Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inter Milan Away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭larry1

Bale is a legend

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Only positive is the other result. Could have been a lot worse than what it is. Are Wolfsburg at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Cianan2 wrote: »
    His price just rose by 30 million!!!

Make that 50 million!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

how was there just 2 mins injury time :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

Bale is a legend. Hatrick from left midfield in a side getting thumped with 10 men.

• Advertisement

I just remembered I had Bale in my FF CL team... Might as well make it another positive from tonight!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bale you legend! :D

Still a loss, but considering we lost Gomes after 8 minutes, it's a decent result. Not a great performance, but a decent result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

3-0 down after 14 mins down to ten men , 4-3 final result well in Spurs, pity ye werent awake for the first 30 mins, Harry must have given them some roasting at half time , we should take them at the lane.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭larry1

Still 2nd in group,Twente V Bremen 1-1 FT

THFC wrote: »
    Only positive is the other result. Could have been a lot worse than what it is. Are Wolfsburg at home?

OMFG, what am I on about!? Are Bremen at home??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

OMFG, what am I on about!? Are Bremen at home??

No Twente at home..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Wasn't happy at half-time, what with a poor start exacerbated by a being down to ten men......against a team of Inter's standard, with them at home, half-time's 4-0 down would be expected in those circumstances.......

But a 4-3 scoreline at the finish!!!! Wow!!!!!

COYS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

What was looking like a complete disaster didn't end up so bad in the end,the 3 goals will help our goal dif and with the other game ending in a draw it could have been a lot worse.If they hadn't heard of Bale in Europe before they sure know of him now,what a performance.World class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Not such a bad result in the end even though Inter took their foot off the pedal in the second half. What a player Bale is.:) They're going to have to double up on him at WHL. hopefully King will be fit for the return game as Gomes will be a big loss.

How far away is Dawson from being match-fit, anyone know? Gallas looked pretty poor tonight.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Hopefully we will learn from our poor start and take the positives from the second half. The Twente-Bremen result is very good for our chances of progressing. A point at home to Inter would keep us well in the battle for second but a win would be great as it would also keep the pressure on Inter and force them to put out strong teams in their last two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 davemac24

gallas had a shocker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Jesus bale gave am account of himself tonight, trebled his worth in europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭tipperaryjim

Watched the match here in a bar in Sicily and to the relief of my sanity, they switched off the game for the end of the first half and most of the second half as it was pure tripe!

Yeah sure, 4-3 is a respectable scoreline but are we looking down the barrel of a Bale-less WHL in January following his heroics on the field tonight.

He's gonna be on a lot of lists now and he's the type of player we should really try to keep at the lane if we've any serious long term aspirations...

Funny this, in one way I'm relatively pleased with the final scoreline but in another way I'm worried that we might lose Bale!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

A bit of spirit/fight was shown in the 2nd half.
    The first half there was none of that, I wouldn't blame individuals as the whole team seemed scared of Inter & San Siro. Hopefully the 2nd half display ( all be it Inter did sit back a bit) will give the lads confidence and a realisation that they can play them on even terms, for the home league at The Lane.
    We need Ledley back and if Bale is double marked...could free up space for VdV & Lennon.
    Roll on 2nd Nov......The future is Bright, The future is Bale :D

Tbh I dont think we can take any positives from the performance tonight, apart from Bale of course, and that, ironically enough (as an above poster pointed out) could see him leave soon enough. The rest of the lads were shocking. Perhaps I'm being too harsh here but if we played like that every week we would get taken apart. Only one player had a good 90 mins. Our defence was shambolic, our midf was taken apart and we had no presence up the field (not blaming Crouch for this, rather the ref for sending off Gomes). If we are as static as that for the return leg I dont think Inter will be as forgiving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Perhaps I'm being too harsh here but if we played like that every week we would get taken apart.

Id expect us to get taken apart most weeks if we played the european champions with ten men every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Id expect us to get taken apart most weeks if we played the european champions with ten men every week.
    It was such a dissapointing start Jenas didn't run with his man and Gallas was terrible I thought can't wait till Dawson and Kaboul are back we played pretty well all things considered dissapointing result especially when we had several chances to get a goal in the first and second half that if we put away it could of gotten us something

Hatch99 wrote: »

Had Gomes not taken down yer man (Biabiany was it?) we would probably have been 2 down inside 12 mins anyways, and had he stayed on the pitch we probably would have conceded just as many. That 1st half performance was brutal by any standards, 10 or 11 men. The Gomes sending off provides us with an excuse for the performance. Even Wolves would have been made look good against such a static defence.
    That said it was something like our 11th CB pairing in the 14 games of our season so far, but Jesus Christ, we still should have been far, far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

It was good to see Robbie come on and hastle them he did a better job then Crouch at it and Lennon looks to be coming into some form as well this could be brilliant timing for us if he is

Hilarious that bale hit the same corner 3 times poor Cesar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

What a weird match. Everyone on the Soccer forum is saying how Inter took their foot off the gas for the second half and if they hadn't that we wouldn't have come back at them. Well a big two fingers to that. The scoreline is what matters, and effectively we lost by a goal, down to 10 men for the vast majority of the game, at the home of the European Champions. There's no shame in that. If we go and beat Inter in WHL, nobody will care whether Inter took it easy in the second half of last nights game.

Overall I think the lads were a bit overwhelmed at the experience. This is understandable, considering who we were playing and where it was. I don't expect the same thing to happen in WHL, especially not with 11 men, one of whom will be VDV :D

SuprSi wrote: »
    What a weird match. Everyone on the Soccer forum is saying how Inter took their foot off the gas for the second half and if they hadn't that we wouldn't have come back at them. Well a big two fingers to that. The scoreline is what matters, and effectively we lost by a goal, down to 10 men for the vast majority of the game, at the home of the European Champions. There's no shame in that. If we go and beat Inter in WHL, nobody will care whether Inter took it easy in the second half of last nights game.

Overall I think the lads were a bit overwhelmed at the experience. This is understandable, considering who we were playing and where it was. I don't expect the same thing to happen in WHL, especially not with 11 men, one of whom will be VDV :D

That's a load of BS tbh, nothing to do with inter taking the foot off the gas, bale made 3 great runs and scored 3 quality goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    That's a load of BS tbh, nothing to do with inter taking the foot off the gas, bale made 3 great runs and scored 3 quality goals.

Thank you. That's exactly what I felt, though in fairness it's difficult to argue with the mob over there sometimes!

SuprSi wrote: »
    Thank you. That's exactly what I felt, though in fairness it's difficult to argue with the mob over there sometimes!

Yeah it can be tough at times, I wouldn value anyones opinion who said bale didn't deserve his goals, can't wait for the return leg, I watch yer group with interest, would like to see spurs do well after getting there tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Had Gomes not taken down yer man (Biabiany was it?) we would probably have been 2 down inside 12 mins anyways, and had he stayed on the pitch we probably would have conceded just as many. That 1st half performance was brutal by any standards, 10 or 11 men. The Gomes sending off provides us with an excuse for the performance. Even Wolves would have been made look good against such a static defence.
    That said it was something like our 11th CB pairing in the 14 games of our season so far, but Jesus Christ, we still should have been far, far better.

So your saying it would have been 4 nil even if we had 11 men, come off it..

Advertisement