Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inter Milan Away

Options
  • 18-10-2010 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

So VDV is out and so is Ledly it might be too much to expect Gallas to play twice in a week? Kaboul could step in and make an appearence which I wouldn't really be very dissapointed in given he is twice the player since coming back.
    Gomes
    Hutton
    Kaboul----Bassong----BAE
    Lennon
    Hudd
    Modric
    Bale
    Kranjcar
    Crouch/Pav

Pav is the man in form but crouch does have the ability to hold the ball up it will be intresting to see how it goes funny enough i'd probably be happier to see Crouch lead the line.

I'd love a win but in reality a draw would be fantastic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Would take your arm off for a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

crouch will defo lead the line cos away to inter pav wont get much ball and he wont track back. at least crouch would be good to defend set pieces

i hope he dosent play two up front with vdv out cos we will get taken apart. gallas will play again id say with bassong .lets hope kaboul is nearly ready.

niko wont play, why do people keep thinking he will? jenas or wilson could get the nod to flood the midfield

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Wilson injured I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I really hope Kranjcar plays this match, he was on fire for Croatia during the international week, and he'll be dying to get his foot back in the door again.

I assume Crouch will be playing, which is a good thing because European defenders never know how to really cope with him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I cant see Harry playing anything other than a 4-5-1. If Gallas is fit then he should play. The team I'd like to see would be:

Gomes
    Kaboul - - - - Gallas - - - - Bassong - - - - BAE
    Lennon - - - - Jenas - - - - Hudd - - - - Modric - - - - Bale
    Crouch

Modric will probably support Crouch but I doubt he'll play as high up as VDV did. Would be over the moon with a point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

THFC wrote: »
    Gomes
    Kaboul - - - - Gallas - - - - Bassong - - - - BAE
    Lennon - - - - Jenas - - - - Hudd - - - - Modric - - - - Bale
    Crouch

That's how I see it. Plenty of pace on the wings, but plenty of energetics players in the middle with Modric and Jenas. Lucio will have a much harder time with Crouch than with Pav too.

Just noticed in the top thread that a couple of the lads are going to this one. Great occasion for a spurs fan to be at, so fair play. It's a long way up to that Upper Upper tier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

im really looking forward to this game going up against the defending champions this is what its all about.i know we're missing ledley and rafa but after watching inter yesterday against calgairi im not that worried about them i think the pace we have in the team will really worry them and crouch will will give thier centre backs a torrid time.id take a point now no problem but iv a sneaky feeling we'll take all 3.COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

The mighty Spurs face the reigning European Champions on Wednesday . And its not a friendly!!!! Really loking forward to this one even though anything more than a draw will be a huge bonus.
    Harry was right in selecting a full strenght team against Fulham. I think he realised that a win against Inter away is unlikely (as would most English teams going to the San Siro) and decided to go for it against Fulham. It backfried slightly with Kings injury but the 3 points were all that mattered.
    I still think Harry will go all out for a victory on Wednesday as thats the way Spurs play.
    I think he will select:

Gomes
    Hutton-Bassong-Gallas (unfortunately)-BAE
    Lennon-Hudd-Jenas-Bale
    Modric
    Crouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Harry was right in selecting a full strenght team against Fulham. I think he realised that a win against Inter away is unlikely (as would most English teams going to the San Siro) and decided to go for it against Fulham.

I agree that Harry was right to play a strong side against Fulham and with the bit of luck from the officials, it paid off.

In regard to the Inter game, I'm hoping that Harry doesn't be over cautious and defensive with his team selection. Sure, we expect to pegged back in our own half for a lot of the game but we still have a few players who can be devastating on the break.

I reckon the Inter players won't fancy the prospect of Bale and Lennon running at them on either flank.

Gomes
    Hutton-Bassong-Gallas-BAE
    Lennon-Hudd-Palacios-Modric-Bale
    Pavlyuchenko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Completely forgot that Keane played in Milan 10 years ago... He'll be well up for making a point in the San Siro!

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Completely forgot that Keane played in Milan 10 years ago... He'll be well up for making a point in the San Siro!

he has no chance of getting a game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

No chance but it would be just football if he came off the bench and scored the winner or something wouldn't it?

Seemingly he is still fondly remembered by the fans at Inter.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Well tonight see's us arrive in the big time CL:)
    Prediction 2-2 .. COYS

tottenhamhotspur.gif

larry1 wrote: »
    Well tonight see's us arrive in the big time CL:)
    Prediction 2-2 .. COYS

tottenhamhotspur.gif

inter arent the force they were last season without jose and milito missing is a huge blow for them . a draw would be a great result for us and a defeat would be far from the end of the world either

I been looking forward to this one since the draw. Just a hint of magic in the air I feel.

I'm thinking a 2-1 win. To the bookies!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Part of me is hugely optimistic. They won't have played a team like us, the likes of Bale and Lennon (who I hope plays well) on the wings, and Crouch up front. As long as our defenders play well, we definitely have a chance. I'd chew my own arm off for a draw but wouldn't be too disappointed with a loss as long as it's not by more than a goal. Next weeks match is more important as I can't imagine many teams in our group getting points at Inter.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Part of me is hugely optimistic. They won't have played a team like us, the likes of Bale and Lennon (who I hope plays well) on the wings, and Crouch up front. As long as our defenders play well, we definitely have a chance. I'd chew my own arm off for a draw but wouldn't be too disappointed with a loss as long as it's not by more than a goal. Next weeks match is more important as I can't imagine many teams in our group getting points at Inter.

Totally agree with SuprSi here. The return leg at WHL is more imortant than tonights game. But I would still love us to go there and have a go rather than sit back. We didn't play 38 hard games last season to finally finish in the top 4 to now go up against one of the biggest teams in Europe and play a defensive game. Its not the Spurs way. With our pace on the wings we will cause them trouble.
    Its a pity we have so many injuries ( and VDVs suspension) for such a showcase game.
    In Harry we trust. To dare is to do.

COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Come on Spurs ... this is the one we've been waiting for ...

Was in Milan last week on a training course (tried my hardest to have it shifted to this week but no joy :mad: )

Talking to some of the local lads there, they are looking forward to the game and know that we have a couple of good quick players in Lennon and Bale, they don't think it will be easy .. but they expect to win ... I'll go for a 2-1 Spurs win :D

Had a tour around the san siro whilst over there, and when i was over last year took in a Inter - Roma game ... must say wasn't that impressed by the ground ..pitch looks smaller than i thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

ziedth wrote: »
    I been looking forward to this one since the draw. Just a hint of magic in the air I feel.

I'm thinking a 2-1 win. To the bookies!!!!

im led to believe we are 4-1 to win!

• Advertisement

keane=cock wrote: »
    im led to believe we are 4-1 to win!

9/2 now.

Bale to score and Spurs to win 0-1 is 125/1!!!

^ a 4-1 win is 9/2???? surely your half insane half mad?

That Bale bet is worth €2 isn't it?

^ a 4-1 win is 9/2???? surely your half insane half mad?

That Bale bet is worth €2 isn't it?

Ziedth, we are 9/2 to win the game tonight.

I figured that out as soon as I hit post :)

9/2 isn't a bad bet either! Think maybe €20 on us might set me up for the weekend. Getting married Friday so I need all the money I can get :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

9/2 isn't a bad bet either! Think maybe €20 on us might set me up for the weekend. Getting married Friday so I need all the money I can get :)
    Congrats hopefully this will set up the weekend nicely for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

9/2 now.

Bale to score and Spurs to win 0-1 is 125/1!!!

nice little bet that.

what about crouchs height? he is "only" 75-1 for spurs one nil.

with his height i reckon we will get a lot of free kicks so amybe bale but who will be our pen taker should we get one? pav scored the last one but not likely we will play 2 strikers(or will we?). VDV missed the one before n scored one but is suspended. keane usually puts them away(except for the last ireland one:p) but is unlikely to play. modric has missed huddle also, defoe misses loads n injured. who do we fancy to hit them???

Getting married Friday so I need all the money I can get :)

Congrats mate :eek: Welcome to the club pal, it's all downhill from here :D;)

Congrats Ziedth. A nice Spurs win tonight could start off the celebrations early. You can thank Gareth Bale in your speech on Friday.

I'll bloody marry him Friday if he does it :) cheers all!!!

• Advertisement

I'll bloody marry him Friday if he does it :) cheers all!!!

Advertisement