Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

switching to quinn healtcare???

Options
  • 18-10-2010 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

is it crazy to be thinking of switching from hibernian healthcare insurance to quinn healtcare insurance at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭thebourke

why?what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

given that users name, and the fact that user is now banned I would not worry about what they said..

All insurers are a much of a muchness, there is not a gigantic amount to choose from between them in terms of coverage and price - only small things here or there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

thebourke wrote: »
    is it crazy to be thinking of switching from hibernian healthcare insurance to quinn healtcare insurance at the moment?

Depends on what you're concerned about.

If it's the administration, I personally wouldn't be overly concerned. At the worst, your cover would be in place until renewal and you'd switch to someone else at renewal. Insurers have to recognise time spent with other health insurers, and I think most people should shop around on health insurance at renewal anyway.

If it's about the cover (benefits, etc), use the Health insurance authority's website (www.hia.ie) to compare plans and to see if you're gaining or losing out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

thebourke wrote: »

If your fear is because of the financial troubles that the Quinn group are going through, then you should remember that Quinn Healthcare is actually the powerhouse of the entire organisation. It's the most profitable section of the group, so is in no trouble at all.

If Quinn are giving you the health cover you want for the cheapest price, then switch.

Advertisement