let me know 10mins in advance(as that games a bitch for saving, you need to find a toilet) and i'll come on, not playing too much FIFA now so don't just be playing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

PM's sent to Colly and Phil.

As there seems to be a crazy amount of disconnections lately - I'm going to revise the rules slightly regarding disconnections.

Any disconnections within the 1st half will mean that the game will be replayed. The majority of disconnections occur almost immediately so this revised rule should help things.

However, if a disconnection occurs thereafter the same rules will apply:
    If a player disconnects while they are winning, a rematch is immediately scheduled. However, if a player disconnects while drawing or losing the game, a walkover is awarded to the other player

I'm still waiting on a message back from yesterday?, i messaged you with some hours i was free.

I'll be online playing Dead Rising 2, but i'm always free, so just let me know 10mins in advance(as that games a bitch for saving, you need to find a toilet) and i'll come on, not playing too much FIFA now so don't just be playing that.

Apologies mate. I didn't see it. Sure, I'll shoot you a message 10 mins beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭r9ronaldo

Apologies mate. I didn't see it. Sure, I'll shoot you a message 10 mins beforehand.

i had a funny glitch yesterday...when i was invited to a league game i was arsenal and could not change,i choose liverpool in the league not arsenal...good old fifa back to its best ha ha!

we just cancelled it and tried again and it worked!

how do lyon have 9 points in league 1 if its only 2 games this week??

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

there's 3

• Advertisement

r9ronaldo wrote: »
    how do lyon have 9 points in league 1 if its only 2 games this week??

3 games in gameweek 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Hi All,i just stumbled upon your forum here about the Fifa League you're running, i'd be interested in joining! we had a league in my local area,my 2 brothers and i came 2nd,3rd and 4th out of 65 people so we are decent but sickening we didnt get 1st place. So can i join the league or has it already begun?

Shane.

Shane.C wrote: »
    Hi All,i just stumbled upon your forum here about the Fifa League you're running, i'd be interested in joining! we had a league in my local area,my 2 brothers and i came 2nd,3rd and 4th out of 65 people so we are decent but sickening we didnt get 1st place. So can i join the league or has it already begun?

Shane.

Too late Shane - Season 5 will be starting in December.

Keep an eye out for that.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Yea sound, thanks!

Shane.

Gillysome - You around for our game today??

Ah no hassle, i know when i'm playing FIFA i don't notice messages coming in, only way i see them is i keep an eye out on my XMB in between loads.

3 games in gameweek 1.

im only down for 2 games!!

r9ronaldo wrote: »
    im only down for 2 games!!

You are Liverpool correct - 3 fixtures this gameweek:
    • Milan Liverpool
    • Liverpool Juventus
    • Liverpool Tottenham Hotspurs

Ah no hassle, i know when i'm playing FIFA i don't notice messages coming in, only way i see them is i keep an eye out on my XMB in between loads.

No problemo mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Kensutz (Kensutz) - Inter Milan
    Paddysnorch (theflesh) - Juventus

If any of these 2 are on later, i can play.

Advertisement