Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 4 - Main Thread / General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

That_Guy wrote: »
    Lads anyone in the Championship know if capajoma has been online or anything? I added him as a friend on PSN the other day but haven't heard anything from him yet. I'm supposed to play him in my final game for this week.

I have to play him this week as well, but he hasn't even joined the league yet afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Ugh, knew I should have stayed offline! :o This is the sort of result I signed up for this season though. Connection was wholey unresponsive, couldn't get players to pass/clear the ball within about 3 seconds of pressing the button, shocking. That must have been the gameplay update that I was prompted to install before kick off! :D Then again, no doubt Inter had the same issues, and handled them way better. Couldn't even begin to get a foothold in the game, walked over from start to finish, and by the end of the second half I think every shot Inter took went in. Militos finishing was immense.

There was a late red card for myself for a last man lunge, apologies, it came about from just mashing the controller in frustration when my last man refused to clear the ball despite my fingers going near purple with the pressure applied! :eek: The resulting free kick was hammered in, and I think 2 more followed in the remaining 5 minutes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Riiiiight. Just played out two 0-0 draws. One against AC Milan where honestly it should have been about 3-3, how in the name of jasus it was 0-0 is beyond me. That zero goals scored in my first 3 games and Villa is largely to blame, missing some serious sitters. 0-0 against Spurs was fair enough too I reckon.

Must practice my finishing for next week. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Im just grateful I havent conceded yet! I am defending well though... cue 10-0 beating next game:pac: Happy with my start though, Athletico Madrid to finish the week, I think:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Really gutted I lost my last game. Went down 1-0 but had a header saved off the line, hit the post three times and had something like 61% possession.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Frisbee wrote: »
    Really gutted I lost my last game. Went down 1-0 but had a header saved off the line, hit the post three times and had something like 61% possession.

You'll hate ever losing to me so, I never win the possession battle!

Just wondering... What's the deal with home/away games in the league.

For example I've found that it tends to be whoever invites the other person that is automatically listed as the home team.

So is the onus on whoever is supposed to be the home team to invite?
    Or does home/away not actually matter and it's just in the fixtures for the sake of having a correct league structure?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

For example I've found that it tends to be whoever invites the other person that is automatically listed as the home team.

Or does home/away not actually matter and it's just in the fixtures for the sake of having a correct league structure?

Doesnt matter who is the "home" team. No advantage / disadvantages...

I don't think it matters, but I thought that when invited through the league you play one home and one away game automatically, might be wrong though.

Anybody else hate the new penalty system? Absolutely atrocious!

L'prof wrote: »
    Anybody else hate the new penalty system? Absolutely atrocious!

Practise makes perfect ;) Its more rewarding now to score a penalty; I like it!! :)

• Advertisement

thewools wrote: »
    Doesnt matter who is the "home" team. No advantage / disadvantages...

Cheers, just wanted to make sure.
    I don't think it matters, but I thought that when invited through the league you play one home and one away game automatically, might be wrong though.

Yeah I'm sure you do but if I was due to play my away game against you first and I invited you I'd be home so wouldn't be in line with the fixtures. Doesn't matter anyway :)

Practise makes perfect ;) Its more rewarding now to score a penalty; I like it!! :)

Nope, you're wrong :pac:, it's terrible! Why not make the free kicks more complicated? Penalties are relatively straight forward in real life, but I played a penalty shoot out last night and only score 3/7! Most went straight down the middle. I know, with practice, I'll get there, but it was unnecessary in my opinion! Maybe for free kicks!

Yeah I'm sure you do but if I was due to play my away game against you first and I invited you I'd be home so wouldn't be in line with the fixtures. Doesn't matter anyway :)

What I'm saying is, that I thought FIFA took care of that in the league in order to give you a home and away game and, you're right, it doesn't matter :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Hope to get my opening fixtures out of the way either today or tomorrow.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'd love to recount everything in my match last night with PaddyBomb but tbf a lot of things were a bit hazy for me, especially the 1st half and including my goal in the 2nd half! :pac:

I do remember there there was some good pass and move football played between us , the first half was pretty much all PB.

2nd half was more even. Made the breakthrough fairly late on. 80 something minute and literally PB equalised a minute or two later just before full time. Damn Fabregas with a header of all things! :o

Bit of a kick to the nads but overall, a draw was a fair result.

I think I'll be reverting back to my old trusty formation for now on, need to find some way to get more out of Kun who is child among tanks in the game. Continually shrugged off the ball when in good areas is killing me in attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Yeah I enjoyed that match Alves. You came right at me in the second half after I had most of the ball in the first. I taught you had the better chances but I couldnt believe Chamakh missed that open header just before you scored. Walcott was great when I braught him on, too bad he's not like that when I start him :D

Good match though, mate. Well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Capajoma, show yourself!!! You're my last game in this gameweek and I don't want a default 3-0 victory. Hop to it mate.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Capajoma, show yourself!!! You're my last game in this gameweek and I don't want a default 3-0 victory. Hop to it mate.

Drop him a PM. It will bounce on an message to his email account.

Points will be deducted to players who have played less than 4 games before Monday 1st November. (See Rules)

Drop him a PM. It will bounce on an message to his email account.

Points will be deducted to players who have played less than 4 games before Monday 1st November. (See Rules)

I'm due to play him this week as well. He still hasn't joined the league (last time I looked anyway). I just PM'd him there, so hopefully he gets his act together and we get the games played in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

DCorkey
    Krameel67
    Nalareg

I'm free to play this evening. Nalareg IIRC said he'd be on.

• Advertisement

Myself and Naraleg (Chelsea/R.Madrid) shared the spoils in a 2-2 draw.

First two goals were both horrid defensive errors. He took the lead straight from my tip off but I managed to pull it back. He dominated the next while but I came back after the break and took the lead with a rocket about 15 minutes before the end. Joy was shortlived though as he pulled it back almost immediately.

If I had won it would've been quite a travesty, can't deny Naraleg a draw at all.

Adam like I said on PSN a little earlier, I'll play you sometime after 9. Just want to get one match in before I play you if that's alright with you mate.

Adam like I said on PSN a little earlier, I'll play you sometime after 9. Just want to get one match in before I play you if that's alright with you mate.

Yea no problem. I have no plans tonight. So I'll be here.

You going to be on manual? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 The Cool One

Voltwad wrote: »
    Myself and Naraleg (Chelsea/R.Madrid) shared the spoils in a 2-2 draw.

First two goals were both horrid defensive errors. He took the lead straight from my tip off but I managed to pull it back. He dominated the next while but I came back after the break and took the lead with a rocket about 15 minutes before the end. Joy was shortlived though as he pulled it back almost immediately.

If I had won it would've been quite a travesty, can't deny Naraleg a draw at all.
    It was a good game. I was gutted I didn't win though. I had one of the worst misses I've ever seen on the game, cannoned a shot off the crossbar from 6 yards out. The Drogba goal was sick though, I hope you saved it and put it into the Goal of the Week comp! Woeful defending on both the first goals too, which was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

Nope, you're wrong :pac:, it's terrible! Why not make the free kicks more complicated? Penalties are relatively straight forward in real life, but I played a penalty shoot out last night and only score 3/7! Most went straight down the middle. I know, with practice, I'll get there, but it was unnecessary in my opinion! Maybe for free kicks!

I agree with you on this 1. The free kicks used to be better in the older fifas:(. The last 2 or 3 games theyve come down to more or less hit and hope. Not a big fan of the new pens either, its making the uncomplicated complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

Back on eircom, shudnt have anymore connection problems, well not as bad as upc anyway!

DCorkey, i'll get you Saturday if that suits?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Voltwad wrote: »
    DCorkey, i'll get you Saturday if that suits?
    Yeah thats perfect

Each League Thread (Prem / Champ / League 1) have been updated with fixtures for Gameweek 2.

All outstanding games for Gameweek 1 have also been posted.

I had to update everyone a few days early; as I will be away on holidays from tomorrow for a week

• Advertisement

Each League Thread (Prem / Champ / League 1) have been updated with fixtures for Gameweek 2.

All outstanding games for Gameweek 1 have also been posted.

I had to update everyone a few days early; as I will be away on holidays from tomorrow for a week

Think I speak for everyone here when I say, enjoy(you no doubt will) your holiday in Vegas(I'm hopefully returning to Las Vegas sometime next year) .. ya lucky bastardo :D

Anywhoo..

2 wins and a draw in the Championship now for moi, quite pleased though admittedly I'am still a tad annoyed I couldn't hold out for 4 minutes vs PB for the win :p

Thought I was relatively comfortable as one can be in a competitive match last night vs TBone, despite a huge amount of trick he pulled/tried to pull off. I just kept things simple and it worked. One of his tricks did work inside the box that lead to a penalty that he dispatched. I was so sure I got some of the ball orginally. I think besides that there was a header he probably feels he should have tuck away but I had my good fair share of chances spurned too.

Said in my last post that I'd revert back to my old trusted formation which I did. Finally found a position that best suits Ageuro and came up trumps for me. He was MOTM with 2 assists and 1 goal. My front four of Forlan, Ageuro, Reyes and Simao, were all were pretty awesome and all contributed in the goals in fact and that was very pleasing.

Uploaded a couple of the goals(again shame the clips aren't longer as there was some brilliant build up in both):
    1st goal - http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/43787258
    3rd goal - http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/43787994

Advertisement