Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos, 30 day money back guarantee.

• 18-10-2010 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi

My wife got a netbook for my daughter 28 days ago today, since she has had it, it runs very slowly taking way too long to change pages,now the sound has gone completely. I went through all the trouble shooters but still nothing,I think its a bit of a dud but anyway..

my question is can I get a refund or rplacement at this early stage or are they gonna want to repair it? As the title of the thread suggests,they do have a 30 day money back promise but apparently there are exclusions, including laptops, I wonder why?

I have not gone down yet but I would like to be informed beforehand if atall possible..anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The exclusions from the 30 day policy are typically devices which have memory.

However, in this case, the netbook sounds unfit for purpose, or defective. This supercedes their standard 30 day policy and means that they should take it back and offer you either a replacement, refund or repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

UPDATE.

Went down to my local Argos to see what they could do to help. They suggested that I first ring the technical helpline which I duly did.

The advice I received was to do a system re-install and that that should fix my sound problem, I carried out the procedure but it had no effect, at this point I rang back the helpline who told me that the computer would have to be repaired...as it is only 28 days old I was not too enamoured by their suggestion, so I decided to go back to Argos to see if they would be of any help to me.

Having had a recent poor customer service reception from Currys over a problrm with my own laptop,which had broken down twice in the first few months,I was not expecting any better,but to my pleasant surprise the manager came over,had a look himself there and then(that never happens in Currys let me tell ya) and was clearly able to see there was a problem with the netbook, he asked me would a replacement be ok,or would I prefer a refund? I opted for the replacement,and left the store a very satisfied customer,they seem to deal very well with their customers and I will certainly return to them for future business,well done Argos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Sounds fairly typical of Argos. I've had faulty products replaced, and even refunded, months after purchase. They'll usually just replace on the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

jor el wrote: »
    Sounds fairly typical of Argos. I've had faulty products replaced, and even refunded, months after purchase. They'll usually just replace on the spot.

Yep seems that way, Currys and the their ilk would do well to adopt the same type of high customer service intead of their shoddy treatment of their customers.

Advertisement