Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 4 - Main Thread / General Banter

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnnyBomb

Aint having the best start meself in league 1 with juventus, have had 3 very close games so far and very good chances but just cannot score at all with them, if it wasnt for krasic id be slaughtered :D, be happy now nearly with a goal, any1 know for the next league what craic is do we have keep same teams? i dont see me ever challenging promotion with juve :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

T
    Thought I was relatively comfortable as one can be in a competitive match last night vs TBone, despite a huge amount of trick he pulled/tried to pull off. I just kept things simple and it worked. One of his tricks did work inside the box that lead to a penalty that he dispatched. I was so sure I got some of the ball orginally. I think besides that there was a header he probably feels he should have tuck away but I had my good fair share of chances spurned too.

Said in my last post that I'd revert back to my old trusted formation which I did. Finally found a position that best suits Ageuro and came up trumps for me. He was MOTM with 2 assists and 1 goal. My front four of Forlan, Ageuro, Reyes and Simao, were all were pretty awesome and all contributed in the goals in fact and that was very pleasing.

Uploaded a couple of the goals(again shame the clips aren't longer as there was some brilliant build up in both):
    1st goal - http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/43787258
    3rd goal - http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/43787994

Pitty my passing wasn't on form at all. Which is really annoying cause it was great earlier on in the day (cause some of us don't CHEAT and let the computer do everything for us! :cool: )

And it was defo a peno Adnan, not that it really mad any difference, it was in the 90th minute.

GG though, and wp.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Pitty my passing wasn't on form at all. Which is really annoying cause it was great earlier on in the day (cause some of us don't CHEAT and let the computer do everything for us! :cool: )

And it was defo a peno Adnan, not that it really mad any difference, it was in the 90th minute.

Not disagreeing mate. Like I said originally, I was sure I got some of the ball first. The replay was conclusive that I didn't though.

I'll play you soon enough outside the league, all manual. Haven't given it much time compared to previous FIFA and PES games yet as I've been playing club as I'm sure you know ;) You play manual on club you'll be ripped apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Just to let the lads know I'll be on late tonight and most of tomorrow I'll be available for my games.

Not disagreeing mate. Like I said originally, I was sure I got some of the ball first. The replay was conclusive that I didn't though.

I'll play you soon enough outside the league, all manual. Haven't given it much time compared to previous FIFA and PES games yet as I've been playing club as I'm sure you know ;) You play manual on club you'll be ripped apart.

Yea sounds good. Its sooooo much more fun playing against manual people. I'm yet to lose a Manual Ranked game.

Manual is the way to go, if only assisted didn't exist and everyone was manual the game would be a million times better.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Yea sounds good. Its sooooo much more fun playing against manual people. I'm yet to lose a Manual Ranked game.

Manual is the way to go, if only assisted didn't exist and everyone was manual the game would be a million times better.

Totally agree. But one thing you must know about me is that I'm a gaming try hard for the most part especially in FIFA. So since there is no rules regarding controls and most people are assisted, may as well do the same. Fair play if you were using manual last night.

Shame I wasn't a try hard in 'nure eh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Bugg wrote: »
    Yeah thats perfect
    Sometime in the afternoon after the Everton/Spurs game. Would that be okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭markontap

kensutz wrote: »
    Just to let the lads know I'll be on late tonight and most of tomorrow I'll be available for my games.

I'm off to Glasgow in the morn for the old firm so I'll be around tonight to get our match played..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Voltwad
    Kensutz
    Paddysnorch

Not entirely sure when I'll be available this weekend. If you send me a PM or a PSN message as to when you're available, I'll do my best to make myself available then.

Totally agree. But one thing you must know about me is that I'm a gaming try hard for the most part especially in FIFA. So since there is no rules regarding controls and most people are assisted, may as well do the same. Fair play if you were using manual last night.

Shame I wasn't a try hard in 'nure eh :pac:

I was totally manual last night (thought it would have been clear from my frequent miss placed passed :D ).

I completely agree with were your coming from. But when you play manual and the go back to assisted it just feels like cheating. So when people use assisted I feel like they are cheating too.

I'm going to work my way to the top of the manual Irish leader boards, shouldn't be too hard, only played 5 ranked manual games, and I'm 4th in Ireland. 1st has something like 1400points.

At least it will be something to show for my manual-ness.

And ha, I don't think either of us were much of try hards in 'nure, hahah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

Real madrid, spurs or ac milan around today?? Premiership..

orrj, haunis and hatchets i think it is..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

colly54 wrote: »
    Real madrid, spurs or ac milan around today?? Premiership..

orrj, haunis and hatchets i think it is..

Hungover at the moment, but I might get on later after a greasy Chinese :D

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

• Arsenal : AC Milan - joe2772 (hatchets27)
    • Arsenal : Zenit St. Petersburg - Uroboric (Topher)
    • Arsenal : Atletico Madrid - conco27 (alanc2003)
    Alright guys I'm back home so I can play Fifa again:) I'm around till about 7 now then I'll be back around 10 if yous can play tonight.

TheWools, you able to play this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 The Cool One

I'm assuming Capajoma is MIA somewhere, because he still hasn't accepted my friend request, so I'll let that gaem slide for a while.

Kensutz
    joc203
    Paddysnorch

I'll be on at various times over the long weekend, so PM me here or on PSN and we'll sort a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

PREMIERSHIP GW 2
    thewools wrote: »
    Full Team Listings:

Premiership (14)
    philly_c_ (Philly_C) - Arsenal
    conco27 (alanc2003) - Atletico Madrid
    Uroboric (Topher) - Zenit St. Petersburg

Lads I'm about a bit this evening/ tonight if ye want to get games played. Stag over the weekend will mean that Sat and Sun will probably see me nowhere near the PS.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

What is going on with thewools? :eek: Your thumb still messed up?????? :confused:

When the next season starts will I be put into the bottom league?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Finally got myself another 3 pointer today against hatchets27...

Was robbed against philly_c_ wasn't even funny. The ball had a magnetic urge to kiss the woodwork or the keeper for me... And Van Persie scored a cracker from 25 out... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Aha Shake wrote: »
    What is going on with thewools? :eek: Your thumb still messed up?????? :confused:

When the next season starts will I be put into the bottom league?

Ha... nah no excuse! Bayern just aint the team I thought they would be :rolleyes:

Anyone with a bit of pace up front is killing my two centre defenders! Its a relegation dog fight I'll be looking at this season! But looking forward to it :)

You will be back into one of the "new" leagues I'm afraid..

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Played 4 games this evening. The first against Chelsea(Crosaidi), went 2 up and was clawed back to 2-2 with 2 headers from Drogba(the man is unbeatable in the air!:p). Crosaidi had more possession but I had more chances so disappointed I didn't get the win in this.

Second game was against AC Milan(hatchets27). He completely outplayed played me for the first half and I was deservedly 3 down. Managed to get 2 back in the 2nd half but despite a tense finish I couldn't get any clear cut chances and hatchets27 got the win he probaly deserved.

Third game I played was against Bayern Munich(thewools). Went 1-0 down but came back to win 2-1. Scored a cracker from long range with Van Persie to get me level.

Fourth game was against Barcelona(Fizman). Game finished 1-1, all the action happened early on with 2 nice finishes from the two of us. Draw was definately a fair result in this one with both teams missing chances to go in front. Fizman missed a sitter from 2 yards if I remember right:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Philly_C wrote: »
    Fourth game was against Barcelona(Fizman). Game finished 1-1, all the action happened early on with 2 nice finishes from the two of us. Draw was definately a fair result in this one with both teams missing chances to go in front. Fizman missed a sitter from 2 yards if I remember right:D

Ya, Messi. :( The draw was certainly the fair result. My passing went to complete sh1te in the second half.

I'm definitely going to have to alter formation as 4-3-3 just isn't working for some reason. 1 goal in 4 games is not good enough with Barca. Granted I probably have one of the better defensive records, but it's still infuriatingly difficult to score right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Capajoma

Sorry about the delay guys, somebody in the family got very sick but thankfully they are on the mend now, so I will be able to play all my games anytime over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Sorry I didn't respond yesterday lads, but was nowhere near anywhere that could be remotely described as civilization. Zenit will be available for receiving tankings later this evening, should any of you be available. :)

Fizman
    Philly_c
    conco27
    Philt27

• Registered Users Posts: 49 The Cool One

Send out 3 friend requests to my opponents this week and I've got to play Capajoma too soon. I'll be on and off through out the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Voltwad wrote: »
    Sometime in the afternoon after the Everton/Spurs game. Would that be okay?
    Yeah that should be grand. I've had a very busy few days lately, its all cleared up now so I'll be around more often to play my games.

i'm ready now if you are man.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

CSKA Moscow - colly54 - colly54
    Inter Milan swarlez - liverpoolrob
    Liverpool - dungdoc - Gavin "shels"

When are ye around lads. I didn't get on to play colly last night, we were both on today, but he was having disconnection issues, so we didn't play.

Capajoma is alive, think were playing out game tonight at some stage.

Hopefully manage to get my first point!

Man City 1-3 Chelsea in the Championship. Felt that Bugg had enough chances to get a few more on the scoreboard but so did I. 4 points from 3 games and ready for the next round.

whycliff, peepingtom, markontap, kensutz around now?

• Advertisement

Christ, 3 lost on the trot, feel very unlucky not have at least 4 points but thats the way it goes:mad: Have to get at least one win in the next gameweek or this could get very embarrassing:o

Advertisement