Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dual display with a desktop

Options
  • 18-10-2010 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

Hi All,

I want to set extended desktop on my on desktop PC running windows XP. The machine currently has one graphics output (on board) whats the easiest (and cheapest) way of getting sorted?

Is there any sort of USB adapter that will do the trick (like with Netbooks) or do I have to install a new graphics card (APG/PCI) and if that's the case do I have to do any other configurations?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

New graphics card, easier if its PCI. If you arent gaming then any old cheap one will do, just make sure its DVI if you want to use a DVI monitor(or use an adaptor).

Also, graphics cards are also quite large sometimes, if you have a small case make sure there is room for one(as well as the slot and power).

Once you've installed it and the drivers you can then just right click your desktop and tell it to run dual screen. Sometimes this will reset the resolutions to that of the smallest screen, but its easily changed back.

Advertisement