Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linux+ or LPI

Options
  • 18-10-2010 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Which of these starter Linux Exams is best to do, any advice appreciated, I have some good hands on experience with Open Suse and Debian, looking to get certs for it, as every little helps these days...Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭coolpix23

The upside to the Linux+ is that it has CompTIA in front of it. I've had HR people at interviews not know anything about LPIC even though they wanted Linux.

The up side to the LPIC is that, to people who know it is more respected and after the basic 101/102's you can go on to the 201/202's and the 3's.

For the flavour of Linux I'd get CentOS, it's Redhat Enterprise Linux RHEL with all the references to Redhat taken out. So on a CV you can put CentOS/RHEL.

I used suse because it's owned by Sun, how could you go wrong. Again lot's of HR people don't know jack!

Patrick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭jos22

choose the CompTIA root and do the following

A new benefit for CompTIA Linux+ Powered by LPI candidates is that they may choose, at the time they take the exams, to have their exam record forwarded to the Linux Professional Institute. Certification in CompTIA Linux+ Powered by LPI enables candidates to become certified in LPIC-1 as well, enabling further participation in the LPI program if the candidate chooses. Please note that CompTIA maintains candidate-confidential records for all exam takers, for their own access and use for employment or educational purposes. Any choice to forward an exam record to LPI is made only by the candidate.

that way you get the best of both

Advertisement