Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beautiful and sad short film

Options
  • 18-10-2010 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭

Warning! You *will* cry looking at this.
    So sad :'(

http://vimeo.com/8191217

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Nevermind cry, that made me bawl. So sad, really shows the truth and sums up the love shown by a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Have seen it before - I'm generally not a cryer but when I saw it for the first time I had to get up and step away from my laptop, really like how it's not sappy or cheap and just shows how much pets can mean to us and how they impact every part of our lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Omg, so so sad. Think it makes it more sad as you are thinking of your own dog and when the time comes for them:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

I'm glad I was at home when I watched it, cos I bawled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭bellx1

I'm glad I was at home when I watched it, cos I bawled!

I am too much of a wuss to watch - give me the general idea before I decide to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

wont play for me. im kinda glad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

bellx1 wrote: »

I am too much of a wuss to watch - give me the general idea before I decide to?

Guts of it is ex hardened criminal/drug addict gets rehabilitated by his dog, the dog shows him how to love and have compassion for other creatures including animals. He's now clean and a completely different person but his dog has cancer and he's made the decision to let him go because he's in dreadful pain.
    They film him bringing him to the vets. Nothing graphic but just heartbreaking. Makes you remember every dog you've had to make that decision for, and dread having to make if for current dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭bellx1

Guts of it is ex hardened criminal/drug addict gets rehabilitated by his dog, the dog shows him how to love and have compassion for other creatures including animals. He's now clean and a completely different person but his dog has cancer and he's made the decision to let him go because he's in dreadful pain.
    They film him bringing him to the vets. Nothing graphic but just heartbreaking. Makes you remember every dog you've had to make that decision for, and dread having to make if for current dogs.

Ah well, thats that for me anyway. I would cry for days. Just got some hugs and kisses from my 5yr old lab after reading this. He is so perceptive, if I am upset he always comes and rests his head on my leg. Don't want to think about the day I would have to make that decision.
    Thanks for info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

:( What have you done to me, I should have known better than to watch it. Beautiful piece though, thanks for sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

I started watching it but then chickened out. I know something like that would haunt me for days on end. Just one look at that little dog and I knew it would tear me apart.

• Advertisement
Advertisement