Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadworks in the Huntstown area

Options
  • 18-10-2010 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭

So the proposed changes by fingal coco to the huntstown area are finally being implemented:

- the blakestown road roundabout is gone. This is being replaced by a signalled junction. According to the plans

- the inbound Buslane is on the way

- the putting sticks around trees idea. I don't get this one.

- the busshelters are also being upgraded.

I will try and pull out the link to the details but it has gone ahead to schedule. They did say late 2010. Not sure how long it's meant to take.

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Files/Roads/Huntstown%20Way%20QBC%20Public%20Display%20Advert.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

I agree thomasj, can't see the point of those sticks at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is to limit damage to the trees if they are crashed into.
    I saw the torn up roundabout at the top of blakestown road and couldn't believe it,
    as they spent all last year digging that road up and "improving" it.
    It will be intresting to see what the priortiy of the juncion will be as it was orginally that the blakestown road to the Navan road had top priority but the Hunttownway/blakestown way has the busses on it and most of the traffic heading to the centre and the N3 exchanges.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Bit of a bumber about loosing the round about now ill have to stop at that junction now instead of just sailing through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

We now will have five sets of lights on a road which previously had none, it's going to cause even more people sitting in traffic on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

traffic lights are probably the safest option at that particular junction imo due to the high walls (scallywags creche) blocking full view of the roundabout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

More traffic lights. Driving to work in the morning is bad enough without more lights to slow the traffic down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

20 minutes hartstown to the old roundabout this morning Traffic is a nightmare !

Why can't they do these works over the summer holidays?

Can you imagine what this will be like when the lights come in! :(

Advertisement